IGNORED

Hooper

slartibartfast

Jesus, its started already. Season's not even over! So thats:

Ingamarsson

Sonko

Kitson

Hooper

Any I have missed? Anyway, I do feel Hooper would be a good signing but I can imagine 'bigger' clubs being in for him.

Besides, not sure we really need another striker (provided we keep Maynard.)

Besides, not sure we really need another striker (provided we keep Maynard.)

We cant relie on maynard to much, as next season he could have a dip in form again and not score as many goals and i cant see many coming from other players on the pitch (15 +)

I feel one more quality striker will be enough and a good appointment in maintaining goal scoreing.

Hooper has been quality this season but i cant see us getting him!! It would be an amazing team though.

Gerken

Nyatanga, Carey, Fontaine, Orr

Haynes, Hartley, Elliot, Campbell-Ryce

HOOPER, MAYNARD!!

Depending on other players we may sign!!!

TBH, that team doesnt inspire at all..

Nyatanga has made loads of mistakes

Carey, slow and has been in terrible form

Orr at left back?

Marvin Elliot again has been poor this season

The only decent look to it is the front line

We cant relie on maynard to much, as next season he could have a dip in form again and not score as many goals and i cant see many coming from other players on the pitch (15 +)

I feel one more quality striker will be enough and a good appointment in maintaining goal scoreing.

Clarkson has a good goals to playing time ratio, just doesn't get played closedeyes.gif

Whether we need another striker or not, it certainly should not be a priority.

TBH, that team doesnt inspire at all..

Nyatanga has made loads of mistakes

Carey, slow and has been in terrible form

Orr at left back?

Marvin Elliot again has been poor this season

The only decent look to it is the front line

Absolutely. I think the forward line is the one part of our team that doesn't really need any attention over the summer.

With a better platform behind them we should be able to do just fine with Maynard, Haynes, Clarkson and Akinde. Millen's period in charge showed that City can score plenty of goals at this level if they play a more expansive game but that the defence is too vulnerable for them to mount a promotion challenge playing in this way.

We need serious surgery on the defence (Replacements/cover for Carey, Nyatanga and McAllister) before anything else.

I'd question whether or not Hooper and Maynard would be compatible as a strike pairing anyway.

Clarkson has a good goals to playing time ratio, just doesn't get played closedeyes.gif

Whether we need another striker or not, it certainly should not be a priority.

Well Keith said last week that signing another striker to play alongside Nicky was a priority. Maynard, Haynes, Clarkson, Akinde and A N Other it seems. Given that Steve C said he expected a busy summer as far as transfers go that clearly won't be all though.

It would be great if we can attract some of the cream of the championship if we going to splash the cash e.g. the likes of

Keiren Westwood - Coventry GK

Gylfi Sigurðsson - Reading MF

Charlie Adam - Blackpool MF

Gary Hooper - S****horpe ST

That little lot should only cost us £6-8m :whistle:

It would be great if we can attract some of the cream of the championship if we going to splash the cash e.g. the likes of

westwood-not a bad shout

gylfi-not a bad shout either

adam-going to newcastle

hooper-bigger clubs would be interested and offer more money

Would be delighted if we managed to get Charlie Adam. Although is he a CM or a wide man because I'm not sure we need another CM.

If I was Steve Coppell sorting out the defence would be my first objective without doubt.

IMO we could do with:

1 GK

1 or 2 CB's

1 LB (Sawyer?)

Although I'm sure there will be changes throughout the team.

westwood-not a bad shout

gylfi-not a bad shout either

adam-going to newcastle

hooper-bigger clubs would be interested and offer more money

I would like to know who these ''bigger'' clubs are to be honest. The likes of Derby Coventry etc are all skint and if anything over the last few years have been actively looking to reduce there wage bills/transfer fee's..

Im not saying we are huge spenders at this level by any means but when a player like Hooper becomes available at a price of 1.5 mill i would back us to be in the running for him. Look at Maynard for example, what other Championship club would have payed 2.25 million? I can name about 4 maximum.

I would like to know who these ''bigger'' clubs are to be honest. The likes of Derby Coventry etc are all skint and if anything over the last few years have been actively looking to reduce there wage bills/transfer fee's..

Im not saying we are huge spenders at this level by any means but when a player like Hooper becomes available at a price of 1.5 mill i would back us to be in the running for him. Look at Maynard for example, what other Championship club would have payed 2.25 million? I can name about 4 maximum.

Celtic apparently.

Sigurdsson linked with West Brom and Wolves

we need an out and out goalscorer who does the simple well, maynard doesn't seem to be able to score sitters in the 6 yard box, only insane bicycles and that. imagine 20 amazing goals comin from maynard then 25 from the 6 yard box from another striker

I assume you didn't see his goals against Swansea and Derby? :closedeyes:

If they go down, and especially if they're put into admin (or worse), then I would seriously consider signing Speroni from Palace. Is pretty much the reason they're not already down and has always impressed whenever i've seen him play. Others could/would probably be interested though. Coppell factor play a part though?

Archived