IGNORED

Sorry To Go On About This But...

Percy Parrot

without getting into another part time fan/why people didn't go to H'pool debate- put it into perspective.

Palace take 2000 fans to Sunderland today. ALSO on Sky, probably more expensive, longer to travel, ALSO a night game, later kick off. And a club not THAT much bigger than us.

Hartlepool- will probably bring 1000 odd down on Wednesday- ALSO on Sky, may be a bigger game for them but that doesn't come into I don't think- it's actually more CRUCIAL for us to go up than them, a night game rather than weekend, later kick off, and a club that I expect (without checking average home gates) gets just over half of what we get each week.

Not in need of another part-time fan debate- as far as I'm concerned it's up to individuals to choose whether or not they go- BUT it is time we re-evaluate the "great away support" idea. Looking at Luton's average away attendance this season- it was only a few hundred less than us!!! Yet our home gates are around double there's.

Now I don't think City fans do go around saying "we're a big club". Maybe we just have big home support.

BUT what I will say is that our away fans have to be among the loudest if not THE loudest.

I know it's been mentioned a lot, but I was pretty shocked we didnt sell out Saturday.

Before I get lynched - I'm not saying that everyone who didnt go was a part-timer. I'm sure we all wish we could go to every game, but unfortunatly life has a nasty habit of getting in the way.

(This includes me - Can just about afford my season ticket next year)

I just can't get my head around that we took over 500 to GRIMSBY on a Tuesday night, yet could only manage 150 more for a play-off semi. It doesnt seem to make any sense.

Still, I wont be complaining when we take 3000 away to Leeds next year. Or 300 to Doncaster............

Finally some sense here from punkrock_ciderhead, some people will go to every home and every away game, others will go to every home and a few away, etc, etc right down to those who only go to 1-2 games a season. For some people its not practical to go to as many games as others. For others City are something to enjoy without the constant pressure to go every week, regardless of opposition, league placings, date, etc.

They're all City fans one way or the other. I've never heard of a club to have such a problem accepting people supporting them! Everyone follows the club in their own way.

Guest bcfcsols
D`ye reckon ?

Maybe from where you`re standing.

Sorry but your away support is below average.

I dont like this comment and I suggest you p*** off our forum. If you dont even want to say which "mighty" team you support (Team Supported: Bristol City my ass) then I dont think you got a ground to tell us our away contingents are below par. I dont think 36,000+ to Cardiff is a below par away following.

without getting into another part time fan/why people didn't go to H'pool debate- put it into perspective.

Palace take 2000 fans to Sunderland today. ALSO on Sky, probably more expensive, longer to travel, ALSO a night game, later kick off. And a club not THAT much bigger than us.

Hartlepool- will probably bring 1000 odd down on Wednesday- ALSO on Sky, may be a bigger game for them but that doesn't come into I don't think- it's actually more CRUCIAL for us to go up than them, a night game rather than weekend, later kick off, and a club that I expect (without checking average home gates) gets just over half of what we get each week.

Not in need of another part-time fan debate- as far as I'm concerned it's up to individuals to choose whether or not they go- BUT it is time we re-evaluate the "great away support" idea. Looking at Luton's average away attendance this season- it was only a few hundred less than us!!! Yet our home gates are around double there's.

Now I don't think City fans do go around saying "we're a big club". Maybe we just have big home support.

BUT what I will say is that our away fans have to be among the loudest if not THE loudest.

I've posted plenty on this and the main reason was the ticket allocation and the restrictions Mon-Wed.

If, as I have suggested we:

Season Ticket Holders Only

a.Put 100/200 on the internet

b.Personal Callers

c.Phones

Monday-Tue Lunch Only

Then, General Sale

We would have sold out.

I go to nearly every away game and at one point, I wasn't going to bother as I was so annoyed at our somewhat arrogant ticketing policy.

Living 150 miles away, a personal visit is out of the question during the working week.

Another two factors that people haven't mentioned as much are:

a.Play Off Blues.We didn't get up automaticaly, whereas H'Pool exceeded all expectations by making the play offs.

b.Second Legs are normally better attended by away fans and Palace had more at Sunderland, than vica versa.

Lots of fans merely gave up hope of getting a ticket, then by the time they were available, had either made other arrangements or couldn't be arsed.

PP - I think Bristol Boy is spot on.

I went to great lengths to ensure 1st day that I got a ticket but needn't have. I think other people looked at the lengths they expected to have to go to & didnt bother hence those unsold.

Archived