IGNORED

Dario Dario Dario

BristolBEAT

Just watched Dario's inteview on Crewe Player. Fine words about our main man (to start) then he annoyed me by saying he think he will go this summer. Missed off of the city website was Dario saying "Maynard won't make england squad if he is at a club like Bristol City". :ranting:

When I am in Crewe next (2 weeks time) I will be having stern words with a certain Manager.

Still Shows what a "Little club we are" if this is what people and more importantly managers say about us!

What are you talking about?! It doesn't show anything of the sort

We are a Championship Club, matter of fact, its not open to interpretation. Just becuase someone like Dario makes a comment about one of our players, it doesn't mean anything, like the other poster said, hes prolly just trying to get his sell on.

Anyways, I cant find anything to suggest that he said he will leave City and that he should if he wants England Glory.

Just watched Dario's inteview on Crewe Player. Fine words about our main man (to start) then he annoyed me by saying he think he will go this summer. Missed off of the city website was Dario saying "Maynard won't make england squad if he is at a club like Bristol City". ranting.gif

When I am in Crewe next (2 weeks time) I will be having stern words with a certain Manager.

probably true though, lets be honest. I think marcus stewart got into the England squad with a newly promoted ipswich, but cannot think of many other potential comparisons....

probably true though, lets be honest. I think marcus stewart got into the England squad with a newly promoted ipswich, but cannot think of many other potential comparisons....

Nugent got in when he was at preston and scored from about an inch out. But no chances are no player will play for Capello if they play in the championship.

Nugent got in when he was at preston and scored from about an inch out. But no chances are no player will play for Capello if they play in the championship.

David James is technically a Championship player isn't he?and Rob Green almost was too.

Dam, we are a serious keeper problem for this WC, we have just shit keepers.

Maynard is great at this level, Although it took a year for him to prove that, He really needs at least one more 'successful' season at this level before he even thinks about moving up to the Premier League, Basically he has had 1 good season in the 1st division and 1 in the championship so far in his career.

As for England, i'm not so sure, He will ever be that good, Hope i'm wrong.

The choice for Nicky is simple a quick buck in a potentially struggling Premier League team, Where goals will be hard to come by or build on his already great reputation (especially under a proven manager at this level) and hold out for a hopefully a bigger team.

Spot on. Crewe finished 18th in the 4th division this season and are a good bet for relegation to the Blue Square Prem next year.

Exactly, maybe Dario should concentrate on his own team and let Steve Coppell worry about ours!

My main concern is that he obviously holds some sway with Nicky (I gather he was at Gresty Rd for a Crewe game after our season had finished). If Gradi has said to Nicky that he should move then we could have a problem!

Joe Hart, shit? I don't think so!

Yeah but he's not even close to being in the same class as Casillas, Van Der Sar, Cech, Dida, Khan, Buffon, Barthez to name just a few.

Ask most people in the world and they'll say 'who the fork is Joe Hart?'

We have a serious keeper problem in England and have had for many decades.

Decent sportsmen from England don't seem to wanna play in goal

Argentina has called up 2 players from Newcastle, who were in the championship....... fish.gif

Maybe, but Mental Maradona also left home two of his country's best midfielders in Zanetti and Cambiasso. Messi or not, I cant see the Argies making it into the shakedown.

Yeah but he's not even close to being in the same class as Casillas, Van Der Sar, Cech, Dida, Khan, Buffon, Barthez to name just a few.

Ask most people in the world and they'll say 'who the fork is Joe Hart?'

We have a serious keeper problem in England and have had for many decades.

Decent sportsmen from England don't seem to wanna play in goal

steady there fella!

Ladies, time to wake up and realise that when one of your strikers finishes joint top scorer in the league below one of the top leagues in the world - there's gonna be interest.

20 league goals of which 15 at least were quality finishes. If I was Maynard and I didn't attract BIDS from the Prem, I'd be pissed.

The interest has commenced already, bidding war soon to follow and if Maynards head is turned and the money's on the table - let him go.

Exactly, maybe Dario should concentrate on his own team and let Steve Coppell worry about ours!

My main concern is that he obviously holds some sway with Nicky (I gather he was at Gresty Rd for a Crewe game after our season had finished). If Gradi has said to Nicky that he should move then we could have a problem!

As well as starting this post I also started the post you are quoting here. (I have strong connections with Crewe) yes Nicky was there on the last game of the season. He was sitting two rows above one of my friends and was just watching. But no doubt he would have said Hi to Dario. He may have suggested it to him here. Let's hope coppell has had a word too!

Ok, thanks

I can tell you really know your stuff

20 goals is impressive. But how many has Darren Bent got?

He isnt even gonna be in the squad of 23.

Maynard has no game whatsoever over than scoring goals and doing late 2 footed lunges on defenders.

Zamora was injured against Athletico Madrid but his centre forward play and ability to bring others into the game was immense.

Open your eyes.

Although Bobby Zamora is a better all round player now, he is a good example of what Nicky can achieve.

Zamora is a player that has come on leaps and bounds in the past few years. I personaly think that at the age of 23 Nicky has just as much ability, if not more than Zamora did at this stage of career. The question is can Nicky develop as a player and become much more than just a good goal scorer??

Good job that Fabio's in charge an not Dario.

Nicky, pack yer bag son, an take yer shadescool2.gif

Oh and Bobby Zamora is pretty much the complete striker probably, real quality.

bigging up a former Rovers player? Can someone delete this crap. Its embarrasing.

Well, Joe Lewis was called up to a provisional squad by Capello, and that was when he played in league one I believe.

He is a sour git who has always had a downer on our club. I remember he once complained that his beloved Crewe players were intimidated by the hostile atmosphere at AG.

I have little respect fo him as a person, although he obviously has a talent for spotting and developing young players. If he was that good a manager why did he spend 50 odd years at Crewe?disapointed2se.gif

Archived