IGNORED

Bill Bailey Tickets

Vespa Red

I bought Bill Bailey tickets at the Gate about a month ago (as soon as they went on sale). I thought that they were a bit steep at £35, but what the heck...it's Bill Bailey. Then, I get an e-mail (from See Tickets) telling me that the tickets had dropped by ten quid a head. Great I thought, discount. Then another e-mail telling me it had switched to a Saturday...could still do it with a bit of switching around.

Now I've received an e-mail from the club telling me that season "card" holders are entitled to a bogoff offer. So i rang the club and was dutifully told (by Jodie) that it's not applicable for the likes of me who shelled out on day one. Cheers then.

Seeing as this appear to be the mouthpiece for the club, could someone explain to me why I'm not entitled to this?

BOGOF seems the last desperate throw of the dice IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled. I always thought it would prove difficult to sell tickets in the sort of quantity they need to. couple of thousand maybe. 15'000? No.

I bought Bill Bailey tickets at the Gate about a month ago (as soon as they went on sale). I thought that they were a bit steep at £35, but what the heck...it's Bill Bailey. Then, I get an e-mail (from See Tickets) telling me that the tickets had dropped by ten quid a head. Great I thought, discount. Then another e-mail telling me it had switched to a Saturday...could still do it with a bit of switching around.

Now I've received an e-mail from the club telling me that season "card" holders are entitled to a bogoff offer. So i rang the club and was dutifully told (by Jodie) that it's not applicable for the likes of me who shelled out on day one. Cheers then.

Seeing as this appear to be the mouthpiece for the club, could someone explain to me why I'm not entitled to this?

I have a funny feeling you know the answer to this one, you are being exploited.

Unfortunately, it seems all you can do is learn your lesson and move on.

Funny this as I seem to recall that STs were sold cheaply in early March (? or January or a long long ago anyway) because the club wanted to "reward" early takeup.

Seems that when it comes to Bill Bailey tickets that the club will sell them cheaply if you don't purchase them early.

I'm sure the club are happy with their consistency....

• Admin

Do you have an inside line into the number of tickets that have been sold Tom?

Seems perfectly reasonable - you were happy to pay the price you paid and got your ticket. Just because this has not sold well and prices have now been reduced you should not expect a better offer. Had it sold out would you be suggesting you should give your ticket to someone else?

No exploitation at all - tickets were offered at x you paid x where's the problem? It may be dispiriting to have paid more than you might have but that is life.

Hopefully you'll have a great time and feel it was worth what you paid.

No it's not: I haven't had "the product" yet.

Very simple. If you got your tickets when they first went on sale, you'd have bought your tickets for the Tuesday night, seeing as this has now switched to the Saturday you can, if you want, get a refund. Get your money back and with this cash, buy the tickets you want at the price/deal you want.

Do you have an inside line into the number of tickets that have been sold Tom?

I was told yesterday by a steward at the gate that they have only sold 2000 for Bill Bailey ... And about 8000 for Westlife ...

Archived