IGNORED

Leon Clarke

Southport Red

Sky Sports says we are interested in SWFC's Leon Clarke.

I must say I don't know anything about this guy. Does anyone know anything about him? Do you rate him etc?

Forget the duff link. Here's the story

Leon Clarke looks set for a quick-fire return to the Championship, skysports.com understands.

The striker is out of contract in the summer and now he is considering his options following Sheffield Wednesday'sspacer.gif relegation at the weekend.

Clarkespacer.gif scored and then injured himself in last Sunday's make-or-break clash with Crystal Palace, which saw Wednesday relegated to League One.

Now Clarke could be heading out of Hillsborough with a number of clubs chasing the 25-year-old former Wolves striker.

Bristol Cityspacer.gif and newly promoted Norwich are among those interested in Clarke, who joined the Owls three-and-a-half years ago.

Cardiff and Charlton have also been linked, but neither are likely to make any transfer decisions until they know which division they are in next year.

I must say I don't know anything about this guy. Does anyone know anything about him? Do you rate him etc?

Leon Clarke looks set for a quick-fire return to the Championship, skysports.com understands.

The striker is out of contract in the summer and now he is considering his options following Sheffield Wednesday'sspacer.gif relegation at the weekend.

Clarkespacer.gif scored and then injured himself in last Sunday's make-or-break clash with Crystal Palace, which saw Wednesday relegated to League One.

Now Clarke could be heading out of Hillsborough with a number of clubs chasing the 25-year-old former Wolves striker.

Bristol Cityspacer.gif and newly promoted Norwich are among those interested in Clarke, who joined the Owls three-and-a-half years ago.

Cardiff and Charlton have also been linked, but neither are likely to make any transfer decisions until they know which division they are in next year.

Looking at the Wednesday forum they can't wait to get shot of him. Hardly set the championship alight.

Just my opinion but i think he is crap. Seems to be carrying a lot of weight and lacks any pace. Only plus is that he seems to be strong on the ball and has a decent shot but you need more than that at this level.

I think Coppell wil be looking at players of a higher ability to be honest.

Most rumours at this time of year are just planted by agents with whatever tame hack they happen to know. I cannot exaggerate how much I hope that is true in this case because my SW supporting mate, a normally mild-mannered and fair-minded man, becomes almost homicidal at the mention of this bloke's name. Because of this I have kept a close eye on Clarke in matches against us and have come to share his opinion that he is a complete and utter anagram of carp.

I can only say from what I have seen live, which off recollection was his substitute appearance for Wednesday earlier this season at Ashton Gate. He was a useful substitute, was dangerous on the ball and a handfull with his strength which if I remember rightly, culminated in a change of emphasis for Wednesday and Varney's equalising goal. Maybe he would not be everyone's first choice, but from that performance maybe he is worth a punt on a free? I guess it depends on if Steve Coppell rates John Akinde as a first teamer or not?

Archived