IGNORED

Do We Still Have A Chance

Guest Spying Monkey

Guest Spying Monkey

How do you rate atr chances at youir place you do seem to have a good home record and do well in the important ones i am desperate for Pooll to do it but do not hold out much hope against you at your place !

Our home form hasn't been to bad this season but more importantly we have managed to perform when it matters, we didn't loose to any of the top six this season home and away and hopefully with a full house we will be determined to keep that going. Did read somewhere though that Hartlepool have one of the best away records in England so definatly is going to be a good game.

Guest Spying Monkey

I do hope we play with pride and passion and do the North East proud as its them others who get all the media up here .

That said though away form is mighty decent but i shall be applauding the winners and losers whoever that be , hope our lads give good account of theyselves and if they win i shall happily walk home .

Reckon though your boys must be feeling halfway to Cardiff with good reason but hopefully we might suprise ya !

We've only lost 3 games at home all season (2 league 1 cup) though too many silly draws is why we are in the playoffs. Though our "big game" form has been good at AG to date.

That said the pressure of a one-off game and the potential rewards for the winning team will be a great leveller!

Guest Spying Monkey
Why do I keep hearing Hartlepool have a 'fantastic' home record and an 'excellent' away record, can you have both and still finish 6th in the league?
For a club of our size with this reocrd in the 2ND division we are very pleased and proud of home and away this year it might not seem much to yourself butr it fills me full of pride that this wonderful little club has come so far !

City seem to be able to step it up at Home for the big games, and this is as big as it gets, so should be a better performance from us than at Pool.

Hartlepool showed on Sat that they are not about to roll over and hand us the final place, all credit to them. We need to be very much on our game and play good attacking football. Looking forward to it, but nervous at the same time.

Here's hoping for a good game :D

Spying Monkey - what's the problem with your message board, says its suspended?

Fair play to the Hartlepool team, once they got over the shock of

the early opener they gave it a real good go and if it wasn't for

Phillips and the Ref, we would have been going into the home

leg trying to make up a deficit. However, we rode our luck and defended

well and we are still all square. If we are on top of our game, i'd back

us at AG against anybody.

Guest chimp choker

The reason our message board is suspended is because a one or two people went a bit overboard with the criticism of Mike Newell last season after we had lost a 14 point lead in division 3. So he`s threatening legal action, poor thing.

Going back to saturdays game, I hope the few hundred that came up to Hartlepool enjoyed themselves and I`m sure they would agree that this tie is set up nicely.

We have a very good away record this season and I think we`ll make a good account of ourselves at Ashton Gate. These are really great times for our club and the atmosphere on saturday was really something for 7200 odd. Those who were there will agree to that I`m sure. Whatever happens this has been a great season for us and if we can tempt a few more Hartlepool people to forego watching Newcastle and Sunderland we could begin to emege from their shadows.( nobody up here takes Middlesboro seriously, including Middlesboro fans (8000 for FA cup tie v Notts County in Jan, enough said)

Prediction...City 1 Pools 2 aet.

Agreed with much of the comments here.

On one hand, asuming both sets of players 'want it' as much, I fancy our lot 'need it' more. Sense from the Hartlepool lot whatever happens now, their season has been a big success. We cannot make that judgemnet for another game or two.

Equally, Hartlepool are used to success, having gone up last year. Seem like an annoying toothache - difficult to get rid of. Would feel pretty confident we will not lose - but a draw is still very possible.

Like most one off games, fancy it will come down to one or two key moments. Lets hope its our turn.

For a club of our size with this reocrd in the 2ND division we are very pleased and proud of home and away this year it might not seem much to yourself butr it fills me full of pride that this wonderful little club has come so far !
I wasn't trying to upset you and I apologise if I did. You are right to be proud of your club. There was lots of good posts here when we went up to you in the league saying how welcoming your fans were. And again this time we were being invited to have a drink and a bit of banter before saturdays match. Not many fans are as welcoming, including us, which is a shame.

What i was trying to say was that any club who are so good, both home and away, would be expected to go up automatically. After all thats all it takes to be top of the league?

We have a nasty habit of stumbling at the final hurdle. IF we fail I would rather you to go up than Brighton, and definately not Swindon. :D

The reason our message board is suspended is because a one or two people went a bit overboard with the criticism of Mike Newell last season after we had lost a 14 point lead in division 3. So he`s threatening legal action, poor thing.

Going back to saturdays game, I hope the few hundred that came up to Hartlepool enjoyed themselves and I`m sure they would agree that this tie is set up nicely.

We have a very good away record this season and I think we`ll make a good account of ourselves at Ashton Gate. These are really great times for our club and the atmosphere on saturday was really something for 7200 odd. Those who were there will agree to that I`m sure. Whatever happens this has been a great season for us and if we can tempt a few more Hartlepool people to forego watching Newcastle and Sunderland we could begin to emege from their shadows.( nobody up here takes Middlesboro seriously, including Middlesboro fans (8000 for FA cup tie v Notts County in Jan, enough said)

Prediction...City 1 Pools 2 aet.

I've got more time for a bloke that's born in Hartlepool and supports Hartlepool than these to$$pots in replica shirts that drive off from H'Pool & Bristol every Saturday and go to Man Utd or Boro.

In fact, although I hate to say it, I've got more time for a Gashead (That's a Rovers Fan in case you don't know)

After Weds, Good Luck to you :D

Archived