IGNORED

Rousing Songs

Red Rag

Just driving back from Exeter, cheesed off and not looking forward to the journey home.

So as company on goes the CD, Andrea Bocelli belting out Time to say Goodbye.

A real rousing song that lifts your spirits. I began to think how good it would be

if at the Gate we had a tune that was sung with such great passion, especialy just prior

to and during the teams entering the pitch. Quite what tune i have no idea, being a tone

deaf old git does not help. Anyway over to forum users to sugest posibilities, or

shoot me down in flames and remind me we have that old dirge Drink Up Thee Cider.

New stadium, new era, new song. PLEASE!

Cupid Shuffle, Macerana, Baby Got Back, Shake it like a salt shaker, Jump On It, It's hot in here, The Train, Raise up, Shake ya Tailfeather, Get Low, Walk it out, to much booty in the pants, 3-6-9.All up beat.Were be infamous.

Just driving back from Exeter, cheesed off and not looking forward to the journey home.

So as company on goes the CD, Andrea Bocelli belting out Time to say Goodbye.

A real rousing song that lifts your spirits. I began to think how good it would be

if at the Gate we had a tune that was sung with such great passion, especialy just prior

to and during the teams entering the pitch. Quite what tune i have no idea, being a tone

deaf old git does not help. Anyway over to forum users to sugest posibilities, or

shoot me down in flames and remind me we have that old dirge Drink Up Thee Cider.

New stadium, new era, new song. PLEASE!

I hear what you are saying and I agree that its great when a club has such a strong anthem that is sung just before kick off, Liverpool and "Youll never walk alone" is probably the best example. Nottingham Forest play "Mull of Kintyre" just before kick off and all the fans join in with that, Sheffield Wednesday have "Hi-Ho Silver Lining" etc.....

However, these have been played at these clubs for years and years and years and trying to introduce something new is very hard, especially something that will catch on easily. As you said, we do have "Drink up thy cider" but we generally dont tend to play that before kick off and more at the end of the games following a win rather than religiously before every match.

We are always open to suggestions and if someone came up with something that we thought could work then we would consider it for sure!

That's the one thing the club lacks is a power song it can make a small crowds sound great big crowds sound awesome ! Problem is what ?

Someone needs to do a poll gather suggestions then get the fans to pick one and get it printed up on paper and stuck on every seat at the first home game . Def would be no prob for club to allow it as it will be in there intrest plus on the reverse side you can stick sponsorship. Someone anyone fancy a crack?

Allow me to be the one to shoot the OP down in flames... Drink Up Thee Cider, old dirge?! What the hell are you talking about man? You'd rather have us singing some poncey opera shite than that?! Total madness. In order for us to 'have' a 'rousing' song we need to have people who are prepared to sing week in week out regardless of who we're playing and what the score is. Much like The Eastend. Until that happens we'll never have a proper anthem.

Rousing Songs Can We Have One Please?

No, we must be traditional.

You're not allowed new traditions, good ones where we replace crap like being the robins, the stupid badge and being bumpkins with the wurzels music.

Steve L hopefully and seems to be realizing that our embarrassing roots are holding us back. 21st century here we come!

I do agree Red Rag, I love the song you refer to, I've been to watch the Bellagio fountain display a few times which uses it, It is fantastic!

I have also seen the fountain display at the Bellagio and its awsome when done to Time to say Goodbye, I think thats the best display of them all!

BRAINWAVE!!!!! Perhaps we could do something similar using the sprinkler system at Ashton Gate - now THAT would be a first in halftime entertainment!!!

any song can be rousing if the acoustics - male voices - ability to sing after a few is there

I'm forever Blowing bubbles - how rousing is dorris day? West Ham Fans are famous for this 'rousing anthem'

Keep Right on to the end of the road - how rousing is Ina Miller? Birmingham City Fans are famous for this 'rousing anthem'

Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye - how rousing are bananarama? Many European big teams make it so the song is stirring

Daydream Believer - how rousing are the monkees? Local Derbies and Holloway encounters over the last 10-15 years have seen this one get the city fans singing together

It's not about the song it's about how much passion goes into singing it - A new song that invoked strong passion amoungst city fans would be great

If it lasted then one day (3 seasons of belting out an original perhaps 6 with a copied song) it would be synonymous with BCFC and then it becomes an anthem

any song can be rousing if the acoustics - male voices - ability to sing after a few is there

I'm forever Blowing bubbles - how rousing is dorris day? West Ham Fans are famous for this 'rousing anthem'

Keep Right on to the end of the road - how rousing is Ina Miller? Birmingham City Fans are famous for this 'rousing anthem'

Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye - how rousing are bananarama? Many European big teams make it so the song is stirring

Daydream Believer - how rousing are the monkees? Local Derbies and Holloway encounters over the last 10-15 years have seen this one get the city fans singing together

It's not about the song it's about how much passion goes into singing it - A new song that invoked strong passion amoungst city fans would be great

If it lasted then one day (3 seasons of belting out an original perhaps 6 with a copied song) it would be synonymous with BCFC and then it becomes an anthem

As much as i hate them gotta say when Stoke belted out Delilah at the old Wembley it was pretty impressive.Certainly put us to shame.

On another note when Chelsea were celebrating the Premier League did anyone else notice the songs they were playing 2tone ONE STEP BEYOND, BAGGY TROUSERS, etc great to create atmosphere.

Nessum Dorma - or as most people will know it as the Italia 90 theme.

Prefer this version.

Three tenors, recorded on the eve of the Italia 90 world cup final at Caracalla near Rome.

There's a moment where Pavarotti hits the first high E and Carreras' eyes nearly pop out

To stand out in such company was quite remarkable.

Prefer this version.

Three tenors, recorded on the eve of the Italia 90 world cup final at Caracalla near Rome.

There's a moment where Pavarotti hits the first high E and Carreras' eyes nearly pop out

To stand out in such company was quite remarkable.

meh, i sing like that in the shower. rolleyes.gif

Archived