IGNORED

Scott Sinclair

Derk94

I didn't want to start this topic as a 'he is good lets buy him' kinda thing. But I was on thesun.co.uk (newspaper website) and came across this:

"SCOTT SINCLAIR admits his future at Chelsea is in the balance following a disappointing season at Wigan.

The 21-year-old winger had hoped to make an impression at the DW Stadium after joining the Latics on loan in August.

But he has struggled to win a regular place in Roberto Martinez's side, making just one start and 17 substitute appearances in the Premier League.

He was in the starting XI for four cup games but Sinclair knows Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti is yet to be convinced of his worth.

Sinclair said: "I've had a frustrating season because I haven't really played as much as I would like.

"Next season I'm just going to go back to Chelsea and see what happens.

"I haven't really planned that far ahead. I just need to speak to Ancelotti and go from there."

I have seen him play a few times, and have seen highlights on the TV and there is no questioning his ability. I had also heard rumors about a possible move for him last year for 1.5M. In my opinion we are in need of a quick right winger to match Campbell-Ryce on the left and for me, he would be the most sensible and realsitic target. Maybe if we could even get him on loan........... :)

Here is a few clips - I know it only shows good clips, but its still gives you an idea of his pace and other attributes.

Luke x

Seems to be one of those players happy to sit on their ass picking up the money. If he was interested in playing he would have left Chelsea long ago for somewhere where he would get regular games. Likes being a footballer, doesn't like playing football as somebody once said. :innocent06:

Sinclair said: "I've had a frustrating season because I haven't really played as much as I would like.

Seems to be one of those players happy to sit on their ass picking up the money.

I don't know how you've come to that conclusion based on the circumstances and indeed what he himself says.

I really don't know how good he is, hard to tell as he's not played enough. You could pop too the Plymouth fans hang out and ask them i guess :P

I don't know how you've come to that conclusion based on the circumstances and indeed what he himself says.

I really don't know how good he is, hard to tell as he's not played enough. You could pop too the Plymouth fans hang out and ask them i guess :P

Because if he meant what he said he would not have spent so much of his career as a sub. He should have gone to a club where he would get regular games. That would have to be a Championship club. We were that club last summer. He turned us down in favour of the Wigan bench. Tells its own story imo.

Didn't he play for palace or am I getting confused? I'm sure he's played against us before and looked crap everytime. Never gonna make it.

Had loan spells at Plymouth and Palace. Scored a spectacular goal for Plymouth but then Nicky does that regularly. Played against us for Palace in the first leg of the playoff semi and didn't get a kick. Sub in the second leg I think. Nothing special imo. Ditching the Gas for Chelski at 16 did his career development no good at all, though no doubt good for his bank balance.

Because if he meant what he said he would not have spent so much of his career as a sub. He should have gone to a club where he would get regular games. That would have to be a Championship club. We were that club last summer. He turned us down in favour of the Wigan bench. Tells its own story imo.

He chose wigan over us because he felt he could get games in the prem. He's had loan spells before in the championship and when he was with plymouth he was awesome.

Going to wigan over us shows ambition rather than big headedness, because his pay wouldnt have been affected either way because it was a loan deal.

I hope we do get him, you can say haynes is just as good and perhaps he is but what happens if haynes gets unjured, or has a bad run of form, or gets complacent because hes got no competition.

You can never have too many good players.

He chose wigan over us because he felt he could get games in the prem. He's had loan spells before in the championship and when he was with plymouth he was awesome.

Going to wigan over us shows ambition rather than big headedness, because his pay wouldnt have been affected either way because it was a loan deal.

I hope we do get him, you can say haynes is just as good and perhaps he is but what happens if haynes gets unjured, or has a bad run of form, or gets complacent because hes got no competition.

You can never have too many good players.

Well, if he is as good as you and he think there will presumably be a queue of Prem and CCC clubs wanting to sign him. Having turned us down as not good enough for him once it seems unlikely he will say yes a second time if a bigger club comes in for him.. Somebody who has played so irrregullarly when he could have played more if he had swallowed his pride doesn't come across as a Steve Coppell player to me. But who knows? We shall see.

I thought about Haynes before I started this topic, but if you think about it Sinclair's technical ability is LOTS better than Haynes. He can run with close contact of the ball at his feet, whereas Haynes doesn't seem fluid enough to me.

In my opinion he would be worth a punt, maybe a months loan leading to a permanent deal if required?

I think we should avoid, there's much better out there, never impressed on loan at Plymouth, palace or charlton so what makes him good enough for us? I suspect Coppell will have better players than Sinclair in mind if we are to be challenging at the right end of the table

Yeah, pretty sure he played for palarse but i thought he looked dangerous every time he got the ball. Could be the left winger we are looking for.

As I said above he did indeed play for Palace in the playoff semi. Tried both wings in the first leg and didn't get a look in. Orr and McAllister shut him out. Sinclair is in danger of being another young player going to the Prem for the money and effectively disappearing. Ancelloti recently referred to the young players who would be in his first team squad next season. Sinclair was not among them. If he wants a career as opposed to just money he needs to lower his sights, go somewhere for regular football (i.e. not the Prem) and knuckle down.

Archived