IGNORED

Pompy, Bardiff And Palarse

CiderHider

I don't know enough about each individual case to guess who's taken the piss the most, but all 3 clubs need to be made an example of if we are ever to encourage Football clubs to behave themselves.

To me all 3 clubs have got off Scott free, with not one iota of deterrent given to other clubs not too follow suit, on the contrary, it just encourages Clubs to think not paying tax, staff, debts, other clubs is totally acceptable by the FA.

So can anyone tell me the punishments of these 3 clubs from the FA, or likely punishments appropriate to their behaviour?

At last common sense it needs a club to go under to send out a clear message that if you don't run your affairs properly then face the consequences.No more of this were warning you. right this is your final warning before you have your this time we mean it warning

Sadly the FA is a toothless body in the pocket of the Premier League. It is the Football League who have the power to act, as they already have with Palace, but unless there are further breaches of the not very draconian rules then nothing more will be done. Palace's creditors will get a pittance and they will keep their best players regardless. Likewise Cardiff's enormous debts, which have not gone away, will be no barrier to them having a go at the playoffs again. Mind you Pompey still have no owner nor a CVA to the best of my knowledge, so who knows?

Aye, I would hate to think special treatment had been made just because they are football clubs, I will be watching this closely and if I find nothing has been done I'll ask for an inquiry into 'WHY THE ****' have they not been punished.

I'll then stop paying my Tax in the UK and when I get taken to court I'll just say some Foreign bloke is going to bail me out so stfu, I'll say that for a few times, it seems to work with HMRC.

Have Cardiff paid their tax bill yet the Welsh *******????

THIS COUNTRY IS FALLING APART AT THE SEAMS BECAUSE WE HAVE NO MONEY, AND CARDIFF HAVE STILL NOT BLOODY PAID WHAT THEY OWE, OMFG, WHY ARE WE LETTING THIS HAPPEN !!!?

BURN THEM, BURN THEM ALL!!!!! :devil:

Makes me so mad if you were a small business the bailliffs wound be kicking your door off Monday morning

Makes me mad too *see previous post* ( I don't want anyone to burn really ), it just seems to make mockery of the system and those involved in it.

Agree, the concessions and extra time given to these clubs is out of proportion, they have clearly been given special treatment, I don't believe this should be a subjective matter, nor should it be swayed by some internet/facebook petition, screw that bullshit. Either play by the rules of suffer the consequences, but its apparent there are none which is why so many clubs are run like crack dens.

It's a joke, let's say for example I couldn't pay my vat bill, I wouldn't get 5 extensions spanning months, o would face prosecution, a fine and probably lose my business.

I genuinely believe that it's possible that the Cardiff situation has not been conducted properly, it seems as though football clubs area special entity, who make their own rules!

Aye, I would hate to think special treatment had been made just because they are football clubs, I will be watching this closely and if I find nothing has been done I'll ask for an inquiry into 'WHY THE ****' have they not been punished.

I'll then stop paying my Tax in the UK and when I get taken to court I'll just say some Foreign bloke is going to bail me out so stfu, I'll say that for a few times, it seems to work with HMRC.

Have Cardiff paid their tax bill yet the Welsh *******????

THIS COUNTRY IS FALLING APART AT THE SEAMS BECAUSE WE HAVE NO MONEY, AND CARDIFF HAVE STILL NOT BLOODY PAID WHAT THEY OWE, OMFG, WHY ARE WE LETTING THIS HAPPEN !!!?

BURN THEM, BURN THEM ALL!!!!! :devil:

Justified righteous anger but it's the Courts rather than HMRC to blame. They are frightened to death it seems of being blamed for putting clubs out of business so show a leniency the rest of us would not get as you say. I've said before that HMRC should be the priority creditor and no stay should be allowed unless tax bills are paid in full.Clubs should not be allowed to operate with what is effectively a subsidy from the taxpayer. Cardiff should have been forced to sell players to meet their liability. Instead they almost got promoted with our money.

Can anybody explain to me why Tango Man, ridsdale and storrie are not serving jail sentences and barred from company directorships for failure to pay taxes, yet little old grannies have been jailed for failure to pay council tax.

crime and punishment miss match.

explains why this country is in the state it's in.

Don't Portsmouth definitely start on -10?

I thought the rules were you get docked the points and if you go down without the -10 anyway, it rolls over into next season?

Regulation 12.3.3 of the Football League Regulations:

If any club relegated to the League from The Premier League (in accordance with the Rules of The Premier League) whilst it was a member of The Premier League, took or suffered any such action as set out in Regulation 12.3.1 of these regulations at any time following the end of the season (as defined in the Rules of The Premier League) but before it becomes a member of The League, then that club, upon being accepted as a member of The League in accordance with Regulations 7.4 and 10.1 shall suffer a deduction of 10 points, such points deduction to apply in respect of the following Season such that the Club starts that Season in Division One on minus 10 points.

The reference to Division 1 is to the Championship not League 1 btw. I think that makes it clear. :innocent06:

Regulation 12.3.3 of the Football League Regulations:

If any club relegated to the League from The Premier League (in accordance with the Rules of The Premier League) whilst it was a member of The Premier League, took or suffered any such action as set out in Regulation 12.3.1 of these regulations at any time following the end of the season (as defined in the Rules of The Premier League) but before it becomes a member of The League, then that club, upon being accepted as a member of The League in accordance with Regulations 7.4 and 10.1 shall suffer a deduction of 10 points, such points deduction to apply in respect of the following Season such that the Club starts that Season in Division One on minus 10 points.

The reference to Division 1 is to the Championship not League 1 btw. I think that makes it clear. innocent06.gif

Have a feeling they won't due to going into admin b4 the end of season...

I don't know enough about each individual case to guess who's taken the piss the most, but all 3 clubs need to be made an example of if we are ever to encourage Football clubs to behave themselves.

To me all 3 clubs have got off Scott free, with not one iota of deterrent given to other clubs not too follow suit, on the contrary, it just encourages Clubs to think not paying tax, staff, debts, other clubs is totally acceptable by the FA.

So can anyone tell me the punishments of these 3 clubs from the FA, or likely punishments appropriate to their behaviour?

While I do not disagree, there is the principal that if any business goes under then nobody really gets anything (much) ?

It is generally the case that an attempt is made to put the business back on track so that long term everybody that is owed gets more of their money back be it the taxman or the creditor.

Football is, under those circumstances no different from any other business.

Maybe the points deduction should make certain that a club does go down a division or two?

That way it's not just about paying the bills but also the level of football you play....... who really wants to see a football club go under...... would we wish to see BCFC go out out of business?

Maybe clubs should have to sell their best players under such circumstances to help pay the bills.... then if they can't cut it and pay their way then goodbye?

Archived