IGNORED

The Club Has Done It's Part

numbeast

The chairman has certainly shown the courage of his convictions towards BCFC with the appointment of Steve Coppell. Also just how astute was Keith Millen? Had Milly wanted the job SC would have walked away but good old Keith had the sense to realise he'd only learned the basics under Gary Johnson and with SC at the helm he could learn some of the more refined aspects of Football Management and therefore giving himself the best apprenticeship possible for taking over either this or any other club in the future. Then there is SC himself, he used a few clichés but you could see behind the façade there was total understanding about what the club, the Chairman and the supporters expect from him. With his 12 month rolling contract he has left himself a "get out of jail free" card as well as not holding the club to ransom at the same time. To me this indicates his confidence in his own ability something I feel GJ lacked to a certain extent. Even GJ get some credit because without him raising the clubs fortunes and thus it's profile yesterdays appointment would not have happened.

So from the clubs point of view they have put the pieces in place that most fans wanted now it's up to us to do our part. Firstly we need to lower our expectations for next season, I'm not saying Coppell won't get us there or there about's, but let accept for now the play off's or above would be a bonus and next season will be a building year getting in the right players and bedding them in to become a team. We must also accept at this level our manager know far more than we do and some times a recipes ingredients for a fine meal can look very unappetising before they're served. No one can level the now infamous accusation of him being a "conference manager" or questioning whether or not this is too high a standard for him because we all know he's been there and done that all before. We must also remember that SC and GJ are like chalk and cheese especially where personality is concerned and SC lets his talking happen more on the pitch than GJ did. And finally we all need to pull together in supporting the club as a whole from board through the management level down to the playing squad they all deserve our support and encouragement.

Steve Lansdown has shown us his vision and his commitment to that vision and he is doing it for all of us, for those in the Supporters club and Trust, for those who have spent decades going to the Gate and for those newer fans and fans of the future. SL can only do so much though and it's up to the people who feel that the club is theirs to stand up and be counted in what ever way they can. Palace and Reading fans call SC Sir Steve but here at Bristol City we already have our own Sir Steve and that is Sir Steve Lansdown. So let us put the past disagreements aside to face the future together and unite behind his dream and help the club gain the stature a City like Bristol deserves. The future is bright coz it's Red and White

Top post agree 100%, chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

Top post, When I renewed my season ticket in March, I wondered if I was doing the right thing, but now I am looking forward to the next couple of season with anticipation.

I know its going to take time to get where we want to be, but you are right the future IS bright. Come on You REDS....

The chairman has certainly shown the courage of his convictions towards BCFC with the appointment of Steve Coppell. Also just how astute was Keith Millen? Had Milly wanted the job SC would have walked away but good old Keith had the sense to realise he'd only learned the basics under Gary Johnson and with SC at the helm he could learn some of the more refined aspects of Football Management and therefore giving himself the best apprenticeship possible for taking over either this or any other club in the future. Then there is SC himself, he used a few clichés but you could see behind the façade there was total understanding about what the club, the Chairman and the supporters expect from him. With his 12 month rolling contract he has left himself a "get out of jail free" card as well as not holding the club to ransom at the same time. To me this indicates his confidence in his own ability something I feel GJ lacked to a certain extent. Even GJ get some credit because without him raising the clubs fortunes and thus it's profile yesterdays appointment would not have happened.

So from the clubs point of view they have put the pieces in place that most fans wanted now it's up to us to do our part. Firstly we need to lower our expectations for next season, I'm not saying Coppell won't get us there or there about's, but let accept for now the play off's or above would be a bonus and next season will be a building year getting in the right players and bedding them in to become a team. We must also accept at this level our manager know far more than we do and some times a recipes ingredients for a fine meal can look very unappetising before they're served. No one can level the now infamous accusation of him being a "conference manager" or questioning whether or not this is too high a standard for him because we all know he's been there and done that all before. We must also remember that SC and GJ are like chalk and cheese especially where personality is concerned and SC lets his talking happen more on the pitch than GJ did. And finally we all need to pull together in supporting the club as a whole from board through the management level down to the playing squad they all deserve our support and encouragement.

Steve Lansdown has shown us his vision and his commitment to that vision and he is doing it for all of us, for those in the Supporters club and Trust, for those who have spent decades going to the Gate and for those newer fans and fans of the future. SL can only do so much though and it's up to the people who feel that the club is theirs to stand up and be counted in what ever way they can. Palace and Reading fans call SC Sir Steve but here at Bristol City we already have our own Sir Steve and that is Sir Steve Lansdown. So let us put the past disagreements aside to face the future together and unite behind his dream and help the club gain the stature a City like Bristol deserves. The future is bright coz it's Red and White

disapointed2se.gifdisapointed2se.gif This is just far too positive - don't you realise this is Bristol City?? Surely it must be LJ's fault now that Gary has gone...we mjst have somebody to blame for something??

super piece,i just hope the 14000+season tickets we sold a couple of seasons ago get beaten,this appointment will show what the bristol public is all about.any thing less im sure SL will be a tad concerned.

The same from me as everyone else who has replied positively. Agree 100%. I think what we the fans need will be PATIENCE. Yes we all would be like to be up near the top next season challenging but we may have to accept a season of consolidation whilst SC attempts to get the "mix" right, but, the more i read about and listen to him the more i agree that we have made the right decision and as long as we the fans give him the time then results will follow along with a more entertaining style of football.

TOP post and hopefully top times ahead (with a little patience from ourselves)

well, that pretty much sums it up. cracking post!

lansdown has stood up to be counted once again. his commitment to and enthusiasm for the club will have played a big part in persuading SC to come to city.

more than merits a chorus or two of "one steve lansdown" or similar tomorrow to show our appreciation...

Fantastic post and you can count me in. I will be more than happy if we can make steady progress again over the next few years, while watching entertaing football being played the way we want to see it.

All hail sir steve lansdown and the future messiah steve coppell.

You reds

Archived