IGNORED

No Of Tickets Sold For Westlife And Bill Bailey

Mrdc

Just out of interest does anybody know how many tickets we have sold for both these events?

Be interesting to know if the club will make any money on them.

Nobody seems to know for sure so I will tell you what I know. The Westlife concert had a limit of 15,000 tickets and up to last week had sold around 7,500. Bill Bailey has been an absolute disaster, despite moving the date to a Saturday and it was even being discussed about moving the gig to the Dolman Bar. Both events have been very poorly supported, and a planned third concert in between these two never even got off the ground. I fear that our days as a concert host are numbered.

I have heard 8,000 for westlife and 3,500 for bill bailey.

I think the problem is the acts. Westlife have arguably had their day and are not exactly the band of the moment. There are much better bands people around. Am sure that muse, alisha keys, greenday or take that would sell out easily, only last week sterophonics played at Cardiff new ground.

Bill bailey isn't even exactly a top comedien in the uk. There are so many more popular comedians than bb.

Guest oftbc

Whoever organises this shit needs to get with the times. If you want a sell out of screaming girls go for like JLS, Chipmunk, Dizzee, N Dubz, Tinie Tempah etc. If you want half of a ground full and I expect not making any money then go for crap like Westlife.

With T4 on the beach also not far away and also Glastonbury then it's hardly the best of times to try and get people to come and watch some has beens although this realistically is the only time we can hold concerts. So with the competition at this time of year we also have to come up with some good and current acts or have something like this http://www.escapefestival.com/ which always attracts good crowds.

Untold, Hudson Mohawke, Dam Funk, zomby, starkey, joker, rusty, gemmy, redlight all either played/from/ or booked to play Bristol, one day festival is a great idea all the above acts would draw a big following, trust me on this, probably half the price of westlife too.

I remember seeing the happy Mondays amongst others at Elland road, they were the big thing back then, would be great if we could get our finger on the pulse like the rest of Bristol is.

If they want to pack the house get on the phone to Del Naja.. MA at his spiritual home, he'd love it and combine that with a reunion with Tricky. Get Portishead to support. You'd sell tickets faster than the apple sell cider on a hot sunny day.

Sorry Tom just can't see it. A few years ago maybe, but not now.

Given they barely ever do Bristol gigs due to not wanting to play at the Colston I think they'd certainly do as well as the current offering of Westlife. They did get 20k at Queen Square when it was only 2 of them.

Given they barely ever do Bristol gigs due to not wanting to play at the Colston I think they'd certainly do as well as the current offering of Westlife. They did get 20k at Queen Square when it was only 2 of them.

I know it is not completely comparable but Westlife played in Ireland last weekend to about 80k, with JLS, and the two clowns Jedward... Wife and Daughter went to the concert and said it was excellent. All about picking your band for your audience, Westlife are obviously going to do really well in Ireland does that carry over to Bristol, not sure...

Untold, Hudson Mohawke, Dam Funk, zomby, starkey, joker, rusty, gemmy, redlight all either played/from/ or booked to play Bristol, one day festival is a great idea all the above acts would draw a big following, trust me on this, probably half the price of westlife too.

I remember seeing the happy Mondays amongst others at Elland road, they were the big thing back then, would be great if we could get our finger on the pulse like the rest of Bristol is.

Would that have been in '91 at Elland Rd?, I was there that day with a few fellow City lads and some mates from Manchester, I remember someone climbing to the top of one of the foodlight pylons.

Archived