IGNORED

Simon Ferry

'Orns

Who the hell is Simon Ferry?

Oh dear, I fear a lot of people are going to get very upset if Steve signs players they have never heard of, as was his wont at Reading. Not that there is any evidence that this rumour is true.

Oh dear, I fear a lot of people are going to get very upset if Steve signs players they have never heard of, as was his wont at Reading. Not that there is any evidence that this rumour is true.

It must be true, the source is impeccable:

From the horses mouth on Sunday night. "I'm having my last ever night in Swindon, it's been fun"

Then he preceded to get his phone out to try and ring Paul Hartley. Strange.

Doesn't sound brilliant from that thread but I don't think they're professional scouts.

It's not often that we sign players that people have heard of, Adebola and Trundle maybe.

Hes the lad who scored the OG at the Valley in the 2nd leg of the play off game by hooking the ball into his own net at the back post from a Charlton corner.

Hes had a decent season for them but not sure he would add much to the options we have in MF ?

Most of the Swindle fans seem to complain about a lack of goals from MF, think hes more of a deep lying MF player and we've got those options already.

However if Coppello thinks hes right then in Coppello I trust.

Magicdaps.

And if all come for you (best of luck by the way) how many Natches are we expecting? drunk2.gif

Agree with this is on loan from Liverpool so championship is next step up for him , we'll see though.

Bolton is his club.

Regardless, he would be a good player. Decent option down the left or up front.

Iv heard of Ferry, but I would perfer Coppell to sign more recognisable players that we know can win us promotion. :winner_third_h4h:

If you have a list of players who would guarantee promotion let Steve have it asap. :innocent06:

You can sign as many "name" players as you like to please some fans but automatic success doesn't necessarily follow. I fear Steve is going to disappoint a lot of people if he pursues his stated preference for rough diamonds, particularly if we are not promoted in his first season.

Iv heard of Ferry, but I would perfer Coppell to sign more recognisable players that we know can win us promotion. :winner_third_h4h:

As already stated Coppell is the type of manager that will get unknowns and turn them into top players. The problem is if we were to sign more recognisable players there is still no guarantee that they will win us promotion and would cost us a hell of a lot more, do you want to pay an extra £100 on your season ticket?

Why don't you enlighten us me old china rather than assume "people" will get upset?!!

Why don't you enlighten us me old china rather than assume "people" will get upset?!!

My point was that a number of people on here simply want to see what they regard as "big name" signings and that is not Steve's track record. A lot of Reading fans might have said why the hell is he signing people from the Irish League or why is he signing some bloke from Brentford for instance. Personally I don't care whether I have heard of a player, only if he is good. Given Steve's declared preference for rough diamonds we may have some relative or complete unknowns joining us. That may well disappoint those who want names they recognise.

Archived