IGNORED

Yeovil Winger Released

sephjnr

He only went to Yeovil to play, he could have stayed her and been better off.

legs have finally gone. Back to City Full time with the academy now I believe.

Will be up to Coppell and SM, I hope so, I hope there is room for him and he can work with SC at some level.

Will be up to Coppell and SM, I hope so, I hope there is room for him and he can work with SC at some level.

Only 10 starts for Yeovil

I think he is already working with the youth/acadamy 3 days a week at City, and has done throughout his stint at Yeovil.

If it's not about the money he should give Bath City a call - they've just won promotion to the Conference (with a very low wage budget) and would benefit from Scott's experience on a pay as you play/part time basis whilst working for the City Acadamy in the week.

CR

Scott Murray's record for us shows 426 appearances with 91 goals.

Add to that he is very popular with an affable outgoing personality.

Does this make him a coach ? Possibly or possibly not.

Plenty of long serving footballers cannot transfer their knowledge to other players. Scotty's ability was his own, you cant transfer that ability to players who dont have the initial talent and skill.

I would like to see Scotty obtain his coaching badges, show his ability to improve the performances of players he is coaching, then move on from there.

I disagree with the thought of lets bring him back because he was a good bloke. If he's going to be on a wage, lets have a workable objective for him. BCFC and Yeovil paid Scotty to do a job with his footballing ability. When that ability ran out Scotty was released. The same applies to coaching or managing. If he's good at either or both he can earn a good wage.

I hope he succeeds.

Dont know if its been mentioned on here or not but Scott Murray has been released by Yeovil. SL said last year that there was a job at City when Scott stops playing, anyone heard anything?.

http://www.ytfc.net/...2051588,00.html

i saw scott murray had been released on ssn this morning but was half asleep and didn't twig it was "our" scott murray.

have him back as a coach or summot, unless he still feels he can play for a year, if so, some club in lower leagues may snap him up.

Archived