IGNORED

Cardiff

CotswoldRed

What the article doesn't say is that Cardiff haven't paid their players for April. The press statement gets released reminding everyone that this Malaysian chap is going to invest £6million (that they've been waiting on for months now) and make everything ok so the courts are more sympathetic.....

I agree they probably will come out the other side a ok but i'll wait till its officially announced

I think they are 'playing' the HMRC and hoping that they win the play offs, if they fail they will come out and say the potential backer has pulled out.

What is the point of wasting more taxpayers money, just close them down NOW.

BCAGFC

What exactly has been agreed? Have they paid?

Can't see any reports here.

They've been given another 42 days. Unbelieveable. The 56 days was meant to be there last chance.

Cardiff City have been given another 42 days to pay a £1.9million tax bill to Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.

The Championship club were back at the High Court on Wednesday morning for a further hearing regarding the outstanding debt.

However, the matter has now been adjourned until 16th June, by which time Cardiff could have won promotion to the Premier League.

The Bluebirds finished fourth in the Championship table and will meet Leicester City in the play-off semi-finals.

If Dave Jones' side overcome Leicester, they will face Blackpool or Nottingham Forest in the final at Wembley on Saturday 22nd May in a game which offers the biggest financial incentive in world football.

Toothless exercise, the whole thing.

Well done to Cardiff on this one I guess. They've managed to get the courts and the HMRC right around their little finger. You can't blame Cardiff for our toothless government department and courts.

I wonder how many votes might have been lost in Cardiff if they had been wound up?

Cynical? Moi?

Can somebody please explain to me why the Football League allow clubs to cheat like Baardiff have by having an unfair advantage and the HMRC and Courts treat football clubs differently than everybody else.

If I don't pay my tax bill or council tax bill I can expect a custodial sentence - why isn't Ridsdale in prison?

Can somebody please explain to me why the Football League allow clubs to cheat like Baardiff have by having an unfair advantage and the HMRC and Courts treat football clubs differently than everybody else.

If I don't pay my tax bill or council tax bill I can expect a custodial sentence - why isn't Ridsdale in prison?

You're right, its one rule for one and one for another.

BUT, nobody has committed a crime.

Anyone want to bet that within 5 years Cardiff and Portsmouth will be sitting handsomely in the league with their debts uncannily nowhere to be seen, but with so-called creditors without their cash?

You're right, its one rule for one and one for another.

BUT, nobody has committed a crime.

Anyone want to bet that within 5 years Cardiff and Portsmouth will be sitting handsomely in the league with their debts uncannily nowhere to be seen, but with so-called creditors without their cash?

It'll be interesting to see whether that happens, or whether one day shock waves will go through the football world when a club of some standing actually ceases to exist because there are no more shady foreign businessmen out there with dodgy rescue packages. Or, perish the thought, we actually start introducing some rules that restrict debt, put a "fit and proper person" test in place that isn't a complete joke and try to put the game on a fair, sustainable basis that levels the playing field for all.

For those following this thread, and who haven't yet seen it, the thread on parachute payments contains some material that is very relevant to the issues you've raised here.

Unbelivable. What example does this set to clubs and people who pay their tax's on time? No example at all it just SMACKS them in the mush.

There is no insentive to pay tax then, clearly the goverment does not need it. Hahah.

I'm going to stop paying my council tax and see how quixckly I wind up in court or in Prison, this country is a joke, just a joke.

If you think about it ...the tax mans choice makes sense

A) Close them down and not get paid

B) Give them a little more time and good chance of being paid

makes sense to HMRC not to close them down yet as they want their cash at the end of the day and the possibility of promotion is a very strong one

If they dont go to prem then it will interesting as I reckon the investor wont do anything until this is resolved

My beef would be with Football League for allowing them to play this little game in the first place

Isn't that what today was about?

The fact is they gave them more time LAST time. The above argument is rolling from hearing to hearing with no obvious end in sight.

Isn't that what today was about?

The fact is they gave them more time LAST time. The above argument is rolling from hearing to hearing with Cardiff eventually clearing the slate conveniently before the next season.

FTFY. If they win the POs i'll be hitting the Captain Morgan.

makes sense to HMRC not to close them down yet as they want their cash at the end of the day and the possibility of promotion is a very strong one

If they dont go to prem then it will interesting as I reckon the investor wont do anything until this is resolved

My beef would be with Football League for allowing them to play this little game in the first place

I don't think its HMRC's choice- at the last hearing their solicitor got really shitty about the extention they got given. As i've said several times, they're clearly mortgaging everything on winning the play offs- a last roll of the dice if you will. While i wouldn't want to see any club go out of business (even Cardiff), its a disgrace that this is allowed to continue. I think Swansea should sue them on the grounds that their financial practices gave them an unfair advantage

The worst thing is, i bet if this was a small engineering firm or the such like, they wouldn't have even been given the original 56 days to pay their tax bill, let alone a 42 day extension. Disgusting on all sides

