IGNORED

England Squad

Riaz

Just announced:

Goalkeepers: David James (Man City), Paul Robinson (Tottenham), Ian Walker (Leicester)

Defenders: Gary Neville (Man Utd), Phil Neville (Man Utd), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Sol Campbell (Arsenal), John Terry (Chelsea), Ledley King (Tottenham), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool).

Midfielders: David Beckham (Real Madrid), Paul Scholes (Man Utd), Nicky Butt (Man Utd), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle), Joe Cole (Chelsea)

Strikers: Michael Owen (Liverpool), Emile Heskey (Liverpool), Darius Vassell (Aston Villa), Wayne Rooney (Everton).

Standby: Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Richard Wright (Everton), Matthew Upson (Birmingham), Gareth Southgate (Middlesbrough), Scott Parker (Chelsea), Alan Smith (Leeds).

I say good squad but how do you pick vassell before both Defoe and Alan Smith??

Terrible.Absolutely terrible.Hardly surprising from a manager that doesnt know how to change things.

Goalkeepers : No problem there as we aren't "overly-blessed" with top keepers at the moment.

Defence : Phil Neville.....Why ????

Midfield : Cant remember when Scholes played well for England.Butt's hardly been

seen all season.Dyer ? Again why ? If taking Southgate is a risk so is

taking Dyer !

Forwards : Heskey..4 goals in 40 games.Vassall...i'll give him the benefit of the

doubt because he often plays well for England

Missing ?

One obvious player is Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Defenders are poo scared of him and the past few months he's been brilliant in a team of "underachievers"

Jermaine Defoe...Knows where the goal is and prepared to take anyone on.

Jamie Carragher...Played brilliantly for Liverpool the past few months.

I'm sorry.I hope I'm wrong in damning Sven's selection but I'm afraid I'm not holding much hope of success in these finals

Unlike the last World Cup where I really got into the tournament (made a bit easier because I had just finished exams and was on holiday for the majority of it) I really am not excited about this one.

Obviously I'll be supporting the team, but I think we have no chance of winning. I would love to be proved wrong, but can anybody really believe that we can at the moment?

So when people are asking me about team selections etc., I can never be bothered to reply :D (though I will say... Heskey... why oh why?)

i cant believe hes picked king over upson,kings only played one game i think and has been playing in a absolutely crap spurs team fot the last few years. upsons hardly put a foot wrong all season and is more experienced at international level??? cant beleve vassel got in either ahead of defoe. terrible squad if you ask me,il be amazed if we get to the quarter finals.

Guest Royal4ever

What the hell is Scott Parker doing on standby? Him and Steven Gerrard are our best players. I really rate Parker :D

I also think the Neville brothers are a joke. You'd be better off with Murty and Carey :D

Archived