IGNORED

Jay Emanuell-thomas

Whites

On a season long loan deal according to the arsenal website. Now I didn't get to the donny game but apparentley this young un is a bit of a talent??? Can anyone see him spending a season in the ccc or will he go to a lower prem team, Wba, Wigan etc etc????

Wos' reckon????

He was head and shoulders above everybody else on the pitch in the Donny game, but we were at a low point that afternoon. I'm sure he'll go on and be a star for Arsenal who like to play football the right way. I'm not sure that he's ready yet so wouldn't say no if he joined us for a season long loan. And from what I hear about Coppell's style of play he wants, Arsenal could do worse than hand him over to us.

I thought he was fantastic when Donny played us at Ashton Gate, he is very lanky but very agile too. He is like a cross between Kanu at his peak and Peter Crouch - well at least, thats what I thought at the time!!!

And another thing, when he was subbed, he came off to warm applause from the City fans who respected his performance. Now remember who the last player was who that happened too.... we got him!!

I thought he was fantastic when Donny played us at Ashton Gate, he is very lanky but very agile too. He is like a cross between Kanu at his peak and Peter Crouch - well at least, thats what I thought at the time!!!

And another thing, when he was subbed, he came off to warm applause from the City fans who respected his performance. Now remember who the last player was who that happened too.... we got him!!

We got him alright, didn't exactly shine though (don't take that the wrong way, I did appreciate he had a lot of ability) but I think Emanuell-Thomas would be a great season long loan for us based on that one game.

We got him alright, didn't exactly shine though (don't take that the wrong way, I did appreciate he had a lot of ability) but I think Emanuell-Thomas would be a great season long loan for us based on that one game.

hey is that sno..w I can see falling

He was excellent! However I'm not sure if we should be going down the loan route again, although the odd one won't hurt. Not sure what Coppel's policies considering loans are, maybe he would rather work with a squad of Bristol City players rather than entering into another borrowing scenario.

good player, but needless signing, we've plenty of decent midfielder,

it would be sno all over again, quality player but in a position we don't need to improve, Skuse, Marv and Hartley are more than good enough in that position,

other positions are of higher importantance

good player, but needless signing, we've plenty of decent midfielder,

it would be sno all over again, quality player but in a position we don't need to improve, Skuse, Marv and Hartley are more than good enough in that position,

other positions are of higher importantance

He can play in attack tbf and played very well for Donnie in the hole at times!

He was excellent! However I'm not sure if we should be going down the loan route again, although the odd one won't hurt. Not sure what Coppel's policies considering loans are, maybe he would rather work with a squad of Bristol City players rather than entering into another borrowing scenario.

isn't this just entering into the managerial/supporter cycle again, Coppell will say he doesn't like using loans and fans will criticise him when a team goes up using a couple loan players. He will then use loan players and get criticised for because the loans are not good enough or don't fit after 3 games.

It doesn't matter what he does in the loan market he is going to be criticised.

isn't this just entering into the managerial/supporter cycle again, Coppell will say he doesn't like using loans and fans will criticise him when a team goes up using a couple loan players. He will then use loan players and get criticised for because the loans are not good enough or don't fit after 3 games.

Only in certain quarters , no names!

Well we knew that GJ was very reluctant to take on loan players - that didn't stop him signing 7 or 8 for fun last seasonsurrender.gif

I see what you're saying and I wasn't saying he is against loans, I have no idea what his transfer policy is, however he may be very against the loan market as some managers are. GJ was criticised for his activity in the loan market and rightly so, after claiming in our first CCC season he did not believe in them he appeared to make several needless and at times what would appear to be useless loan signings last season.

Archived