IGNORED

I Cant Believe Someone Has Posted This

Riaz

Whilst this may not be the best place to post such a question, I would have to agree with the sentiment.

There are 2 schools of thought when it comes to pens.

1. You can not recreate the pressure, so dont practice (Hoddle 1998)

2. The more I practice, the luckier i become. (Br 1stol 2004)

Try telling Jonny Wilkinson that pratcie is a waste of time...

I share the concern that City must practice....

So why not ask the question?

Guest BCFC_DEANO
I dont see much wrong in posting that. I bet the kid is worried and wants reassurance. Leave off him.
exactly. Don't see any problem with this post.

Hardly telling anyone how to do their job, hes just asking for reassurance because he wants to know whats happening at the club.

At risk of showing off it has been scientifically proven that practice improves any activity - from tying your shoelaces to driving a car. Footballers practice every other kind of set piece so why not penalties ? Obvioulsy you can't recreate the pressure but practice improves ability and ability improves confidence, which helps you deal with pressure. Some players just aren't up for it in which case its counter productive asking them to take pens but for the five that might they should practice.

I wasnt debating should the players be practicising.

I just think its stupid that a fan of the club should be contacting the chairman to make sure the players are practising penalties. There are too many silly questions like that on there, telling them how to do their jobs, instead of asking genuine questions, for which it was intended.

There are going to be hundreds of players released from their clubs this summer and if they all get posted to the ask SteveL forum (WE SOULD SIGN THEM) I would'nt be surprised if Steve Lansdown got annoyed and decided not to let us have direct contact through the forum.

Were lucky and its a privilage we should'nt abuse

I wasnt debating should the players be practicising.

I just think its stupid that a fan of the club should be contacting the chairman to make sure the players are practising penalties. There are too many silly questions like that on there, telling them how to do their jobs, instead of asking genuine questions, for which it was intended.

There are going to be hundreds of players released from their clubs this summer and if they all get posted to the ask SteveL forum (WE SOULD SIGN THEM) I would'nt be surprised if Steve Lansdown got annoyed and decided not to let us have direct contact through the forum.

Were lucky and its a privilage we should'nt abuse

I totally agree mate - we should not be telling anyway at the club how to do their job - I doubt the question will be answered. Apologies for going slightly off subject.

It is not a stupid question at all for the chairman to be asked!!!! Not least as I asked the same last week.

The reason is simple; many teams do not practice penalties regularly. A fairy recent example was Terry Venables euro 96 were the Germans had practiced every day the full routine (standing in the centre circle, walking to the ball, shooting and walking back. England had not! They won, we lost enough said.

Recently Birmingham and many over sides have taken to practicing in this full blown method, but even more surprising is that many do not (mainly those teams manages by old school English managers)..

The only stupid thing to do here is to ASSUME that our coaching staff has automatically done this!

As it happened Steve L did response with a positive response.

It is not a stupid question at all for the chairman to be asked!!!! Not least as I asked the same last week.

The reason is simple; many teams do not practice penalties regularly. A fairy recent example was Terry Venables euro 96 were the Germans had practiced every day the full routine (standing in the centre circle, walking to the ball, shooting and walking back. England had not! They won, we lost enough said.

Recently Birmingham and many over sides have taken to practicing in this full blown method, but even more surprising is that many do not (mainly those teams manages by old school English managers)..

The only stupid thing to do here is to ASSUME that our coaching staff has automatically done this!

As it happened Steve L did response with a positive response.

So, what qualifications do you have which qualifys you to tell the coaching staff what to do?

do you work? if so, how would you like people telling you what to do in your job by someone who hasnt the first clue about what you do. I'm sure the coaching staff will know what there doing.

I remember you posting similar critisism towards a post I put on there asking about seat allocation for a singers block. This has now become a big talking point of the forum and generated huge interest.

Do you just pick on others or are you capable of producing reasoned debate yourself as well?

So, what qualifications do you have which qualifys you to tell the coaching staff what to do?

do you work? if so, how would you like people telling you what to do in your job by someone who hasnt the first clue about what you do. I'm sure the coaching staff will know what there doing.

Correction - here here to this

I remember you posting similar critisism towards a post I put on there asking about seat allocation for a singers block. This has now become a big talking point of the forum and generated huge interest.

Do you just pick on others or are you capable of producing reasoned debate yourself as well?

no it just seems to me that every silly little idea gets suggested and every decent player gets recommended and If I was Steve Lansdown I would eventually get very annoyed with all the silly questions. I appreciate that It may seem I'm 'picking on people' but I think maybe we should use common sense before posting certain things.

no it just seems to me that every silly little idea gets suggested and every decent player gets recommended and If I was Steve Lansdown I would eventually get very annoyed with all the silly questions. I appreciate that It may seem I'm 'picking on people' but I think maybe we should use common sense before posting certain things.
No, I do agree.

On the other hand, with the number of people using the forum, it's inevitable you get the odd plonker, isn't it?

Archived