IGNORED

Maynard

Pezo

Congratulations to Maynard for finishing joint top scorer in the league, a few quick questions .... does he get a joint golden boot award for coming joint top at the end of the league season or is there no trophy without a winner? also does it include the play-offs which obviously gives Wittingham the chance to get some more goals?

This must surly show how good he is when highly rated player like Chopra are way down in 7th with 16 goals and I heard on Radio Bristol after the Doncaster game someone saying we need to get rid of Maynard and get Billy Sharp who finished down in 11th (not sure how many games he played though).

How long have we as fans thought the secret to success is a 20 goal a season striker yet most people have had more complaints this season (rightly so) than any since we sold our last 20 a season striker.

Also not to undermine Maynards achievement but what about Hooper at S****horpe scoring 19 with them finishing 20th, that's relatively speaking pretty impressive.

Congratulations to Maynard for finishing joint top scorer in the league, a few quick questions .... does he get a joint golden boot award for coming joint top at the end of the league season or is there no trophy without a winner? also does it include the play-offs which obviously gives Wittingham the chance to get some more goals?

This must surly show how good he is when highly rated player like Chopra are way down in 7th with 16 goals and I heard on Radio Bristol after the Doncaster game someone saying we need to get rid of Maynard and get Billy Sharp who finished down in 11th (not sure how many games he played though).

How long have we as fans thought the secret to success is a 20 goal a season striker yet most people have had more complaints this season (rightly so) than any since we sold our last 20 a season striker.

Also not to undermine Maynards achievement but what about Hooper at S****horpe scoring 19 with them finishing 20th, that's relatively speaking pretty impressive.

Maynard has come on leaps and bounds in the second half of this season. Just imagine how good he would be feeding off of a real partner. Kitson anyone?

had a fiver on maynard to be top scorer at 33/1 - bloody bookies better pay out on this or I wont be happy!!

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to argue it, especially if Wittingham scores in the play-offs, they will try and worm there way out of anything they think they can.

Maynard has come on leaps and bounds in the second half of this season. Just imagine how good he would be feeding off of a real partner. Kitson anyone?

I think your setting yourself up for disappointment if your setting your sites on players like that, Coppell has a great reputation of getting unknowns and really making them work out well, very rarely did he spend big money most places he has been.

Well done to Maynard, big improvement on last year.

Funny isn't it how many penalties Cardiff seem to get? Ross McCormack last year was one of the top scorers and a good percentage of his goals were from penalties. Whittingham as well this year, a few penalties. If Maynard was our regular penalty taker, he would be outright top scorer I reckon.

well done Nicky, hopefully push on next season and get the award to him self. :chant6ez:

Dont forget, before the plymouth game Maynard only had 11 goals. To all but double his tally in so few games makes it even more impressive!

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to argue it, especially if Wittingham scores in the play-offs, they will try and worm there way out of anything they think they can.

I seem to remember doing the same, but I have no idea what bookies I used :laugh:. Think it might have even not gone through at the time, god my memory is so bad.

had a fiver on maynard to be top scorer at 33/1 - bloody bookies better pay out on this or I wont be happy!!

It will be settled as a dead heat, they work it out either half stake going on to the bet (£2.50 in your case) or it's half the odds (£5 at 16.5/1) either way a minimum £85 back.

It will be settled as a dead heat, they work it out either half stake going on to the bet (£2.50 in your case) or it's half the odds (£5 at 16.5/1) either way a minimum £85 back.

I would assume putting £5 on the divs top scorer , you would actually get paid out same if Whittingham. In a court of law the bookies wouldnt stand a chance of wriggling out, unless when you placed the bet they informed you or you have in writing something covering themselves if two or more players tie..

The playoffs goals will be added theoretically but not for actual top league goalscorer..the league has finished. Play off games are add ons..

Remember when betting on a team to win, you only get 90mins, no extra time. Play offs are the extra time in my book...:laugh:.

Its for Regular Season goals only. In the 1989-90 season Bob Taylor scored 27 league goals but Micky Quinn scored 32. In all competions it was Taylor 34 and Quinn 36 but Newcastle failed to score in the Play-Offs

taylor would have gone on to top 40 that season had he not been crippled after scoring a hatrick against crewe, that also cost us the title to the scum

because theres no trophy, im tempted to spray paint a football boot gold and give it to him at the open day :P

:city: ...you mightve started something there m8!

Be a great laugh if DOZENS of Golden Boots were dropped off at AG all tagged Nicky!! :)

There must be hundreds of old boots out there - imagine if shedloads of 'em ended up being delivered FAO Nicky Maynard!!!

Just a thought :yawn:

:city: ...you mightve started something there m8!

Be a great laugh if DOZENS of Golden Boots were dropped off at AG all tagged Nicky!! :)

There must be hundreds of old boots out there - imagine if shedloads of 'em ended up being delivered FAO Nicky Maynard!!!

Just a thought :yawn:

Or just get him the cheapest golden boot trophy you can. normally seen at youth football tournaments, go to an engraver "yeah can i have "Championship Golden Boot - Nicky Maynard"". And in personal experience they normally have a typo so it could have Nicky Naymard on it.

Archived