IGNORED

Jamie Mccombe

skinner05

What makes him so bad at Championship level? Lack of pace?

Bang on mate! Will do you a cracking job in L1 though.

He was awesome when we got promoted, and scored some vital goals in the first season up, but has been found out big time since.

Any news on a fee? Good luck for next season, Clark is building a good squad there.

He was awesome when we got promoted, and scored some vital goals in the first season up, but has been found out big time since.

Any news on a fee? Good luck for next season, Clark is building a good squad there.

I was under the impression he was on a free but clearly not.

Not a clue about the fee

I was under the impression he was on a free but clearly not.

Not a clue about the fee

Or maybe we could sort out a deal where we get Smithies and you get McCombe :whistle2:

I can live in hope!!

Jamie had a good first season in the championship and our Wembley defeat may have been different if McCombe had not have been sick!

McCombe was player of the season in our promotion season, however he seemed to loose confidence the more Championship games he played...Great signing for Huddersfield, however I'm not onvinced That Mr Coppell is not going to want to take a look first!

McCombe was excellent in our first season in the Championship.

Started last season injured but played through the injury and it showed in several poor performances.

Last season, if McCombe was thought to be 'not up to Championship standard' before eventually succumbing to the injury he was playing through then it must be said that our worst defensive performances were when McCombe was absent - Cardiff and Rotherham for instance.

If McCombe is judged on that admittedly alarming few games as not being Championship standard then the same charge could certainly be laid at the feet of Louis Carey, Liam Fontaine, Bradley Orr and Lewin Nyatanga who all had similar abysmal runs of dreadful form during the season leading to goals conceded.

I'm going to go against the general opinion expressed on this thread. McCombe was playing through injury which led to a couple of high profile mistakes and a subsequent marked diminishing of confidence.

However he is a top notch League 1 defender and an adequate Championship stopper when fit who always gives 100% and can even be outstanding at this level.

A great signing for Huddersfield if true and I for one think he will quickly become a crowd favourite for them and very likely feature successfully in the Championship again in the future.

Good luck to the Bullet Heading Man Mountain.

He's a good player who i think will do well for you. As already said he played through injury which did not enhance his performance hence the negativity from some of our followers. Makes the odd mistake like all but will give you 100% and should prove to be a good signing. Good luck to him if he goes. He,s a top bloke of the pitch as well !

Seems like a decent bloke - didnt his brother play at Huddersfield?

At championship level though he was in my opinion poor. Sometimes seemed that he was playing in clown shoes as unable to kick the ball straight and prone to gaffs etc.

Good signing at lg1 level but when Huddersfield are promoted (as i believe they will be) they will probably also look to replace him......

Up the reds.

I'm sad to see him go, because when fit and playing with confidence I thought he was a good Championship player.

However, we are looking to move beyond that now, and I would expect his departure to signal the arrival of someone a cut above a "good" player at this level .

Good luck Jamie if you are going - you're a top bloke into the mix too.

When Mcombe was injuried we played 17games and whon 2. Mcombe is not a star, but that its facts. Whish him all the best.

Bit sad to say that this 100% true and will sign officially for Huddersfield on tuesday.

Not that disappointed to be honest. Whilst he did a good job for us in League 1 and involved in our fantastic first season in the Championship, the last couple of season's he's been injury prone and clumsy in the games he has played.

Good servant, great League 1 player, but the right time to move on.

Archived