IGNORED

The Tour

leader

well we have finally got a place to get our head down its the apple hotel and its right in the mixer so for all you reds out there waiting to book get on board the red army are on there way ......................................................... o and lock up yer daughters

Im really jealous of you GUYS that are going. Gothenberg is a really great/nice city that I have visted many times the people are very welcoming and IFK have a super stadium...And many of the local girls really like the English....Have a great time, but take plenty of cash, Drinks are a FORTUNE!!!!!

well we have finally got a place to get our head down its the apple hotel and its right in the mixer so for all you reds out there waiting to book get on board the red army are on there way ......................................................... o and lock up yer daughters

A good shout. 10 min. with tram from central Gothenburg http://www.expedia.s...a=&srow=&rdct=1

http://www.applehote.../eng/index.html

Not sure which link that gives you the better price, the agents or the hotels but worth checking up.

Your neighbour is Systembolaget, the Swedish Alcohol Retail Monopoly wink.gif You will be in Torpavallssgatan 6 and they are in number 4 winner_third_h4h.gif

http://www.systembol...htm?ButikNr=246

Need to be 20 to by there and pushing is illegal. In pubs/clubs 18 is fine though.

Good times ahead smile.gif

A three day Gothenburg "tram card" also valid on busses and the boats to the archipelago is SEK 130 (£12). If you are 20 you can bring up to three under 20's on the same card. Text G3D to 724 50. For a one day card text G1D to the same number.

Roaming agreement need to be with 3, Halebop, Parlino, Tango, Tele2Comviq, Telenor or Telia.

http://www.vasttrafi...kelbiljett-SMS/

http://www.vasttrafi...dning-Goteborg/

Did you book direct or through travel company ?

Works out £80 a night for a twin room direct but must call ?

My son and I are flying out Tues am returning Sun pm !

Tempted to stay in Helsinberg for a couple of nights, depending on where City play on the Thurs night !

Tempted to stay in Helsinberg for a couple of nights, depending on where City play on the Thurs night !

Calling is not a problem as we are all suffering from a tongue disease called English wink.gif

They will probably play in Båstad. Still, Helsingborg is very beautiful and probably the only place I can think of if ever moving from Stockholm.

If you go for Helsingborg choose Hotel Mollberg http://www.elite.se/...gborg/mollberg/

Affordable prices over the summer. Try to get room 321 (got a nice balcony).

Cheers

Tommy

They will probably play in Båstad. Still, Helsingborg is very beautiful and probably the only place I can think of if ever moving from Stockholm.

If you go for Helsingborg choose Hotel Mollberg http://www.elite.se/...gborg/mollberg/

Affordable prices over the summer. Try to get room 321 (got a nice balcony).

Cheers

Tommy

Thanks Tommy

Room 321 haunted ?

What we going to be paying for a pint ?

Where are you staying ?

Cheers

Darren

Thanks Tommy

Room 321 haunted ?

What we going to be paying for a pint ?

Where are you staying ?

Cheers

Darren

- Best room in the hotel. Got a balcony with a sea view.

- Like in Bristol, £2 - £6

- I live in Stockholm 500 km from Gothenburg. Will definately go down for the Vallens IF game and then stay 500 meters from the ground in Stenungsund at the youth hostel http://www.svenskatu...el-Stenungsund/

If going to watch the Helsingborg game I probably nick at a place like this to save my pennies as I'm travelling by car http://www.birkagarden.com/index.htm

Might have three spare seats for the Helsingborg game (petrol shared from Gothenburg). But still early days. Have just started negotiations with the wife.

SPAR Hotel Majorna is my advice and so far I have seen nothing good enough to change my mind. Price the only exception.

I booked at the Apple hotel last week as well. Going to stay there for the Tuesday and Wednesday and then stay down in Helsingborg for the Thursday / Friday. Looking forward to it

Thinking of doing the same where in Helsingborg are you staying ?

Thinking of doing the same where in Helsingborg are you staying ?

Haven't got around to booking anywhere just yet. Had a quick look at Tommy's links and might take one of those. Will probably book at the start of next week - I'll post up where we will stay.

Haven't got around to booking anywhere just yet. Had a quick look at Tommy's links and might take one of those. Will probably book at the start of next week - I'll post up where we will stay.

Hotel Mollberg is a really good hotel in the absolute middle of the city and fairly priced over the summer. A two minute walk to the ferrys to Helsingör (Denmark). The trip takes 20 min. and you should "tura" meaning staying on the boat going Denmark - Sweden - Denmark over and over again while you are comfortably seated in the bar smile.gif Don't cost much either.

Have stayed at Mollberg about ten times and it's a true gem.

Thanks for the offer Tommy. I'll actually be driving down from Oslo so will have my car with me. I will have a couple of spare spaces also for those thinking of going down to Helsinborg on the Thursday.

I've just booked the Hotel Mollberg for the Thursday and Friday after persuading my Norwegian girlfriend to put up with the Skåne accent for a few days (she is partial to most other Swedish accents though ;)).....

That leaves me with Tuesday and Wednesday in Gothenberg (Hotel Apple). Then Helsinborg (Hotel Mollberg) Thursday and Friday night before driving up to Vallens game and then back to Norway after.

Thanks for the offer Tommy. I'll actually be driving down from Oslo so will have my car with me. I will have a couple of spare spaces also for those thinking of going down to Helsinborg on the Thursday.

I've just booked the Hotel Mollberg for the Thursday and Friday after persuading my Norwegian girlfriend to put up with the Skåne accent for a few days (she is partial to most other Swedish accents though wink.gif).....

That leaves me with Tuesday and Wednesday in Gothenberg (Hotel Apple). Then Helsinborg (Hotel Mollberg) Thursday and Friday night before driving up to Vallens game and then back to Norway after.

smile.gif The odd thing with the Skåne accent is that the Danes at the other side of the sound don't understand it at all. They are used to the Stockholm accent from television. Skåningarna understand the Danes prefectly though because they are watching Danish television.. crying.gif

You won't be disappointed with Mollberg! They even got their own coffee - Mollbergs mixture.

I've just booked the Hotel Mollberg for the Thursday and Friday after persuading my Norwegian girlfriend to put up with the Skåne accent for a few days (she is partial to most other Swedish accents though ;)).....

Just booked Apple Hotel for Tues / Wed night seriously thinking about Helsinborg Thurs / Fri and then back up for Vallens game. Would appreciate a lift for me and my son ( I am 43 and my son 18 ) from whoever is willing. Will share cost of petrol no problem.

Just booked Apple Hotel for Tues / Wed night seriously thinking about Helsinborg Thurs / Fri and then back up for Vallens game. Would appreciate a lift for me and my son ( I am 43 and my son 18 ) from whoever is willing. Will share cost of petrol no problem.

We will arrange something. Either you go with Terpin or with me. I'm 48 and got two daughters 14 and 19 but I will leave them in Stockholm wink.gif

Just booked Mollberg for Thur / Fri night in Helsingborg. Thanks for the help and advice Tommy & Terpin.

Me and a mate have booked into the Radisson Blu in Gothenbrug, £330 quid for flights/travel/hotel for 3 nights, just coming for Gothenburg and Helsingborg games. What is the name of the ground in Bastad that we may be playing at?

Be good if we all meet up in Goth one night

Hello. Offcause we all Cityfans meet upp in Göteborg. Radisson is a very nice hotel, been there acouple off yearsago. Looking forward.

Archived