IGNORED

Scott Murray

Portland Bill

Dont know if this has been put on here yet but came across this.

Former Yeovil Town right-winger Scott Murray has landed a trial with League Two side Aldershot Town. The 36 year old is currently at the Recreation Ground for a two week period whilst he weighs up his options after being released by the Glovers at the end of last season.

Murray is also toying with the idea of getting himself back up to his native Scotland. Having been born in Aberdeen, and started his career with non-league side Fraserburgh, the player who largely made his name across two Bristol City spells has told the Aberdeen press that he is not willing to hang up his boots yet:

"I feel I still have a couple of seasons left in me, I am as fit as ever and I will be training with Aldershot Town for the next fortnight but I'm ruling nothing out and would love to end my career back in Scotland."

Murray has said that he nearly returned to Scotland in 2003 during the latter days of his first spell with Bristol City, with the then Aberdeen manager Steve Paterson trying to persuade him to come home:

"Steve Paterson was manager of the Dons when he tried to get me on-loan from Bristol City. I ended up signing for Reading but I'm now a free-agent so would be willing to go on trial with anyone to further my full-time professional career."

Murray will be making on trip back to Scotland at least, as a high profile guest in a Fraserburgh side, having left them in 2004 for Aston Villa in what was at the time a Highland League record transfer fee of £35,000:

"I am hopefully coming up to Fraserburgh to play against Rangers in my old manager Charlie Duncan's testimonial match at Bellslea on Saturday July 24 and I'm really looking forward to that."

Spotted him out running with a group of lads near to Clevedon Town's ground on Thursday evening.

It looked like he was leading the run.

Whether he was helping Micky Bell with training, or whether it was a group of amateurs, I don't know.

Archived