IGNORED

Where Will England Finish?

Longacre_red

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Quarter finals out on penalty's. Obvious isn't it?

Going to stick my neck on the line. Winners :englandsmile4wf: With the exception of spain (who look half crocked) i dont see any other countrys with a better 23 than us. We have a great manager (best we have had since the late sir bobby), no wags this year = success.

Well I have to say winners - where is the fun in buying beer and getting geared up to support a team if you think they will not get out of the group stages, or past the quarters.... positive, positive, vibes peeps...... :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

I really find it amazing that people actually believe England can win the world cup. How? We have ONE top class player in Rooney. World cup winning teams are teams that keep the ball, England dont!!

Sadly I agree. Voted semi's but thats optimistic really and the run in up to there is fairly easy.

Im sorry portland bill but that is very pessimistic. I believe terry gerrars and lampard can be classed as "world class", granted gerratd hasnt had a great season but who has at liverpool??? This is the world cup they will b playing there hearts out! Also with the exception of spain who else has a better squad ten us?? Italy and france are useless and dont have many star studded players, and ok argentina have like 5 amazing strikers but they have maradona at the helm. They could fall at the first hurdle. Be positive!

Im sorry portland bill but that is very pessimistic. I believe terry gerrars and lampard can be classed as "world class", granted gerratd hasnt had a great season but who has at liverpool??? This is the world cup they will b playing there hearts out! Also with the exception of spain who else has a better squad ten us?? Italy and france are useless and dont have many star studded players, and ok argentina have like 5 amazing strikers but they have maradona at the helm. They could fall at the first hurdle. Be positive!

None of them 3 have ever been anywhere near world class for England do you really think thats gonna change this world cup?

Its not all about star studded players as well. Germany and Italy prove that most world cups they are effective hard to beat teams no real outstanding individuals but I wouldnt fancy England to beat either in a knock out world cup game!

have you seen how easy argentina's group is...?

None of them 3 have ever been anywhere near world class for England do you really think thats gonna change this world cup?

Its not all about star studded players as well. Germany and Italy prove that most world cups they are effective hard to beat teams no real outstanding individuals but I wouldnt fancy England to beat either in a knock out world cup game!

Yeah, and the rest of our squad isnt star studded is it? So why put us down?

Pessamistic it may be,its realistic though. I deal in realism, ive watched every world cup since 1970 and EVERY World cup we hear the same old stuff about England winning it.

Unfortunatley we havent got as good players as other nations and thats what it all comes down to in the end.

have you seen how easy argentina's group is...?

These world cup groups are so easy to predict arent they:whistle2: Of course its so easy for the Argies. They only have to play the European champions from 6 years ago, the world cup semi finalists from 8 years ago and probably on there day the best team in Africa:whistle2:. Sounds real easy does'nt it .

When was the last time England beat a top 8 side in a competitive match?

Argentina in WC 2002. That pretty much says it all.

I expect us to make the usual stumbly way to the QF's before going out on penalties or similar. I just don't believe we have the players/squad to do it- the only player who most of the top nations would want is Rooney and even he wouldn't get into Spain's team I don't reckon. We usually have good individuals but lack a good cohesive team. This team it seems to be the opposite- Cappello has moulded a good team but Gerrard is not the player he was, we don't have a solid back line and Heskey is still in the set-up.

Having said that, Greece once the Euro's in 2004 so you never know...

Archived