IGNORED

Rafa Benitez

CiderHider

Strong rumours that Rafa has left Liverpool, could this see an exodus of players leaving, who have they got lined up? I could see Gerrard and Torres both off to Spain, or end up at Chelsea or Man City

Oh dear, good job we got Coppell when we did! He may have been in the frame to replace Benitez

Nothing on the BBC site yet

Mirror saying he's gone, £3M pay off!

Right so he's not left to join another club, he's be sacked and they've paid his contract up. Wow, Liverpool must have someone pretty special lined up to take over. :shifty:

Whats the betting its not going to be an English manager.

Strong rumours that Rafa has left Liverpool, could this see an exodus of players leaving, who have they got lined up? I could see Gerrard and Torres both off to Spain, or end up at Chelsea or Man City

Oh dear, good job we got Coppell when we did! He may have been in the frame to replace Benitez

Nothing on the BBC site yet

How he kept his job as long as he did, I dont know.

Probably because their fans have more patience than most, unlike some other fans I could mentionwhistle.gifwhistle.gif

When it came to the Premier League, they never really made any progress. Never really looked like winning the league.....came kind of close a couple of years back, but that was it.

Wasted a lot of money on garbage aswell

Probably because their fans have more patience than most, unlike some other fans I could mentionwhistle.gifwhistle.gif

He did seem to retain more popularity than you would expect, probably because the owners are so unpopular so taking the spotlight off him.

When it came to the Premier League, they never really made any progress. Never really looked like winning the league.....came kind of close a couple of years back, but that was it.

Wasted a lot of money on garbage aswell

He liked to moan that he did not have enough to spend but he did indeed spend an awful lot on bad players. Liverpool could put out a team made up of the poor full backs he signed alone I reckon. If he'd used the money more wisely they could have had a PL winning side.

Right so he's not left to join another club, he's be sacked and they've paid his contract up. Wow, Liverpool must have someone pretty special lined up to take over. :shifty:

Whats the betting its not going to be an English manager.

Maybe Roy Hodgson?

He did seem to retain more popularity than you would expect, probably because the owners are so unpopular so taking the spotlight off him.

Spot on, Benitez was lucky to have two owners for the fans to take out there anger on. Load of nonsense about Liverpool fans being patient, With a sly dig at fellow city fans :rolleyes:

The bloke was useless, where was the improvement in the TEAM? They have been shocking and some of his signings awful. Then he has the audacity tu say he needs another 100 million to challenge for honours - the Europa league no doubt. It says a lot how the club has demised when there fans were HOPING to get into the Europa league not champs league. Shocking manager imo who should have walked ages ago but thought he best wait for the payoff. He will go to Inter now and win NOTHING next year imo.

So what ! Doub't that any Liverpool fans give City a second thought brought about their own problems foreign investment ,lousy signings,crap management.Shanks,Fagin,Paisley those were people who managed and put l'pool on the map. Can't feel anything for a manager who changed teams time after time wasted millions and won a fraction of what they should.

They must have really hated him to splash out £6m. Just need to know where he's going and who comes in at Anfield to find out how this all makes sense.

The owners of Liverpool are a pair of w*nkers for a start but they are not stupid, makes me suspicious of the whole thing, Yeps, I smell a take over, and one of the conditions could be that Rafa must be gone.

Archived