IGNORED

Can Someone Tell Me.

bangers

I keep reading people saying that Cardiff are in severe financial trouble and that there is a possibility that they could be deducted points/dropped divisions/wound up. Can someone in the know enlighten me at how likely it is that something like this is actually going to happen to them??

Is there a possibility that nothing will happen at all and they will most likely be up their in the Championship next season????

It's extremely unlikely, the worst realistic case scenario is a fire sale, if they invest a sizeable amount more than the £6million touted then I guess the realms of their success could be as big as anyones, they have the stadium and fan base.

At best they are looking at a fire sale. It was in the local rag last week that if they did not go up they would have to look to sell the high earners in the club and cut their cloth accordingly.

I keep reading people saying that Cardiff are in severe financial trouble and that there is a possibility that they could be deducted points/dropped divisions/wound up. Can someone in the know enlighten me at how likely it is that something like this is actually going to happen to them??

Is there a possibility that nothing will happen at all and they will most likely be up their in the Championship next season????

They sold 10,000 season tickets by December last year on the basis that money would be used to fund new players for the push for promotion this season. There was also the guarantee that promotion meant they would receive their entire season ticket money back. Unfortunately the Riddler wanted the money for his tropical fish tank again and blew the lot, so they have very very little income from the remainder of season ticket sales, coupled with the winding up order for an unpaid 2 million to the tax office.

I would say they are screwed, the gate receipts yesterday may pay some of the tax bill, but they have a huge wage bill to pay as well.

Unless this new consortium come up trumps for them, I can only see administration. Why on earth would they want to fund a championship team for starters, and one that has been so poorly run in the past.

Cardiff have confirmed that the winding-up petition against the club has been officially withdrawn following their High Court hearing in London

this morning. The club last week settled the outstanding £1.9million owed to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) that threatened their existence

over the second half of the 2009/10 season.

The news means the transfer embargo hanging over the Championship outfit can now be removed.

Source: PA Sport

Archived