IGNORED

If It Comes To A Penalty Shootout!

Cider Queen

Hope this makes you feel better!!.. taken from the Western Daily Press - http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp...0739&sports=yes

'City's players staged a full-scale practice shoot-out at their Abbots Leigh training base yesterday.

After being split into two teams the squad gathered in the centre circle of one of the pitches with players going forward one-by-one to try their luck from 12 yards.

Given that City have been awarded just one spot-kick this term - and that was scored by Mickey Bell, who is currently injured - then some practice was needed.

Hill confidently converted his effort yesterday but then said he was likely to be at the back of the queue for the real thing.

"We had a little go today and I don't know if I am going to be one to take one on the day but it's easier in training," said Hill.

"Hopefully it won't come to that. I think Stevie (Phillips, goalkeeper) will come before me - I could be the 11th penalty taker! But hopefully we will do the job in the 90 minutes.

"We have a lot of lads that are confident about taking penalties and if it comes to that then hopefully we have a good enough goalkeeper to save the shots.

"But we are going there to win the game in 90 minutes and hopefully we can do that."

Matt Hill = Penalty taker - he can't even pass up the line without slicing it!! :ph34r:

Who would take them?

I'd say

Tinnion

Murray

Roberts

Doherty

Peacock

after that

Lita?

God I don't know!!!!! Lets hope we can do it in 90mins.

Roberts won't be on the pitch as he will be subbed between 65 and 75 minutes no matter how well he is performing. :huh:

My penalty takers would be :-

Carey (experienced head and good striker of the ball)

Tinnion (god and experienced)

Rougier (confident in all that he does and experienced)

Hill (if he aims for bottom right; will fire in to top left :ph34r: )

Doherty (has the balls for the job)

Archived