IGNORED

Glos Cup Final Vs Glos City

cswhitlock

Hi All

As we are one again looking like winning the GFA Senior cup and its on Weds at the gat anyone have an idea on prices KO time or anything ?

Now on main site £3 admission S.T `s no free ride; Gloucester, Gloucester :winner_third_h4h:

ahh the good old Glos Cup....

All them City/Gas clashes from yester-year, brings back great memories of summer Glos Cup games between the old foe rivals.

Used to be one of the highlights of the non league season... standing on the terraces at home or Eastville, floodlight towers glowing, shed loads of (mostly) good natured banter between mates of opposing sides.. had mostly Gasheads locally & at our old school - (living round the corner from whats his name?.. Hollow summat I thinK near banjo island)..

We of course were always the class act overall but they (the gas) did on occasion put up some good performances... Course the 'banter' was very erm 'lively' between non mates!... Specially as we always 'took' the Tote!! :)

Loved the atmos back then, & watching the likes of Skirton , Galley , Gibbo , Garland etc etc doing their stuff against 'em - Harold Jarman, Stu Taylor Larry Lloyd etc..

Ohh the good old days before football became what it is today (although obviously it is great to be on the verge of hitting the big-time right now & wouldnt wanna change that)...

.... BUT a little bit of me still yearns for them crazy old days of youth & the annual City - Rovers 'cup' clashes.. :) & the singing & chanting 'sea of red' making its way up Stapleton Road like a football version of the Severn Bore.. Great Days!!

And in those days EVERYONE could afford to go, week in week out for 'pocket money' turnstile prices... noone drove, we all walked & bused it together in little groups meeting up & growing on the way till gradually & magically we became one heaving mass of reds... hmmm. Those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end.

ahh the good old Glos Cup....

All them City/Gas clashes from yester-year, brings back great memories of summer Glos Cup games between the old foe rivals.

Used to be one of the highlights of the non league season... standing on the terraces at home or Eastville, floodlight towers glowing, shed loads of (mostly) good natured banter between mates of opposing sides.. had mostly Gasheads locally & at our old school - (living round the corner from whats his name?.. Hollow summat I thinK near banjo island)..

We of course were always the class act overall but they (the gas) did on occasion put up some good performances... Course the 'banter' was very erm 'lively' between non mates!... Specially as we always 'took' the Tote!! :)

Loved the atmos back then, & watching the likes of Skirton , Galley , Gibbo , Garland etc etc doing their stuff against 'em - Harold Jarman, Stu Taylor Larry Lloyd etc..

Ohh the good old days before football became what it is today (although obviously it is great to be on the verge of hitting the big-time right now & wouldnt wanna change that)...

.... BUT a little bit of me still yearns for them crazy old days of youth & the annual City - Rovers 'cup' clashes.. :) & the singing & chanting 'sea of red' making its way up Stapleton Road like a football version of the Severn Bore.. Great Days!!

And in those days EVERYONE could afford to go, week in week out for 'pocket money' turnstile prices... noone drove, we all walked & bused it together in little groups meeting up & growing on the way till gradually & magically we became one heaving mass of reds... hmmm. Those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end.

:chant6ez::dancing2::yes: I said to him whats up my friend he said the East Ends here again :dance:

Thinking of the good old/bad old days..... The old Gloucester Cup Finals (annual pre season 'friendlies') between US & the GAS...

Anyone got a year on year record of these games?... Results, Scorers, Teams, Attendances etc ? ... be good to see a list of these one time exciting encounters when our respective FIRST teams (& supporters ;) ) fought these annual battles...

Archived