IGNORED

Mackie To City?

MATT BCFC

Sorry if this has already been posted. I'm currently in Plymouth and quite a few people I've spoke to here seem to think we are going to sign Jamie Mackie for around 400k. Can't say I know an awful lot about him but apparently Derby bidded over a million for him in jan. Had a quick look on wikipedia and his goalscoring record isn't great for a striker and he's not a big lad either.

Sorry if this has already been posted. I'm currently in Plymouth and quite a few people I've spoke to here seem to think we are going to sign Jamie Mackie for around 400k. Can't say I know an awful lot about him but apparently Derby bidded over a million for him in jan. Had a quick look on wikipedia and his goalscoring record isn't great for a striker and he's not a big lad either.

Hope not. His goal scoring record according to Wiki isn't exactly impressive!

37 goals in 210 apps. Isn't that 1 goal every 6 games roughly? It isn't jaw-droppingly good IMO.

Plymouth fans don't seem to rate him much.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?t=43067

To me, he sounds like another danny haynes, has great pace and runs at defenders but they say he isnt a proven striker because he cant finish, so to me i think this is a wrong move if true. we need someone who knows where the net is, we dont really need pace, we have that already.

maynard

haynes

JCR

sproule

God I hope so. Been more than impressed everytime he has played against us. Scored a brilliant goal last season at the gate. Always thought he had good delivery and could be converted into a right winger.

With the right players around him could be a very very good player for this club.

I have been wanting for us to go for him for a couple of years.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when we played them away swear he played more of an attcking mid than an out and out striker?

Yeah i think he did, and if we did sign him i would play him there or on the wing because he isnt a striker, BTW is jamie mackie the player who scored that 35-40 yarder into the top corner at home park about 2 seasons ago?

Yeah i think he did, and if we did sign him i would play him there or on the wing because he isnt a striker, BTW is jamie mackie the player who scored that 35-40 yarder into the top corner at home park about 2 seasons ago?

I believe so!

So if we were to play him as a midfielder his goalscoring record is pretty good 7 from midfield for a crap side is good! We def need a goal scoring attacking mid imo!

Yes defo agree with that, none of are midfield score enough for example skuse never shoots,elliot doesnt either and hartley only scores from pens or free kicks, we have relied on maynard far too much this season so i feel we do need one.

we do need an attacking midfielder but i'm sure coppello could attract one of a higher standard... no offence to the guy but still

darren ambrose

charlie adam

james harper

george boyd

jordi gomez

james coppinger

anderson de silva

chris lines

matt oakley

Gary McSheffrey

Nick Bailey

Any of them????

He scored a cracker at AG this season, too.

Still wouldn't want him, though, he's a 9 goal a season player and we already have one of those in Danny Haynes.

If only Danny did get nine last season !

Think Mackie would be a good signing, likes to get stuck in from what I've seen of him at AG plus. Think he's the type of player who'd help improve our away performances up front.

darren ambrose

charlie adam

james harper

george boyd

jordi gomez

james coppinger

anderson de silva

chris lines

matt oakley

Gary McSheffrey

Nick Bailey

Any of them????

Jordi Gomez would be amazing but i cant see us getting him, charlie adam is a good goalscoring midfielder but dont think we would get him either. Any of those could do the job imo.

If only Danny did get nine last season !

Think Mackie would be a good signing, likes to get stuck in from what I've seen of him at AG plus. Think he's the type of player who'd help improve our away performances up front.

Danny got 7 last season, Mackie got 8 (in 42 starts) that's not enough to justify the expenditure, imo.

Archived