IGNORED

Maynard.. Staying Or Going?

Spike

I'm not worried. :)

If he stays we will see a good striker score allot more goals. :dancing6:

If he goes then he will be sold for more than he is worth and we will make a huge profit. Lansdown and Coppell are not going to let a settled quality player leave without making a HUGE profit. :dancing6:

We win no matter what :dancing6: :dancing6:

I wouldn't worry about Bolton or Fulham but I may start getting concerned if Spurs start nosing around Nicky. They are the one side outside the big 5 (as you have to include Man City now) that could really tempt him and they have a great record of buying from the championship and turning them into prem class players. I'm hoping Nicky has his sights set higher and will stick with us to learn his tradefingerscrossed.gif

Nonsense.

I'd expect Maynard to join any Premier League club if they had a bid accepted, be it Bolton, Fulham or whoever. I think we'll be safe from a club gambling on him for now, but Madger called it right that January could get interesting if he's in decent form.

Those quotes came from his Radio Bristol interview this morning where he went on to say that he believes Prem clubs view Nicky as a "work in progress" and feel that Bristol City is the best place for him right now anyway.

The more dangerous time I would say is around January transfer windows when managers under the threat of relegation make panic offers to whatever striker is in good form at the time.

that was exactly what i thought. he's just the type of signing (if his form continues into next season) that a midtable prem team that had started badly and were in the bottom half at christmas would be looking for. lets hope we're top and running away with it eh?

Archived