IGNORED

Initial 30 Man Squad

Whites

Gk- James, Green, Hart.

Def- A.Cole, baines, Dawson, King, Terry, CArragher, Ferdinand, Johnson, upson, warnock,

Mid- J.Cole, Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Carrick, Huddlestone, Parker, Walcott, Lennon, Wright-Phillips, A.Johnson, Milner.

Att- Defoe, Bent, Crouch, Rooney, Heskey.

Dont think its fair on players missing out that Carragher is in.

Players like Jagielka - have every right to feel aggrieved.

Carragher does not make himself available in the qualifiers 'because he prefers playing for liverpool'

but now they are doing shit - he decides england are now good enough for him - just in time for the world cup surprisingly enough.

If it was up to me I'd say **** him - I'd say the same to Scholes if he wanted to come back - giving up because there clubs are more important... **** off. England are bigger than Man Utd and Liverpool in my book.

Dunno what Zamora has to do to even be included in the 30 man provisional... rather take him than Bent... no.gif

you say that, but both have been in fine goalscoring form this season.... Zomora is unlucky though.

you say that, but both have been in fine goalscoring form this season.... Zomora is unlucky though.

Bent is too similar to Defoe though

just my opinions:

Rooney - 1st choice (no doubt)

Crouch - head on a stick (good for last 20mins sub)

Heskey - works in the current team (doesn't interfere with Rooney)

Defoe - similar to Rooney (could provide cover if rooney gets tired)

Bent - similar to Defoe (would only really play final group game/get dropped)

Zamora - similar to Heskey and has form (apart from injury)

which starts the whole heskey debate again who has only scored 3 goals this season

Heskey playing up top leaves rooney to create havoc - Heskey does the donkey work and Rooney does this business.... Heskey creates so much for his strike partners.

Our two great performances in recent history - Croatia & Germany (4-1 & 5-1) - Heskey was a key part of both teams...

nuff said.

Gk- James, Green, Hart.

Def- A.Cole, baines, Dawson, King, Terry, CArragher, Ferdinand, Johnson, upson, warnock,

Mid- J.Cole, Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Carrick, Huddlestone, Parker, Walcott, Lennon, Wright-Phillips, A.Johnson, Milner.

So from that I would take..

Gk- James, Green, Hart.

Def- A.Cole, Baines, Dawson, King, Terry, Carragher, Ferdinand, Johnson, Upson, Warnock,

Heskey playing up top leaves rooney to create havoc - Heskey does the donkey work and Rooney does this business.... Heskey creates so much for his strike partners.

Our two great performances in recent history - Croatia & Germany (4-1 & 5-1) - Heskey was a key part of both teams...

nuff said.

so in 57 caps, we've played well twice in those games.

Brilliant.

and the other 55???

Look, Heskey fits in will to the England side, as proven when he was brought back in - It's no secret that England started to look a better side, even though the selection raised eyebrows at the time.

As far as Carragher's inclusion goes, it was the natural choice. Although he's not been great for Liverpool this season, he's been there and done it. What's Jagielka done? Did he play in that rubbish friendly in Dubai?

I'm suprised to see Johnson included, is Ashley Young injured?

so you would rather have carra?? a man who said he is more worried about missing a penalty for liverpool than he would be about missing one for england whatever happend to the pride of playing for your country????. and you just said it yourself he hasnt had a great season for liverpool so much for capello picking the in form players that start reguarly, alot more defenders in the premier leauge that can provide much better cover in my opinion.

So from that I would take..

Gk- James, Green, Hart.

Def- A.Cole, Baines, Dawson, King, Terry, Carragher, Ferdinand, Johnson, Upson, Warnock,

Great minds and all that Tom....that's the same 23 I'd be picking.

So by that basis you'd rather Gerrard didn't go?

you dont think gerrard is in form? name another liverpool player that is? somebody must be playing well or they wouldnt of finished where they did in the leauge only gerrard and torres ( when he plays) and there keeper are. and besides gerrard still seems to have pride in pulling on the england shirt,

if he wasnt in form for a whole season as carragher was then i would definetly say take a different midfielder, we wont win the world cup just using big named players.

Archived