IGNORED

Fulham

dezgimed

Not City related, but we aint got much to discuss these days.

Fulham's achievement tonight is unreal, cant believe it.

Good luck to them in the final!

englandsmile4wf.gif

Agreed, for a club of there size it is an amazing achievement, if you took away all the neturals that attend craven cottage and the free tickets they give away there hardcore fanbase must only be about 14 or 15 k!

Not City related, but we aint got much to discuss these days.

Fulham's achievement tonight is unreal, cant believe it.

Good luck to them in the final!

englandsmile4wf.gif

roy hodgson is our former manager so it kind of is city related.

awesome achievement for fulham, manager of the year has to be nailed on now.

Agreed, for a club of there size it is an amazing achievement, if you took away all the neturals that attend craven cottage and the free tickets they give away there hardcore fanbase must only be about 14 or 15 k!

To be fair to Fulham their neutral end is almost an add on for away fans that are willing to sit with home fans

And did anyone think when that final whistle went "what's stopping that being us in the coming years?"

To be fair to Fulham their neutral end is almost an add on for away fans that are willing to sit with home fans

And did anyone think when that final whistle went "what's stopping that being us in the coming years?"

I was sat in the Hamburg end last Thursday (live near Hamburg) against Fulham. Thinking the same. Sat there proudly with my City Scarf on.

Hamburg fan asks " yu are not ze hamburg Fan?" Nein, I said "wif ur red & wite skarf - you mst be a liverpool Fan" nein, I said - "Bristol City".

Considering Fulham nearly went extinct and have a similar history, yes why couldn't that be us one day?

As 'cute' as everyone seems to find 'little old' Fulham they are still funded by a very rich man that invests his own cash to the cause. Until we get some Russian Billionaire it's not gonna happen. And to be honest I'd much prefer Sir Steve Lansdown anyway dancing6.gif

As 'cute' as everyone seems to find 'little old' Fulham they are still funded by a very rich man that invests his own cash to the cause. Until we get some Russian Billionaire it's not gonna happen. And to be honest I'd much prefer Sir Steve Lansdown anyway dancing6.gif

In terms of wealth (now I might be wrong here) but I think Lansdown is richer than Al Fayed? Its just Lansdown chooses to be more careful with his money and Al Fayed fancies himself as a bit of a playboy who is happy to spend spend spend.... although he has been less reckless with his money recently - perhaps the spending has been catching up with him!

In terms of wealth (now I might be wrong here) but I think Lansdown is richer than Al Fayed? Its just Lansdown chooses to be more careful with his money and Al Fayed fancies himself as a bit of a playboy who is happy to spend spend spend.... although he has been less reckless with his money recently - perhaps the spending has been catching up with him!

Al Fayed is worth around 650m -http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/specials/rich_list/rich_list_2009/article6184576.ece he is a fair amount richer, more so than Lansdown, who 'only' has 400m. Pennies really...

Congrats to Fulham, but comparisons with us must be cautious - Al Fayed is very rich, they had Keegan in the Championship, and have a much higher profile and greater history than ourselves.

Manager of the year by a country mile.

Indeed. Sir Alex Ferguson said almost exactly your words.. When Hodgson was told he he blushed and was genuinely thrilled. A modest man with nothing to be modest about and that rare thing, an English manager with real knowledge and experience of the game beyond these shores. If more young English coaches making their way tried working abroad we might produce more candidates for the England job. Of course Roy is being touted as the next one.

• Admin

Not so sure about his own cash!!! Fulham is owned by Fulham Leisure Holdings, a company registered to Al Fayed in the British Virgin Islands. The money has been put into Fulham, from this company, as interest free loans. There have been articles in the media (more in the financial sector than the sport) about the shady transfer of monies between Harrods and holding companies in the BVI and Caman isles. Fulham owe Al Fayed in excess of £150M, so he isn't quite the generous benefactor. Some folk still think there is an ulterior motive to his involvement, although it has lasted longer than many predicted at the outset of his ownership.

I was sat in the Hamburg end last Thursday (live near Hamburg) against Fulham. Thinking the same. Sat there proudly with my City Scarf on.

Hamburg fan asks " yu are not ze hamburg Fan?" Nein, I said "wif ur red & wite skarf - you mst be a liverpool Fan" nein, I said - "Bristol City".

Considering Fulham nearly went extinct and have a similar history, yes why couldn't that be us one day?

Your not the first City supporter to follow Hamburg. I try and get to a couple of games a season. My last was away at Celtic.

7816_158688194182_545309182_2500454_5236126_n.jpg

7816_158419959182_545309182_2498250_3987515_n.jpg

7816_158419804182_545309182_2498228_6653537_n.jpg

Archived