IGNORED

Ok. Now There Takin The Mick.

_Bristol-City_

8-0 is just silly. Wigan aren't a bad side at all.

There is a simple way to stop this disparity, bring in the German rule that says all clubs must make a profit.

No more over-spending because of rich or incompetent owners, you live within the income you make from ticket sales and TV income.

Problem solved.

How many times have Wigan been humiliated this season!?!!

Bit of an oversimplification IMO. Yes they have been hammered on a number of occasions but they have also pulled some very good results out of the bag. i.e. 3-1 v Chelsea, 2-0 win at Villa, 1-0 v Liverpool and 3-2 v Arsenal. Pretty sure they were the first side to win at Burnley too.

In short, they are wildly inconsistent.

Apart from Newcastle and West Brom, who have recently saw the power of the prem teams, the other team that goes up must be very scared of a similar humiliation

How so?.

BCAGFC

Rather than building a side with a reasonable budget, a russian man came in and literally gave Chelsea unlimited money to spend. I would love to see how much they have spent since Abromivich came in.

Chelsea deserve nothing and in the last few years have picked up alot of prawn sandwiches on the way.

Rather than building a side with a reasonable budget, a russian man came in and literally gave Chelsea unlimited money to spend. I would love to see how much they have spent since Abromivich came in.

Chelsea deserve nothing and in the last few years have picked up alot of prawn sandwiches on the way.

They play some bloody nice football though you cannot begrudge them that! Chelsea deserve everything they have achieved. Just because they have spent money doesnt mean they have cheated. It proves that to be succesfull in the Prem and challenge for honours you have to spend money. Look at Man City, spent loads of money challenging for Champs League, after being an average mid table team for years. Tottenham, god knows how much money they have spent in the last 5-6 years and its finally paid off.

Would you really have the same attitude if a multi billionaire came along and pumped hundreds of millions into City? I dont think i would have a problem with it

There is a simple way to stop this disparity, bring in the German rule that says all clubs must make a profit.

No more over-spending because of rich or incompetent owners, you live within the income you make from ticket sales and TV income.

Problem solved.

Not in the championship I hope, otherwise SL's money will be long gone and possibly him with it.

8-0 is just silly. Wigan aren't a bad side at all.

Problem solved.

I have never heard of this, how does it work? what happens if you do spend over you income?

This rule would also make us a less than mid table championship team with no real possibility of progressing.

I have never heard of this, how does it work? what happens if you do spend over you income?

This rule would also make us a less than mid table championship team with no real possibility of progressing.

I believe that in Germany, the vast majority of clubs have what is known as the 50% + 1 rule. Thereby fans own 51% of the club. If debt is exceeded over a certain percentage of turnover than a License can be refused. Actually, there's an interesting article on it here.

http://www.u.tv/Sport/How-the-Bundesliga-puts-the-Premier-League-to-shame/3a41c2b1-0b2d-4018-a63a-fde1a57f4aef

As for your 2nd point- quite possibly, though the Bundesliga does have a less predictable title race/CL entrants than here so it's not the easiest to call I think.

They play some bloody nice football though you cannot begrudge them that! Chelsea deserve everything they have achieved. Just because they have spent money doesnt mean they have cheated. It proves that to be succesfull in the Prem and challenge for honours you have to spend money. Look at Man City, spent loads of money challenging for Champs League, after being an average mid table team for years. Tottenham, god knows how much money they have spent in the last 5-6 years and its finally paid off.

Would you really have the same attitude if a multi billionaire came along and pumped hundreds of millions into City? I dont think i would have a problem with it

I will not begrudge them how the play on the pitch. But there is a reason for that, due to the money been thrown everywhere! They do not deserve anything and have not earnt respect from anyone! Yes you do need money to be successfull, but there is a differencee between earning the money in order to be a success and just throwing it about like it grows on trees. Man City are just as bad. And also what a load of rubbish about Tottenham. Yes they have spent money but no way near in the same as Man C and Chelsea, and in my opinion there only in the top 4 because of how well Redknapp has done as manager. Without him Im sure they would still be looking to qualify for the uefa cup spot.

And on the lines of City, it would be great yes, but imagine how many prawn cocktails we would pick up on the way. I would gladly have our 14k gate who are City fans rather than a 30,000 gate who just come for the day and bring a pack lunch!

I think you might be surprised at how much ManUre & Liverpool have spent in the last few years since Abramovich took over at Chelski, the figures aren't much different.

ManUre used to be able to snap up all the best youth players in the country, abusing the rules along the way, until the rules were changed to protect clubs.

One such rule was that a youth player had to live within 2 hours travelling of the youth set-up (think that rule is still in place), so ManUre 'flew' one of their youth players to training 3 days a week.

That was when ManUre had cash of course.......

BCAGFC

And also what a load of rubbish about Tottenham. Yes they have spent money but no way near in the same as Man C and Chelsea, and in my opinion there only in the top 4 because of how well Redknapp has done as manager. Without him Im sure they would still be looking to qualify for the uefa cup spot.

Tottenham have spent £70 million on players in the last 18 months. In the same amount of time Chelsea have only spent around £20 million

Tottenham have spent £70 million on players in the last 18 months. In the same amount of time Chelsea have only spent around £20 million

Did not know Spurs have spent 70million, I apologise for that and that is a ridiculous sum. But im not on about the last 18 months im on about since Abromivich took over control of Chelsea. His net profit must be at a loss surely.

Did not know Spurs have spent 70million, I apologise for that and that is a ridiculous sum. But im not on about the last 18 months im on about since Abromivich took over control of Chelsea. His net profit must be at a loss surely.

Spurs have made a net profit of around £30 million, it was announced last week.

Archived