IGNORED

Tommy Oar

Guest Parson St Station

Guest Parson St Station

Is an 18 yr old Australian attacking midfielder who will be an enormous talent very soon. Is in the Australian world cup squad, and was picked way ahead of a certain Mr Carle.

This kid is already CCC class and is the "unknown gem" people are talking about.

And don't give me BS about "Fifa 2010" etc. I work alternately between Australia and England so have actually seen him play.

His potential is immense and he has joined FC Utrecht on a 5 year deal (along with two other australian players) for a fee of 1.8 million Australian dollars (thats for all 3 players in total)

Get him now Steve. He will impress the world in the World Cup.

He has played 26 times for Australia U21's and is now a full international. The press are already calling him the 'new Harry Kewell'

Could be an amazing player for us - buy him!!

Is an 18 yr old Australian attacking midfielder who will be an enormous talent very soon. Is in the Australian world cup squad, and was picked way ahead of a certain Mr Carle.

This kid is already CCC class and is the "unknown gem" people are talking about.

And don't give me BS about "Fifa 2010" etc. I work alternately between Australia and England so have actually seen him play.

His potential is immense and he has joined FC Utrecht on a 5 year deal (along with two other australian players) for a fee of 1.8 million Australian dollars (thats for all 3 players in total)

He has played 26 times for Australia U21's and is now a full international. The press are already calling him the 'new Harry Kewell'

Correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure you have just stated he has just signed a 5 year contract with FC Utrecht, so why whould he join us?

Well he is not an unknown gem now is he - you have just shouted it out loud on a public forum.

Before signing for FC Utrecht, Tommy Oar played for my local side out here in Oz, so I have had the chance to watch him for the best part of two seasons. His rise to the national team is a remarkable one, given that two years ago he was playing in the local Brisbane Leagues which, with all due respect is, not that much better than park football played infront a few 100 people.

Last season in particuar, he turned out to be a real young talent able to run at pace with the ball, take on defenders, and more importantly beat them.

However as you point out; along with two other promising young Aussie's from Brisbane - Michael Zullo and Adam Sarota he has just signed a long term deal and has yet to even play for the club, so even if the club wanted him I doubt he would be availabe.

As a point of note though, all three players where reportedly picked up for around AUS$1.8 - $2m (GBP1.2m) and for that money they have picked up what many believe could be the next Harry Kewell and who could well be the rising star in what is probably going to be a tough world cup for the Australians; (the other two lads aren't too shaby either)

Australian football is simular to the English game; in that it remains physical and with the League being very new players don't earn huge wages or command massive transfers meaning that English clubs could do a lot worse than keep an eye out for whats going on out here.

Guest Parson St Station

He signed a 5 year contract a few weeks ago and you want us to buy him?

Err...Yes. Contracts are just pieces of paper nowadays. You want a player.Offer a good deal.

Maynard is in contract.Do you think BCFC will turn down 10 mil?

My point was that he has not played for Utrecht as yet so they may be happy to turn over a quick profit.

He is much better suited to the English game than the Dutch one. Sno anyone?

Splash the cash.This kid is the real deal.

I will bump this up after the world cup. See then why SL should sign this kid.

Guest Parson St Station

Well he is not an unknown gem now is he - you have just shouted it out loud on a public forum.

Sorry, didn't know that Premier league clubs scouts read this forum........ :mf_sleep:

I can't believe what I'm reading. I live a stones throw from the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane ( Brisbane Roar's home) and I never saw what all the fuss was about with Tommy Oar. He was a cut above the other players over here, but that's not hard.

The standard of play in Australia is awful. A league that boasts Danny Allsop and Eugine Daddy as star strikers has a long way to go before any comparison to English football is made.

Having watched the Roar over the last few seasons, I fail to see how any of their players can be recommended as potential City signings.

Christ, a full strength Roar team were beaten easily by a second string Celtic last July.

If TO was that good he would have been snapped up by a bigger club.

Only my opinion, but I have seen him play dozens of times.

I can't believe what I'm reading. I live a stones throw from the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane ( Brisbane Roar's home) and I never saw what all the fuss was about with Tommy Oar. He was a cut above the other players over here, but that's not hard.

The standard of play in Australia is awful. A league that boasts Danny Allsop and Eugine Daddy as star strikers has a long way to go before any comparison to English football is made.

Having watched the Roar over the last few seasons, I fail to see how any of their players can be recommended as potential City signings.

Christ, a full strength Roar team were beaten easily by a second string Celtic last July.

If TO was that good he would have been snapped up by a bigger club.

Only my opinion, but I have seen him play dozens of times.

I agree, i have seen nothing in the Roar side in the last couple of years that would be a good CCC aquisition. He like a couple of others stood out for Brisbane as the rest of the side was looking so crap. I think he would get the hell knocked out of him at CCC. A big no from me.

5 years in Brisbane; and never met a City Fan.

1 thread about an Aussie player and it turns out there are a quite a few of us !!!!

While I agree that the standard over here is pretty o'rrible, that doesn't mean that there aren't a few rough diamonds to be had. Tommy Oar is only 18, and at this stage is very much work in Progress, and far from the finished article which is why he was picked up for lose change; but I wouldn't be suprised if in a few years he was sold on again for a huge profit.

5 years in Brisbane; and never met a City Fan.

1 thread about an Aussie player and it turns out there are a quite a few of us !!!!

While I agree that the standard over here is pretty o'rrible, that doesn't mean that there aren't a few rough diamonds to be had. Tommy Oar is only 18, and at this stage is very much work in Progress, and far from the finished article which is why he was picked up for lose change; but I wouldn't be suprised if in a few years he was sold on again for a huge profit.

At the moment he is just a prospect with potential, but that is it and i think he has a fair bit of development left yet tho. Really isnt what we need at City at the moment. There r a few City fans in Brisbane, have met a few but not many. Have just moved to the Sunshine Coast ( 3 odd months ago) to open a restaurant and have had quite a few Bristolians come thru the place. They r here, a number of us have made the move over here..:laugh:. for quite some time i thought my dad and i were the only 2 in Brisbane.

He's an Oar, he's an Oar ... could get a bit confusing with Bradders and him both around!

Archived