IGNORED

The Rebuilding Must Start Now

WellRedPhil

Time to follow in the footsteps of the Germans (as much as it pains me to say it) and start rebuilding. This 'Golden Generation' has failed us. Time to f ** k the oldies and start building from anew. No more caps for James, Upson, Lampard and Heskey and the likes of Gerrard, Terry and Feridnand are on their way. Start giving the likes of Rodwell and Wilshire a chance from a young age so they can gain good international experience and by the time we reach the next world cup they should have developed into world class players. We must ship the deadwood and cannot persist with these underachievers. So angry. No passion. No flair. I tipped us to flop but this is just ridicuolus, we've won one game all tournament ffs.

100% agree, I couldnt think of too many young players apart from wilshire coming through, but that 11 above is looking promissing. Walcott could still make it as well.

Yeah if he can stay fit for a full season at Arsenal I'm sure under Wenger he can come on greatly. The central defence is a worry for me, Johnson is fairly young and Cole has a while in him yet, while the likes of Gibbs look promising in the full back area. However I can't think of too many young centre halves. Possibly a bigger role for Jagielka in the future?

Hart

Richards

Cahill

Dawson

Gibbs

Walcott

Rodwell

Wilshire

Johnson

Delfhounso

Maynard :trumpet:

I honestly believe you could have thrown out that 11 today and they would have done much better than the 11 apparently established players who played today, i don't think they would have won, as i think Germany have a very, very good side. It annoyed me greatly to see the pundits who obviously don't watch anything other than the prem were grossly underestimating the ability of the german side, because they don't see them week in week out, Schweinsteiger is a class above anything we have in midfield and more than showed that today, he's not alone either. I got somewhat irritated when the comentators were saying that only 1 or 2 Germans would get in our side, which is a complete joke, when ozil would walk into our side, as would Klose, Laam (sp?) and others.

The problem for me is that the rebuild that we need is a complete rebuilding of english football from the top down, we need to adopt something like the model that they have in the bundesliga, the clubs are largely owned by the fans, they have salary caps, the tickets are cheap as chips meaning that they get very good crowds and atmospheres for all games, and now they have the most profitable league in the world despite having incomes much lower compared to the Premiershit.

I'd love to see the Football league begin the process in the near future to ensure clubs are well run and have an obligation to develop their own talent, to push clubs towards the german model of fan ownership in the large part, salary caps and ensuring access to the fans by keeping ticket prices low, you pay 15 euros to go and watch Bayern Munich, in the cheap areas, bottom tier behind both goals are 15 euros no matter who they are playing, as best i can tell a season ticket in these areas ( not that you can get them as they only sell 38k a season in total) is 120 euros, which also includes (again as far as i can tell) all champions league group stage games. Compare that to over here where you pay 250 odd to stand at FGR for a season, in munich they can watch top class football for half the price that i could go and watch football of an almost amateur standard in this country.

I'd love to see the clubs given back to the fans and in a position where grounds are packed every week because they are cheap enough to make the 35 quid a month you pay to sky not worth it when you can watch the real thing just down the road for a tenner if you want, which would bring football back to the people. Football has become so sanitised and shite in this country at the top level it's a bloody joke, you have a situation where over 1,000 english football fans every single week of the season sod off to watch the bundesliga in germany, because the atmosphere is vastly superior and the whole expirence is much more enjoyable, but if yu can get tickets early enough you could probably get to Munich and back and get a ticket for the game at a price not too much above paying to watch Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal.

Football as a whole needs a complete overhaul in this country if we are going to ever get anywhere on the world stage, Arsenal and probably Everton, (not sure how well Villa are run) are the only slight beacons of hope for the future of the English game, but the rest of the prem are little more than leeches eating away at our national game.

Not just rebuilding, but a complete overhaul of the FA and its coaching methods - we cannot win the World Cup playing the 'British Game'.

Spot on there mate and that's the top and bottom of it.

This "roll yer sleeves up and get stuck in" mentality will never see us succeed on the world stage. It might be the 'English way,' but whilst it is, we'll never compete with the likes of the Argies or Brazil.

This "roll yer sleeves up and get stuck in" mentality

The thing is we don't even have that nowadays. How many teams out there have you seen put less enegy and enthusiasm into their performances? France definitely and that's about it. Italy, even though they were knocked out, pressed the ball all over the park and couldn't be faulted for lack of effort.

Not just rebuilding, but a complete overhaul of the FA and its coaching methods - we cannot win the World Cup playing the 'British Game'.

I'm inclined to agree. My inquiry conclusions would be to accept we've been truly humbled - a stuck too system easily out-matched headless chickens reliant on moments of individual brilliance and secondly to discover what the hell it is our superiors are doing from grass routes level up that we're not and to emulate it.

Thankfully my faith's been shattered since 2006 so the whole circus mattered not anyway.

Hart

Richards

Cahill

Dawson

Gibbs

Walcott

Rodwell

Wilshire

Johnson

Delfhounso

Maynard :trumpet:

Andy Carroll? I do like the sound of team above. Would like to see a few of these introduced in the team for the upcoming Euro qualifiers. I still think Glenn Johnson might have a role to play for us longer term, but does need to improve his defensive positioning. Arsenal have a few good kids coming through in addition to the 3 above (Lansbury and Hobbs spring to mind). We still need to make big changes to the structure of the English game though, if we are to bring top quality youngsters through, who can compete with the best in the World. New rules next year will mean that more home-grown players will have to be named in each squad, hence West Brom getting rid of Koren and Texeira. However, I still don't think that there is any stipulation on the number of home-grown English players and that would make sense. We also need to look at why youngsters do lack the technique of our foreign cousins. With all the monney splashing around in the modern game, much more should be set aside to develop youngsters. I'll leave the 'money is ruining football' thread for another day though!

Andy Carroll? I do like the sound of team above. Would like to see a few of these introduced in the team for the upcoming Euro qualifiers. I still think Glenn Johnson might have a role to play for us longer term, but does need to improve his defensive positioning. Arsenal have a few good kids coming through in addition to the 3 above (Lansbury and Hobbs spring to mind). We still need to make big changes to the structure of the English game though, if we are to bring top quality youngsters through, who can compete with the best in the World. New rules next year will mean that more home-grown players will have to be named in each squad, hence West Brom getting rid of Koren and Texeira. However, I still don't think that there is any stipulation on the number of home-grown English players and that would make sense. We also need to look at why youngsters do lack the technique of our foreign cousins. With all the monney splashing around in the modern game, much more should be set aside to develop youngsters. I'll leave the 'money is ruining football' thread for another day though!

to be honest, i just wrote down the first 11 i could think of.

as you and others have said, there are other players who could have been in it.

Daniel Sturridge

Steven Taylor

Jordan Henderson

Lee Cattermole

just to name but a few

Archived