IGNORED

Rovers Bin Lennie!

EmersonsKev

bristol rovers news

Lennie sacked by Gas. Maybe the mumbles and whispers of cut backs and funding shortages are true. League 2 is calling again.

I would think it is more to do with Trollope wanting more powers, it says he is going to have an assistant which might be cheaper but it also puts him in charge.

> rational opinion alert <

to be fair, rovers were surely always intending to have lawrence show trollope the ropes. now he has been doing the job for a few seasons, he has the experience to do it himself. we probably should have done the same thing with tinnion.

rovers, like basically all clubs are having to tighten their belts and honestly it is better for the game if they do this than do a hull, cardiff or portsmouth and spend money they can't afford. not all clubs have a steve lansdown. respect them or loathe them, no one wants to see a club go out of business and i personally would rather see a young bristolian supporting the gas (as alien as the idea is) than liverpool or man united etc. if this is what they have to do to keep themselves going financially then fair play - i begrduge cardiff far more for cheating the system than being honest and making cuts.

Archived