IGNORED

Stalwarts

Nogbad the Bad

With the recent departure of the likes of Basso, Trundle, Wilson and now McCombe, it's interesting ( well, to me anywayinnocent06.gif) to see who are the current longest servers at the Gate.

So, in order of length of time as professionals at the club, ( during their current stay in Carey's case) and based on either when City signed them, or when they were upgraded from the Academy:

1) Bradley Orr

2) Louis Carey

3) Cole Skuse

4) Liam Fontaine

5) Jamie McAllister

6) Lee Johnson

7) Ivan Sproule

8) Stephen Henderson

9) Christian Ribeiro

10) James Wilson

11) Marvin Elliot

12) Nicky Maynard

13) Gavin Williams

14) John Akinde

15) Marlon Jackson

16) Joe Edwards

17) David Clarkson

18) Dean Gerken

19) Paul Hartley

20) Danny Haynes

21) Lewin Nyatanga

22) Jamal Campbell - Ryce

23) Joe Lennox

24) Danny Ball

25) Albert Adomah - subject to medical.

Don't think I've missed anyone out, but wouldn't be at all surprised if one or two of the relatively long stayers listed above are absent from the squad photo in August.yes.gifcity.gif

To be fair when you look at the squad we only have 3 over 30!

True, we haven't got many old stagers age-wise.

Maybe SC will redress the balance a bit by bringing in a couple of experienced players?dunno.gif

Particularly as I can see at least a couple more of 'middling' age and experience departing AG in the next few weeks.

Crikey NTB, when you look at the list, the cupboard looks a bit bare.

Especially when you consider it's probably reasonable to say that the 3 over 30's, Carey, McAllister and Hartley, are past their prime and in fact far from guaranteed to be in SC's first choice 11 at all.

They might all be, or maybe none of them, we just don't know.

You'd think our ranks of experienced players definitely need stiffening.

Even though it would be great to see the likes of Ribs., Wilson, Lennox, Edwards, Jackson etc. getting games it's hard to introduce them successfully without a fair bit of experience in the side.

SC has said in his interview we only had 20 training today that includes Albert and if you include the 3 players injured that = 23 players........meaning we are missing 2 from your list!

Would Albert be included in that, considering he still has to have a medical?

The other could be Gavin Williams, I was a bit surprised to see he was still here to be honest........

Carey returned before Orr came in. Carey was re-signed by Wilson, Orr signed by Tinnion

With the recent departure of the likes of Basso, Trundle, Wilson and now McCombe, it's interesting ( well, to me anywayinnocent06.gif) to see who are the current longest servers at the Gate.

So, in order of length of time as professionals at the club, ( during their current stay in Carey's case) and based on either when City signed them, or when they were upgraded from the Academy:

1) Bradley Orr

2) Louis Carey

3) Cole Skuse

4) Liam Fontaine

5) Jamie McAllister

6) Lee Johnson

7) Ivan Sproule

8) Stephen Henderson

9) Christian Ribeiro

10) James Wilson

11) Marvin Elliot

12) Nicky Maynard

13) Gavin Williams

14) John Akinde

15) Marlon Jackson

16) Joe Edwards

17) David Clarkson

18) Dean Gerken

19) Paul Hartley

20) Danny Haynes

21) Lewin Nyatanga

22) Jamal Campbell - Ryce

23) Joe Lennox

24) Danny Ball

25) Albert Adomah - subject to medical.

Don't think I've missed anyone out, but wouldn't be at all surprised if one or two of the relatively long stayers listed above are absent from the squad photo in August.yes.gifcity.gif

Ivan was walking next to harts and then doing some stretching. I thought the blond guy was one of the young ones who just signed up

You're right stroudy, in fact Ivan's visible directly behind Clarkson on the bit I was pointing out on 54 secs.

No sign of Louis Carey.blink.gif

Carey returned before Orr came in. Carey was re-signed by Wilson, Orr signed by Tinnion

Sorry, LFC but you're wrong.

Orr joined City in the Summer of 2004.

Carey left City in the Summer of 2004 and returned about 6 months later.

So Orr tops the list for unbroken service.

Just checked on the player profiles.

What about Jamal?

He's there alright.

When the squad are strolling towards the camera at the beginning he's one of the last to go past, right next to the camera.

Not prominent in the training itself though.

Jackson's illness obviously can't be helped but having 4 other players injured and unable to start pre season training does seem extraordinary.

Those 5 being out means 20% of our total squad were unavailable today.

Archived