IGNORED

Can't Understand...

beaverface

Why did this guy get a banning order, when it was nothing to do with football, he just happens to have come from a game.

What he done was horrible and disgraceful, but how is that related to football? I know he was on his way back from a game, but the incident was completed independant of football.

Can anybody explain?

Tosspot

This chap deserves what he got IMO, though I'm not sure how (in a lawful sense) it follows the idea of justice ...

I'm confused about the direct way in which it affects his interests as a footballing fan. Why not, therefore, ban him from Tescos, Sainburys, the post office, pub or anywhere else?

To abuse anyone like this is terrible, but to do it to children is quite shocking to say the least.

But........

It had nothing to do with football.

He does not deserve to be breathing let alone have the luxury of watching a football match......

Also, have you not heard of the kick racism out of football campaign...? or is that just for show?

At the end of the day, football is now a multi racial communtiy and there is no place for vile people like him.

He does not deserve to be breathing let alone have the luxury of watching a football match......

Also, have you not heard of the kick racism out of football campaign...? or is that just for show?

At the end of the day, football is now a multi racial communtiy and there is no place for vile people like him.

What cotswold just said, why not ban him from other things?

Banning orders were made to stop hooligans at football games, but they are now used for many unrelated matters.

Was this bloke a hooligan? No.

A racist yes. I have heard of the kick racism out of football campaign, but what do you think we should do? Ban all members of the BNP from attending football matches?

Why did this guy get a banning order, when it was nothing to do with football, he just happens to have come from a game.

What he done was horrible and disgraceful, but how is that related to football? I know he was on his way back from a game, but the incident was completed independant of football.

Can anybody explain?

Tosspot

I can only see a tenuous link to why it was associated with football, but given Rovers recent problems with racism i wouldn't surprise me if the club made a recommendation to the courts to issue a banning order to show how they are tackling it.

Either way, the man is a vile individual and given that he was shouting a group of Muslim scouts, he's a complete embarrassment as well.

What cotswold just said, why not ban him from other things?

Banning orders were made to stop hooligans at football games, but they are now used for many unrelated matters.

Was this bloke a hooligan? No.

A racist yes. I have heard of the kick racism out of football campaign, but what do you think we should do? Ban all members of the BNP from attending football matches?

Yes, It would be alot more pro-active than talking about kicking racism out of the game

Utterly disgusting behaviour but I have to agree with the underlying question of why was he banned from matches.

I am sure he will go on to appeal against his ban and would probably get it overturned (but I am no lawyer), a bit of a pointless process though if he goes through all of that effort just to go and watch the gas again!

This does set a worrying precedent. Putting aside what this idiot did - where does it end?

Does this mean that any criminal activity that someone gets involved in away from football could result in a banning order?

I think they have got this one massively wrong.

For the old 'uns and NTTDS, I'm pretty sure this guy is the son of an old Radio Bristol Gash reporter Colin, nice !

It says in the article that he is the son of Colin Howlett, the old gas reporter.

My guess is he may have been wearing a rovers shirt , scarf, or singing goodnight Irene (god forbid) therefore associating himself with the football club.

Where does it stop though?

You go down town, in a club, you get into a fight.

Should you then be banned from football incase you start trouble at a game?

What if it was 11pm on the night of a game, an unrelated matter.

But this was on the way back from the match......

I cant see how its football related but thats never stopped the courts or police using unrelated powers on football fans.

Anyway i was in the motorway services the other day and and saw this Asian family all wearing England shirts. It really put a smile on my face and lets hope more Asian families A) get the football bug and B) See England as their home country.

Amazing that someone on this thread can gloat about having a fight with Somalions on one forum, yet make a big deal about hating racists here.

Don't you just love double standards.

For the record, the bloke in this story is clearly a cock, but shouldn't be banned from football if the legislation that introduced banning orders was followed in its context.

Amazing that someone on this thread can gloat about having a fight with Somalions on one forum, yet make a big deal about hating racists here.

I suspect your talkng about me...

If you are I cant see the revelance of me having a fight with somalians? I did'nt have a fight with them because they we're somalians, I had a fight with them because they picked a fight with me. Nor have I gloated about fighting.

Can anybody explain?

Tosspot

Yes, its real simple. He's the kinda scum no one wants to associate with, he's lucky to get away with banning order from the club and not a court appearance for inciting racial hatred.

What kinda lowlife hurls that sort of abuse at a bloody cub scout? I hope this is a lesson to all w*ankers like him who think racial abuse, especially to a little kid is acceptable, its not and fair play to the other half for taking a strong stand.

If you have views on race religions, or whatever then fine its ok to have these discussion and argue them, but this guy is clearly a cock and deserves no defence.

Don't you just love double standards.

For the record, the bloke in this story is clearly a cock, but shouldn't be banned from football if the legislation that introduced banning orders was followed in its context.

In which case he only has his solicitor to blame for not doing his job properly. I was arrested at Coventry City a few years ago for the heanous crime of jumping on the running track and high fiving Lee Johnson (well i'm 6' 4", so it was more like a low five...) after Enoch scored and i was told that i was going to recieve a banning order. My solicitor advised the court that banning orders were set up to stop international football hooligans wreaking havoc, not to stop excitable ***** like me from over celebrating goals after too many sherberts. However, a gashead associate of mine was banned for three years after shouting racist abuse at Leicester City the season before last, so in essence a precedence has been set irrespective of whether Howlett was a mile down the road from the ground or not. If he can shout racist abuse at cub scouts then as a season ticket holder who clearly attends a lot of games it is a given that he will take that kind of filth into a stadium. Right decision in my eyes irrespective of the context of what a banning order should be issued for.

The guy in question is a prat and a

coward, he should be publicly humiliated via the stocks but not subject to a football banning order.

2 days ago I had a 9 foot England flag hanging out of window, it vanished, when I asked my neighbors had they seen any thing I was greeted with a barrage of anti English abuse, racism???? Not if you are in Wales, if now as promised I decide to retaliate and get caught, arrested and charged, will I be subject to a banning order for a football related crime, probably not, will my neighbour be subject to arrest for his comments, not in Cardiff he won't.

So to concur, the law is an arse!

Utterly disgusting behaviour but I have to agree with the underlying question of why was he banned from matches.

I am sure he will go on to appeal against his ban and would probably get it overturned (but I am no lawyer), a bit of a pointless process though if he goes through all of that effort just to go and watch the gas again!

I would say not a chance, The management reserve the right to refuse entry to anybody.

For me a racist is a racist and whether in or out of the ground, on the way to or away from a game, No self respecting club would want to be seen to associate this moron to their club, So for once in my life I will say 'well done Rovers' and let's hope other clubs pick up on this.

A ban from football is nonsense, surely a prison sentence/community service is more appropriate? This man has clearly shown he is a racist, and by using intimidating racist behaviour to CHILDREN surely this warrants a prison sentence, not a football ban?

The sad thing is a prison sentence would probably make his prejudice worse and he would probably look upon it as a badge of honour. if watching his club is as important to him as it is to most of us, The banning order probably has more chance of succeeding (certainly from public displays of racism).

Sometimes when your kids do wrong, You take away the thing they most care about and not always the thing associated with the misdemeanour.

Archived