IGNORED

Oh Basso!

Bubble

Oh Ok if we hold his registration but we have relaesed him form his contract by mutual consent can we allow it to happen? Not saying it will but I can not see any Prem teams lending Manc C a goalkeeper there would be uproar if say the goalkeeper loaned did something to change the course of the game. I just though Hmm i wonder if Basso is the only one literally available of a reasonable standard. This is not me saying he is or isnt prem standard just intrigued

Oh Ok if we hold his registration but we have relaesed him form his contract by mutual consent can we allow it to happen? Not saying it will but I can not see any Prem teams lending Manc C a goalkeeper there would be uproar if say the goalkeeper loaned did something to change the course of the game. I just though Hmm i wonder if Basso is the only one literally available of a reasonable standard. This is not me saying he is or isnt prem standard just intrigued

He could join on loan, I think. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get someone like David James on loan for a couple of games.

It can't happen.

For a club to sign a player outside of the transfer window(i.e. a free agent), he needed to be a free agent at the time the last window closed, which Basso wasn't.

He can't sign for another club until the next window opens unfortunately - which is why I thought the timing of his "release" was a $hitty one by the club.

It can't happen.

For a club to sign a player outside of the transfer window(i.e. a free agent), he needed to be a free agent at the time the last window closed, which Basso wasn't.

He can't sign for another club until the next window opens unfortunately - which is why I thought the timing of his "release" was a $hitty one by the club.

I *think* the club still hold his registration for some reason. If that is true he could sign on emergency loan as man city have permission.

I *think* the club still hold his registration for some reason. If that is true he could sign on emergency loan as man city have permission.

They do, because they released him after the closing of the transfer window. He theoretically could sign on an emergency loan. But you'd have to wonder if they signed Basso - they might as well stick with the Faroes Island chap.

They do, because they released him after the closing of the transfer window. He theoretically could sign on an emergency loan.

Not sure how that would work Tom.

To loan a player, surely the player needs a club to be loaned from?? He is no longer an employee of the club, so not ours to "loan" out in any case - hence the ripping up of his contract? It doesn't seem correct that we could then decide that he IS employed by BCFC just to try to help him/man city out?

As far as I am aware, Mr Basso is residing in the Govt's unemployment statistics, at least until the next transfer window opens.

It can't happen.

As was the timing of the decision that he made at the beginning of the season after Weale had left for Leicester. Hey ho.

To loan a player, surely the player needs a club to be loaned from?? He is no longer an employee of the club, so not ours to "loan" out in any case - hence the ripping up of his contract? It doesn't seem correct that we could then decide that he IS employed by BCFC just to try to help him/man city out?

As far as I am aware, Mr Basso is residing in the Govt's unemployment statistics, at least until the next transfer window opens.

Actually from what I heard he is still employed by this club.... Is there anyone else who can confirm this if I am correct??

any club must gain permission from its reg holder,that goes down to any lvl of football, i.e on a sunday if I told a player to leave he would leave and I would still have his reg,and he would need permission from us to tranfer to another club.......The contract is nothing to do with regestration they are seperate.

Guest oftbc

I'm thinking back to when we first signed Bas Savage and remembering a similar situation where even tho he was a free agent we had to convince Coventry to loan him to us as it was outside of the transfer window because they still held his registration.

I'm thinking back to when we first signed Bas Savage and remembering a similar situation where even tho he was a free agent we had to convince Coventry to loan him to us as it was outside of the transfer window because they still held his registration.

We had to convince Cov to let him go?!? I'd have thought it would've been the other way round!

Why do people bang on about Basso as if he was some kind of God?

Decent keeper yes, but he s*** on you , me and every other City fan

by waiting til Weale left beore going in with contract demands.

End of City career, end of career. Get over it

They do, because they released him after the closing of the transfer window. He theoretically could sign on an emergency loan. But you'd have to wonder if they signed Basso - they might as well stick with the Faroes Island chap.

I think they just desperatly want another keeper because they have just the 1 fit goalie. If Neilson gets injured early in next game, they are truly ****ed.

Oh looks who the cat dragged in?? finished playing with your toy guns then :winner_third_h4h:

Anyone else find it highly amusing that the "richest club in the world" are scrabbling round trying to borrow a goalkeeper? Doesn't say much for their youth policy does it?

What's ridiculous about the whole situation is that Man City have SIX goalkeepers already!

Given (shoulder injury)

Hart (season-long loan)

Taylor (knee operation)

Gonzalez (groin)

Neilsen (he's from the Faroe Islands...)

Karius (academy)

Is this not enough for them!? Blimey, surely the point of a squad is you assemble this at the start of the season and this should see you through for the next nine months or so. If they choose to let one of them (their second best one) go out on loan for the season with no chance of a recall, that's their problem.

I'm sorry, but they should be made to play with this Neilsen chappie - he's 23, so not exactly a youngster. And it's not like he's never played a game before. Other teams have had to play youth academy keepers, so they should cope with him.

What's the point in rules if you're going to keep bl**dy breaking them?

What's ridiculous about the whole situation is that Man City have SIX goalkeepers already!

Given (shoulder injury)

Hart (season-long loan)

Taylor (knee operation)

Gonzalez (groin)

Neilsen (he's from the Faroe Islands...)

Karius (academy)

Is this not enough for them!? Blimey, surely the point of a squad is you assemble this at the start of the season and this should see you through for the next nine months or so. If they choose to let one of them (their second best one) go out on loan for the season with no chance of a recall, that's their problem.

I'm sorry, but they should be made to play with this Neilsen chappie - he's 23, so not exactly a youngster. And it's not like he's never played a game before. Other teams have had to play youth academy keepers, so they should cope with him.

What's the point in rules if you're going to keep bl**dy breaking them?

Did anyone of us complain in the promotion season when we got the Everton keeper in on loan for one game???

Did anyone of us complain in the promotion season when we got the Everton keeper in on loan for one game???

At the time, we had no fit goalkeepers at the club, which is well within the rules. According to some sites today, Man City currently have NINE professional goalkeepers on the books, FOUR of whom are eligible to play and one of whom is a 23-year-old international keeper. They're in a slightly different situation to the one we found ourselves in...

Archived