IGNORED

Illegal Betting

A couple of months ago, I watched the start of a FA cup replay, I think it may have involved Portsmouth (that's how interested I was) and direct from the kick off the ball was kicked directly into touch, I remember thinking at the time, I hope that get's investigated, Guess what the commentators never made any mention of it and nothing else was said. The incident was not an accident the ball did'nt just go into touch it was almost certainly deliberate the ball ended up 5 or 6 rows into the crowd.

Now unless this is a deliberate tactic that is'nt in the coaching manuals, There can only be one other reason for it and that is illegal betting and it does beg the question what else would players do for betting syndicates. Really any player who kicks the ball accidently into the crowd should'nt be a professional footballer, I know it's virtually impossible to prove, But needs at least to be looked at.

A couple of months ago, I watched the start of a FA cup replay, I think it may have involved Portsmouth (that's how interested I was) and direct from the kick off the ball was kicked directly into touch, I remember thinking at the time, I hope that get's investigated, Guess what the commentators never made any mention of it and nothing else was said. The incident was not an accident the ball did'nt just go into touch it was almost certainly deliberate the ball ended up 5 or 6 rows into the crowd.

Now unless this is a deliberate tactic that is'nt in the coaching manuals, There can only be one other reason for it and that is illegal betting and it does beg the question what else would players do for betting syndicates. Really any player who kicks the ball accidently into the crowd should'nt be a professional footballer, I know it's virtually impossible to prove, But needs at least to be looked at.

Esmond, people in gas houses etc. ect!

:0)

Le tissier (pretty sure) done it for a bet, its in his book - after it was highlighted i would be surprised if someone else tried it to be honest (although most are pretty stupid).

so no one is accused? no one is being investigated?

sorry to be rude, but this thread seems a little pointless??

City used to hoof it into touch, Straight from the kick off all the time during the late 90's. Used to drive me insane, play it back to Tinman then he would spray a ball to either wing straight into touch. I would have made a killing nowadays.

Actually I remember City using a similar kick off routine virtually throughout all of the 76-80 first division days, I seem to remember it might have worked once when Geert Meyer scored an early goal on his debut (and did knack all else in his stay with us).

and did'nt Rennie used to put the ball out more often than not from the kick off.

The kick off on TV was the guy who took it putting it straight out.

Actually it's probably the first time in a long time that you haven't been rude, That's your usual response.

So because nobody is accused and nobody is being investigated it dosen't happen?.

Probabaly does happen. But as I was reading your post I was expecting something along the lines of 'x knocked the ball out of play staright from kick off and there was suspicious betting patterns'

When it did'nt end like that I was a little confused.... never mind

Probabaly does happen. But as I was reading your post I was expecting something along the lines of 'x knocked the ball out of play staright from kick off and there was suspicious betting patterns'

When it did'nt end like that I was a little confused.... never mind

I supposed it must be the old timers disease kicking in.

I can't actually remember who it was, I think it may been an FA cup replay possibly involving Portsmouth. The whistle went and the guy just kicked it straight out and my missus who is not a real footy fan (but is a good BS3 girl) said 'that was'nt very good' and I explained to her what had just happend and then said 'OK, if the game is going to be like this, turn the tv over and watch Coronation Street, i'll take the dogs out'.

I suppose I was hoping somebody had seen it. it was that deliberate.

Actually I remember City using a similar kick off routine virtually throughout all of the 76-80 first division days, I seem to remember it might have worked once when Geert Meyer scored an early goal on his debut (and did knack all else in his stay with us).

and did'nt Rennie used to put the ball out more often than not from the kick off.

The kick off on TV was the guy who took it putting it straight out.

Tommy Doc did it for us at least once also. Can't remember the specific games, but City along with plenty of others at that time where cashing in on a bit of a loophole.

It was being spoken about pretty freely by the players and their mates.

This is ghay actually, so If I ask Maynard to score a goal in the first half, and he does, we are both corrupt? No wait.., Oh yeah, I guess I would have to pay him or something?

I guess a kid shouting "Cmon Nicky, Score a goal" aint gonna get arrested then, shame..

My jacket please.

Archived