IGNORED

Moan Moan Moan

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Amazed at the negativity right now - A 1-1 draw away to a side that scores lots of goals, where's the problem?

I will conceed woodman probably wasn't the best choice at left midfield, but then he's surely a safer option than Goodfellow for a game like saturday?

The same reasoning could be brought to Joe Burnell. Obviously Wilson decided Tommy needed to come off, and I expect the medical staff advised it. WHo to bring on then, Wilkshire or Burnell - It's got to be Burnell in a game like that. A simple swap of defensive midfielders. End of the day think it's a lose lose situation with Wilkshire and Burnell on the team sheet anyways, but that's a different story.

I saw a passionate display on saturday against a side that was never going to make it easy for us.

Guest exiledred

yes it is a good result in itself- but we were far from brilliant, the stats showed that. the goal we conceeded was nothing short of diabolical and we were very very very lucky to come away with a draw

the defending was at times very dodgy, and we have Steve Phillips to thank for keeping us in the tie- a lesser keeper would have seen us lose this game 3-1 at best

It was a very tough game as expected, but we have to be playing much better on Wedsnesday night, which i'm sure we will

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Ah fortune, forgot about him. Yeah he should have been on the bench - I think he's our best reserve midfielder by a mile

Quite a good post Willsbridge Red and well put. I think you are wrong, however, by calling Tommy Doherty a 'defensive midfielder'. In truth, he ran the midfield from the very start up until the time of his substituton. He kept the ball moving and made simple passes-but unlike our other midfielders, he moved into space for the return pass.He tackled as though his very life depended on him winning the challenge.Up until the substitution, we were the better side. Yes Hartlepool had more possession but didn't look like scoring. The substitution changed the whole game,in my opinion, as we were left with two central midfielders who, were unable to control the ball or find any time or space, let alone tackle. Perhaps this is why Wilkshire came on near the end. He is able to hold the ball and run with it-something our remaining two central midfielders hadn't managed after the 52nd minute.

Lets hope he's fit for Wednesday.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

True Tommy is much more than a defensive midfielder now. Midfield general?

People keep saying about a replacement for Tinns - Wilskshire is mentioned for the long term. I'd say Tommy is the man for it, if we keep him.

Guest bristolbred

Moan Moan, Moan, Moan, Moan!!!. :laugh:

That's what City fans are best at!!. :sub:

We've had years of practise!!. :Sleep12:

Following our team!!. C'est la vie!!. :ph34r:

But maybe we'll have something to sing and dance about on Wednesday, so let's get behind the team, 110%. :):)

There will be plenty of time to criticise afterwards if it does go wrong??. :Fume:

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!. :huh:

Ps. Tommy really is a midfield genius. How many times this season has he ran his heart out on the park??. :sport19:

Ps. Tommy really is a midfield genius. How many times this season has he ran his heart out on the park??. :sport19:

Well since Christmas anyway. Before that he was literally running his guts out but people seem to forget how unfit he was 6 months ago.

As for Saturday, the game changed completely when JB came on not his fault as he is constantly being asked to play out of position. Despite his lack of experience Clayton would be a better bet and could cover the defence at a push. (but not at centre half please!)

Archived