IGNORED

What Was The Outcome Of The 'town Green' Appeal?

myol'man

Could take 3 weeks or more, they can make it as long as they like really if they keep bringing more info to the table.

You can basically make your case and then come back later and say, "oh I forgot to add".........

BCAGFC

but whilst they fanny around building could start?

Could take 3 weeks or more, they can make it as long as they like really if they keep bringing more info to the table.

You can basically make your case and then come back later and say, "oh I forgot to add".........

BCAGFC

Whilst I don't fully understand or for that matter appreciate some of our more archaic laws, my understanding is that BCFC &/or Steve Lansdown &/or a private company run by SL actually own the land in question.

If this is the case, how can the law of the land allow a third party or parties the right to declare this a 'village green'?

I accept that they (& we) have the right to appeal development, but apply for village green status on land that is not owned by the council, government or by the very people opposing - bit of a sham isn't it.

One wonders if there had been an outcry of this nature if upon purchasing the land, SL had initially surrounded it by a great big fence & denied access to everyone?

Would the residents have taken up arms, would they have gone across the road to Ashton Court instead, which is infinitely a more pleasant & picturesque place to take yourself & your family instead of a reclaimed brown field site.

I believe our plans include a nature reserve, which I presume would be accessible to the public?

Failing that, a great big village green on the edge of Bristol seems like a perfect place for travellers & gypo's alike to set up camp....

Here's praying that the powers that be grant us (& Bristol) it's wish to cement ourselves as a major city in this greatr country of ours.

Hope springs eternal.

SL should do 'em for admitting their offence of trespassing.

He would have to catch them on his land first and ask them to leave. If they refused it's only then, from a civil court point of view, that he could attempt to prosecute them.

Alternatively he should just keep a pack of wolves on his land. :innocent06:

Guest oftbc

Why did they never do this before? Il tell you why because they tried everything they could to stop the development as they don't want a stadium on their doorstep and now that didn't work they have resorted to this. If they wanted to use the land they should have brought it years ago. For years and years they have been using a piece of land that doesn't belong to them. There might not be signs saying no trespassers but by the same token there is no signs saying all is welcome.

I wish they were just honest about their intentions instead of trying to use this or the otters etc.

. For years and years they have been using a piece of land that doesn't belong to them.

Your missing the point, this is a one of the reasons people can put in Town green applications.

Its for them to prove that they have been doing this, we had a town green application in Bridgwater thrown out. All the criteria was met on the application but as the land was owned by the council ( and they had plans to build a road through the area, which they didranting.gif ) they managed to somehow!!! turn the town green aplication down.

The protestors had better have some bloody good lawyers etc, because they have about a 1% chance of winning IMO.

He would have to catch them on his land first and ask them to leave. If they refused it's only then, from a civil court point of view, that he could attempt to prosecute them.

Alternatively he should just keep a pack of wolves on his land. innocent06.gif

Oh I see. Their public admission of guilt clearly doesn't matter then.

This country ...

The person conducting the inquiry is not a Planning Inspector. She is a barrister, QC or something similar.

When she has all of evidence she will make a recommendation to the Council and it is up to them to make a decision based on the recommendation.

In theory the recommendation could be that Town Green status be given but the LPA could go the opposite way - and vice versa.

Barmy or what?

The LPA has a very vested interest (World Cup bid and what that entails). I suspect that if the recommendation is one that they don't like then they will drag their heels before making a decision. However, if the decision is one they like then they will get the decision out as quickly as possible.

There is no appeal process and judicial review would be unlikely because the process is non statutory.

The person conducting the inquiry is not a Planning Inspector. She is a barrister, QC or something similar.

When she has all of evidence she will make a recommendation to the Council and it is up to them to make a decision based on the recommendation.

In theory the recommendation could be that Town Green status be given but the LPA could go the opposite way - and vice versa.

Barmy or what?

The LPA has a very vested interest (World Cup bid and what that entails). I suspect that if the recommendation is one that they don't like then they will drag their heels before making a decision. However, if the decision is one they like then they will get the decision out as quickly as possible.

There is no appeal process and judicial review would be unlikely because the process is non statutory.

Thanks for the explanation. How does this square with the Government already having decided there were no grounds to call our plans in?

Thanks for the explanation. How does this square with the Government already having decided there were no grounds to call our plans in?

I understand that a Town Green application can be made almost anywhere.

There are changes to the process being piloted elsewhere in the country.

It would make sense for the tribunal to make the decision rather than the LPA and that decision should be binding.

Oh I see. Their public admission of guilt clearly doesn't matter then.

This country ...

Tresspass laws are a minefield. Clearer north of the border where there is no such law.

I understand that a Town Green application can be made almost anywhere.

There are changes to the process being piloted elsewhere in the country.

It would make sense for the tribunal to make the decision rather than the LPA and that decision should be binding.

I see. Thanks again.

first off if the land is private they have admitted to using it,2nd I would then send them a letter stating they were to be charged with trespassing and a court procedding ,see how many would like to whinge then.

Barmy or what?

So, whilst all the inquiries is going on and the local residents have their twopence worth, do they have to "swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth etc..."?

My old man used to live on Silbury Avenue many years ago and his house backed onto these fields and he can't remember a single person using them!!

Secondly, he also used to work with one of the main objectors who claims he walks his dog over these fields, yet my old man reckons he's a fat layabout who'd never walk a dog in a million years?

How much truth then do these objectors have to tell and can they be held accountable for lying/perverting the court of justice?

So, whilst all the inquiries is going on and the local residents have their twopence worth, do they have to "swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth etc..."?

My old man used to live on Silbury Avenue many years ago and his house backed onto these fields and he can't remember a single person using them!!

Secondly, he also used to work with one of the main objectors who claims he walks his dog over these fields, yet my old man reckons he's a fat layabout who'd never walk a dog in a million years?

How much truth then do these objectors have to tell and can they be held accountable for lying/perverting the court of justice?

If your dad knows he is lying, get him to testify against them if you can, or just write them a letter (quickly).

If your dad knows he is lying, get him to testify against them if you can, or just write them a letter (quickly).

I'm sure I know someone else who has mentioned similar about one person front this who doesn't even live in his house at the vale.

If the decision ultimately rests with the council (regardless of what the recommendation is by the person overseing the TG appliaction) then I can't see them stopping their own WC plan.

Archived