IGNORED

One Last Meeting (hopefully)

Dave L

Hi all

As supporter liaison and a North Somerset resident, the club have asked me to go and present to North Somerset's planning and regulatory committee tomorrow, and speak on your behalf in favour of the new stadium. The meeting starts at 3pm in the new Council Chamber in the Town Hall - entrance off Walliscote Grove Road, Weston super Mare, BS23 1UJ. Mike Adams from the Supporters Trust will also be making a brief speech.

Those who are against the new stadium are sure to be there in numbers, and will no doubt be applauding those who speak against the proposal. In order to make sure that the committee aren't swayed by them, it's vital that we have a good number of our supporters there to register their vocal approval of our case. So if you are a North Somerset resident, and can get along to the Town Hall, I'd be really grateful if you could give up an hour or two of your time tomorrow.

See you there.

Dave

I hope Bob Cook gets the thorough public humiliation his shambolic handling of the first meeting deserves. A shameless nimby without any integrity whatsoever if ever there was one.

And that's local government neatly summed up for you right there.

Indeed, nowhere more so than the ultimate backward-small-town-hicksville district of North Somerset, whose administrative and cultural hub is Weston-Super-Mare.

(No offence to our Weston chums, of course :cool2:)

I hope Bob Cook gets the thorough public humiliation his shambolic handling of the first meeting deserves. A shameless nimby without any integrity whatsoever if ever there was one.

I was surprised to see him oppose the expansion at Bristol Airport. NOT.

Archived