IGNORED

Ipswich In For Chopra

Red Robin

Ipswich in for chopra,i think we should get involved if that is the figure being put forward.

I would take back all i have said about the smarmy little get,if he helped take us up next season.

link below.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A68825163

Why do you post these topics summer after summer - We don't need Chopra unless we sell Maynard.

Why do you post these topics summer after summer - We don't need Chopra unless we sell Maynard.

I agree, not convinced Maynard and Chopra could well play together. Boothryd or Iwelumo would be a much better signing for us. Chopra scored a lot of goals in a side that played consistantly well all season / Maynard scored a lot of goals for us, and our form was very patchy last season. Maynards younger, and will get better, Chopra is prob at his peak now!

Maynards got a great attitude, Chopra......well!

Guest oftbc

I like to think of us as a honest club and despite what Colin thinks or says that is what we are. In my time of watching City I can't ever recall us having any players that constantly try to cheat. I like it that way and for that reason I do not want that scum bag anywhere near this club. How he gets away with it time and time again I will never know. Why haven't the refs wised up to his antics yet?

I like to think of us as a honest club and despite what Colin thinks or says that is what we are. In my time of watching City I can't ever recall us having any players that constantly try to cheat. I like it that way and for that reason I do not want that scum bag anywhere near this club.

Well said.

Chopra's not that good anyway - didn't he go more than 10 matches without scoring before Gerken's poor clearance gifted him one against us? Well taken mind you but it shows he has no consistency and is as prone to barren spells as much as the next striker.

Maynard is a fine young striker and will be far better than Chopra - if Maynard goes I'd like to think SC would look for a replacement we City fans can be genuinely proud of.

Chopra's not that good anyway - didn't he go more than 10 matches without scoring

Didn't Maynard go a long time without scoring too. I think both are on a similar par right now. Maybe Nicky will go on from here, maybe not.

I think Chopra is quality but I hope Coppell goes the Kevin Doyle way and picks up players from nowhere for cheap.

Well said.

Chopra's not that good anyway - didn't he go more than 10 matches without scoring before Gerken's poor clearance gifted him one against us? Well taken mind you but it shows he has no consistency and is as prone to barren spells as much as the next striker.

Maynard is a fine young striker and will be far better than Chopra - if Maynard goes I'd like to think SC would look for a replacement we City fans can be genuinely proud of.

To be fair, Maynard scored 1 goal in 19 games prior to the Plymouth game, I believe.

Didn't Maynard go a long time without scoring too. I think both are on a similar par right now. Maybe Nicky will go on from here, maybe not.

He did, that's why I said Chopra is as prone to barren spells as the next striker.

They might be on more or less on a par goal-wise but If Cardiff offered a straight swap, Chopra for Maynard, I certainly wouldn't take it.

I reckon there are alot more goals in Maynard in a more creative team, hopefully that'll be BCFC under Coppell next season.fingerscrossed.gif

He did, that's why I said Chopra is as prone to barren spells as the next striker.

They might be on more or less on a par goal-wise but If Cardiff offered a straight swap, Chopra for Maynard, I certainly wouldn't take it.

I reckon there are alot more goals in Maynard in a more creative team, hopefully that'll be BCFC under Coppell next season.fingerscrossed.gif

Ah I see, sorry! I wouldn't swap Maynard for Chopra although I feel it would be a cracking partnership. However, I can't stand the bloke and his attitude completely puts me off.

Yeah lets pay £3m and £20k a week for a goalscorer, cos we don't have already have a better one or have any other areas of the team that need the spend more do we?

How about we try and find a player who will actually form a good partnership with Maynard for about a quarter of that so we can bring in the other five or six players we need?

Or we could just play more attacking football and goals will flow from all parts of the team?

Buying a *proven* striker doesn't equal goals.

Or we could just play more attacking football and goals will flow from all parts of the team?

Buying a *proven* striker doesn't equal goals.

Clarkeson has the potential,looks quality on the ball,needs a good run,

Haynes has electric pace but needs to score more goals,

Akinde not sure about the big man at championship level,

Maynard the only player to score regular and often.

I agree, not convinced Maynard and Chopra could well play together. Boothryd or Iwelumo would be a much better signing for us. Chopra scored a lot of goals in a side that played consistantly well all season / Maynard scored a lot of goals for us, and our form was very patchy last season. Maynards younger, and will get better, Chopra is prob at his peak now!

Maynards got a great attitude, Chopra......well!

So, John.....what's the matter with Chopra's attitude? He seems like a passionate bloke who plays football straight down the line. The image of him crying after Cardiff's defeat just shows to me what a genuine type of guy he must be........OH, HANG ON THOUGH, CIDER ALERT....CIDER ALERT....HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, CHEATING GIT! REMEMBER HIS DISGRACEFUL STUDS UP ATTEMPT ON OUR SUB WHO WAS WARMING UP ON THE TOUCHLINE??????? SORRY, I CAN'T BE DOING WITH A SNIVELLING TWONNOCK LIKE THAT!

I'd sooner sign a Gashead!

Clarkeson has the potential,looks quality on the ball,needs a good run,

Haynes has electric pace but needs to score more goals,

Akinde not sure about the big man at championship level,

Maynard the only player to score regular and often.

And 50% of Maynards goals came from wonderstrikes.

Create decent chances for our current strikers and they will convert.

Archived