IGNORED

Andy Keogh?

Mclovin BS14

Are you sure he has been "released" and not just been told he can leave if they recieve an acceptable fee? Which is likely to be around 750k.

Any links?

Oh and no I wouldn't take him but might be interested in Surman who has also been told he can leave for a fee (not free)!

Link:

Sounds like Andy Keogh wants first team football, and if he's available at a decent fee for City, I would certaily like to see him in a City shirt.

Sure he hasn't got a fantastic goalscoring record but he's a fan's favourite due to his strong non-stop-running, and commitment towards the team. Him and Maynard up top would be a great pairing.

Won't be allowed to walk away from Wolves might end up their 4th choice striker would cost at least £1million to sign plus is still on the whole liked by the Wolves fans, reading on their Wolf website a lot still think he has a part to play the manager still see's a role for him Sam Volkes more likely to go.

So not released then! He would still cost upwards of 750k. So no thanks.

Surman is mentioned and so is Elokobi, both are players we should look at if available at the right price.

Never seen the fuss around Surman but liked Elokobi.

Surman has done little from what ive seen to justify the hype

Keogh would be awesome for us i would love us to get him in

Elokobi is an absolute beast and if we were looking for a left back who can more than hold his weight at this level we should def have a look

Also if Vokes is available he is definitely worth a look, although that could go either way

I think all 4 of them would improve our squad, although wouldn't want Vokes and Keogh.

Keogh up front with Maynard, Surman left wing, Elekobi left back. Job done!

I actually still think that Coppello might fancy playing Clarkson with Maynard next season, but just a hunch

Surman is similair to Tinnion, he's not a winger but a very good left sided midfielder who can also play central and wing back. Has a lot of class and ability plus would free up JCR to play on the right.

City were certainly interested in Surman before he went to Wolves, different manager now of course.

He impressed when playing against us and on the form of a couple of years ago would be a very worthwhile addition and ideal squad balancer.

I'd like to see Elokobi for us, and you may be right about Clarkson - he must have something about him that I just can't see. He's a Scottish international with a decent scoring record, but I've not seen anything which backs that up. Hopefully Coppel can get him fit and get the best out of him.

Clarkson's movement in the box is better than anyone else we currently have in the squad- Maynard included. Plus he's far better at holding up the ball than he gets credit for. I think he was exceptionally unlucky getting ill and then being played in midfield by GJ. I really hope he stays and gets a chance under Coppell

Clarkson's movement in the box is better than anyone else we currently have in the squad- Maynard included. Plus he's far better at holding up the ball than he gets credit for. I think he was exceptionally unlucky getting ill and then being played in midfield by GJ. I really hope he stays and gets a chance under Coppell

agreed it would be great to see what the lad could do in th write place

Keogh would be an excellent addition to play alongside Maynard. Hard working, creative and the always the standout performer in the Sharp partnership at S****horpe.

Surman would provide balance to the midfield and the ability to play on the left hand side. He also gets his fair share of goals from midfield which is something we've lacked for the last few seasons.

I'd make an offer of about £2m for the pair, perhaps slightly more, and see what answer we get.

I also expect Coppell to have absolutely zero interest in either

:D

I didn't see any movement from him whatsoever - he looked slow and cumbersome to me, totally unfit last season and he had plenty of time to get back to fitness.

Johnson said he isn't a natural athlete - that was an understatement.

Like I said, I hope Coppell can get the best out of him as he must have a lot more to offer for 600k and an international.

I agree he never looked fit and never really looked like he had the ability to last 90 minutes, making GJ's decision to play him in midfield or on the left wing even more bizarre. I guess that either shows how important pre-season is for a player (although it was a couple of weeks into the season when DC became ill) or that he doesn't take fitness seriously, but i think his ability to lose a marker over 15 yards inside the penalty box is superior and if given a chance in his correct position i think he could shine

Would still like Keogh though

No thank you

Wasn't great at this level and from what I remember he is a big whiner and bit of a dirty tackler.

We can do far better

Andy Keogh did very well for Wolves in their promotion season and a lot of their fans will be sad to see him go but he is not good enough for us.

I really think some fans are getting way ahead of themselves.

I hear Joe Cole is available, maybe we should go for him instead.

I think all 4 of them would improve our squad, although wouldn't want Vokes and Keogh.

Keogh up front with Maynard, Surman left wing, Elekobi left back. Job done!

I actually still think that Coppello might fancy playing Clarkson with Maynard next season, but just a hunch

thats my thoughts aswell knowing how steve teams have played before!!

IMO he would be a magnificent signing. I would be over the moon if we even had a sniff of a chance at getting him. The problem I think with him is he works his backside off so many don't notice him during the game. Outstanding talent.

Archived