I don't think its HMRC's choice- at the last hearing their solicitor got really shitty about the extention they got given. As i've said several times, they're clearly mortgaging everything on winning the play offs- a last roll of the dice if you will. While i wouldn't want to see any club go out of business (even Cardiff), its a disgrace that this is allowed to continue. I think Swansea should sue them on the grounds that their financial practices gave them an unfair advantage

The worst thing is, i bet if this was a small engineering firm or the such like, they wouldn't have even been given the original 56 days to pay their tax bill, let alone a 42 day extension. Disgusting on all sides

As much as I disagree with the ruling there must be a pretty definate plan in place this time rather than the rather fishy "we have a Malaysian who will probably be putting money in".

The HMRC have done a complete u-turn since the last time. It was them at the previous meeting who were calling for Cardiff being wound up due to insolvency, but this time they are pleading for more time.

As much as I disagree with the ruling there must be a pretty definate plan in place this time rather than the rather fishy "we have a Malaysian who will probably be putting money in".

The HMRC have done a complete u-turn since the last time. It was them at the previous meeting who were calling for Cardiff being wound up due to insolvency, but this time they are pleading for more time.

I read it as being about the promotion issue. HMRC know their chances of getting paid are greatly improved if Cardiff go up. The chances of 'fishy' Malaysian businessman coming on board for the full, promised £6m investment are also greater. So, in short: no promotion, no sudden injection of capital from existing football sources. No promotion, maybe no Malaysian businesman, either. Neither equals skint. Skint equals HMRC saying, no point in hanging around any longer; press for winding-up order.

Squeaky bum time, as Sir Alex would say.

I read it as being about the promotion issue. HMRC know their chances of getting paid are greatly improved if Cardiff go up. The chances of 'fishy' Malaysian businessman coming on board for the full, promised £6m investment are also greater. So, in short: no promotion, no sudden injection of capital from existing football sources. No promotion, maybe no Malaysian businesman, either. Neither equals skint. Skint equals HMRC saying, no point in hanging around any longer; press for winding-up order.

Squeaky bum time, as Sir Alex would say.

This is what grips my ****. It should not be about them having a chance to get in the Prem. If Cardiff go up Swansea, Pool, Florest and 7th place should sue the HMRC for failing to act appropriatly.

I pray they don't win, I would never pay tax again in this country if they are not brought to justice, I would steal everything I see, I would no longer play by the rules, i swear this.

Haha I know enough about Malay business men to know not to trust them as far as i can throw them, they are the ultimate in greed and corruption. There is no way in the world this Knighted Malay will chuck cash at Cardiff to bail them out, he will have a plan to make a lot of money, if not he just wont bother.

Haha I know enough about Malay business men to know not to trust them as far as i can throw them, they are the ultimate in greed and corruption. There is no way in the world this Knighted Malay will chuck cash at Cardiff to bail them out, he will have a plan to make a lot of money, if not he just wont bother.

I have read they are handing over 49% of the shares in the club to this dodgy geezer for just £6M. This means the club is only worth about £12M to the board - and also means even if they get saved now they are just building up problems for themselves down the road.

They will still have debts in the future, and there wont be any equity left to flog off when the next raft of debt comes along. Why should the malaysian fork out any more money to help them? They are seriously up s*@t creak even if they do make the prem - it's like Portsmouth all over again and they aren't even there yet.

I pray they don't win, I would never pay tax again in this country if they are not brought to justice, I would steal everything I see, I would no longer play by the rules, i swear this.

Calm down m'lad. There are far more striking injustices in this country than that.

Don't get me writing a list.

Just spoke to the HMRC ombudsman, blame the high court basiclly for being weak and blame the HRC lawyers too for asking for the ajournment.

Advised to register a complaint to the HMRC and also, more importantly to my MP and the FA and the new sports minister when we get one.

If we dont register our disgust then it will continue.

If they think this kind of behavior is acceptable then they are mistaken.

Just spoke to the HMRC ombudsman, blame the high court basiclly for being weak and blame the HRC lawyers too for asking for the ajournment.

Advised to register a complaint to the HMRC and also, more importantly to my MP and the FA and the new sports minister when we get one.

If we dont register our disgust then it will continue.

If they think this kind of behavior is acceptable then they are mistaken.

Good for you. :clapping: I intend to follow your example. Perhaps this calls for an organised campaign from fans of well managed clubs against any club that gains an unfair advantage in this way.

While we're at it perhaps we should all stop paying our mortgages and loans back on the grounds that we have bailed out the banks so we are going to recover the money they owe us. Otherwise we have in effect a leveraged buyout of the UK by the City of London where we give them shed loads of money to rescue them from their greed and incompetence then have to pay it back ourselves through cuts and tax increases. Are the Glazers running the economy now?

Yes, I'm having a bad day too!

Archived