IGNORED

Mr Holloway

Gazred

To be fair he is quite complimentary of us also, but this bit did make me laugh out loud...

"I am a Bristolian and I cheered for them when they were in the play-off final (when City lost to Hull in 2008).

"People might not believe that with the stick they give me but come on, move on for Christ's sake.

"I'm not in charge of a sxxx football team now, am I? My football team has probably achieved more than they have. Excuse my French but I would like to move on in my life."

Once a Gashead, always a Gashead Ian, we'll never forget that.

All together now....Cheer up Holloway, oh what can it mean.......

To be fair he is quite complimentary of us also, but this bit did make me laugh out loud...

"I am a Bristolian and I cheered for them when they were in the play-off final (when City lost to Hull in 2008).

"People might not believe that with the stick they give me but come on, move on for Christ's sake.

"I'm not in charge of a sxxx football team now, am I? My football team has probably achieved more than they have. Excuse my French but I would like to move on in my life."

end of the day only he knows whether he means it or not. i'd like to beleive he's a reformed character who wishes us all the best, but im not so sure. end of the day who cares anyway. he's going to get stick, its all banter. i cant beleive he pays any attention to it to be honest.

Mr Holloway - you acted like a prize tool back in the 80's and 90's.

As you've been in football for more than 5 minutes you'll realise that things like this will never be forgotten. Of course the strength of feeling has generally toned down and people are more philiosophical now, but it ain't going to stop us using you as a figure of fun is it?

Move on by all means. We'll have a bit of a laugh whilst you do that.

I've no issue with Holloway. I'd imagine he's completely genuine when he suggests he wanted us to win that game at Wembley.

He's grown up and no longer gets any enjoyment from the banter so it just gets on his nerves. Oh well Ollie. Thats just tough.

Yer a decent (if comical) bloke though and I've plenty of respect for you.

Fair play to the guy, I think he has grown up and realised that there are far more important things in life than hatred of your rivals. He has done an outstanding job at Blackpool on a very limited budget, and whatever his Gashead past, you have to respect that. As the Premier League becomes more predictable and Corporate, and tries to make the Championship dull with increased parachute payments and token cash to Lower League clubs, it would be great to see a smaller Club gatecrash the Greed League, even if it is only for one season. And long may it continue that the Championship throws up these unexpected successes.

Still a complete horses ass!

Even when trying to deflame the situation he makes a comment to inflame it all again!

He hasn't reached a play-off final yet and conveniently forgets our history in the top division.

I quite like the bloke and all of the banter that goes with it... I'm sure he does really but is probably a bit worried at the level of abuse he gets from some.

I imagine there are probably some morons who would want to do harm to him rather than the panto stuff that most take part in.

This line is intriguing...

"I'm not in charge of a sxxx football team now, am I?

Which would suggest, he WAS in charge of a sxxx football team in the past!! We cant argue with that.

Still a complete horses ass!

Even when trying to deflame the situation he makes a comment to inflame it all again!

He hasn't reached a play-off final yet and conveniently forgets our history in the top division.

He's not saying that though ! He is referring to this season, and his team have achieved more than City this season.

If he could shut up for 5 minutes it might help.sleeping.gif

Why do the EP think anyone in Bristol is interested in his views anyway?

City fans can't stand him and Rovers fans gave him vicious abuse and sent him packing when he flopped as their manager.

He's certainly NOT amusing in any way either so who in Bristol, apart from those in high places at the EP, actually gives two hoots what he thinks?dunno.gif

While I would never cheer for Rovers, or any side managed by Hollowhead- I can't help but feel that some of the views expressed on here go a tad overboard.

It could be because I only started supporting City in 1998, and woulde obviously have no concrete recollections of Hollowhead and all the stuff further back. I just don't, can't beyond the chants and wanting him to lose all the time- hold the depth of feelings towards him that some do based on one video.

I wouldn't cheer them on, but wouldn't mind them beating leeds this w/e (even if it's about as likely as us signing torres over the summer)

Torres to City ! Now you come to mention it ....... my mates,brothers,auntie knows a bloke who drinks san miguell and eats paella he reckons he saw Torres in Tescostumbleweed.gif

While I would never cheer for Rovers, or any side managed by Hollowhead- I can't help but feel that some of the views expressed on here go a tad overboard.

It could be because I only started supporting City in 1998, and woulde obviously have no concrete recollections of Hollowhead and all the stuff further back. I just don't, can't beyond the chants and wanting him to lose all the time- hold the depth of feelings towards him that some do based on one video.

That'll be it then.yes.gif

It's not just that video though, horrific enough as it is - H'Head made his Rovers debut in 81 so he was well known for his anti City feelings, comments, and over the top Derby Day displays for almost 10 years before that.

We played Rovers often in the 80's, losing most of them, and he never failed to wind up the City fans. It certainly wasn't "in fun" either.

It's certainly not a case of wanting to thump him, not in my case anyway, but his anti City behaviour and uncalled for remarks over almost 30 years deserve no forgiveness and hopefully he will be left in no doubt exactly what Bristol City fans think of him whenever our paths cross at a football match.

Archived