IGNORED

Basso

TSG

I can't understand why, i was always led to believe it was Johnson who he fell out with, and that he had a real passion for the club. With his options now apparently very limited you'd think he would bite citys hand off IF we made an offer.

That's a big if, and I'd suggest it's unlikely we have made an offer.

Bastardo is HISTORY! he doesnt like bcfc, he wanted out! why would ANYONE still like the guy? hes an ass to say the least! Sorry but it has to be said.

You sir are a complete and utter tool.

He left city because of one reason Gary Johnson, Johnson's comments on Basso when he left said everything!

Ironically on weeks later johnson was booted out the door if only Basso had stayed a few more weeks then he would have without doubt signed the new deal, sad ending

He'll have himself sorted soon without doubt if he's not already playing back home, don't be surprised to see him turn up in Gemany (apparently)

You sir are a complete and utter tool.

He left city because of one reason Gary Johnson, Johnson's comments on Basso when he left said everything!

Ironically on weeks later johnson was booted out the door if only Basso had stayed a few more weeks then he would have without doubt signed the new deal, sad ending

He'll have himself sorted soon without doubt if he's not already playing back home, don't be surprised to see him turn up in Gemany (apparently)

The Way i heard it Basso left not becaus of GJ but because he was led to believe clubs had made enquiries to BCFC & he thought that it was kept hush hush & he wasn't informed. Not Sure how true that is guess it will prob never come out the reason/s why he wanted to leave. But i will paste this up apparently he is starting the 2010/11 with Flamango's B Team with an option to starting some games in the First team.

Manager Gary Johnson revealed on BBC Somerset on 5th February 2010, that Basso was offered a contract with Exeter City on 5th February 2010 on a deal that would see him play regular first team football. Johnson revealed that Basso had turned this down as Basso didn't want to play games. On March 5th of the same year, Basso had his contract terminated, ending his five year stay at the club. [6]

Basso signed for Brazilian side Flamengo on March 12nd 2010. He was training with the B side but it expected to make first team appearances during the 2010-2011 campaign.

All the very best to him a true gentleman & great keeper in my opinion one of the very best keepers we ever had.

The Way i heard it Basso left not becaus of GJ but because he was led to believe clubs had made enquiries to BCFC & he thought that it was kept hush hush & he wasn't informed. Not Sure how true that is guess it will prob never come out the reason/s why he wanted to leave. But i will paste this up apparently he is starting the 2010/11 with Flamango's B Team with an option to starting some games in the First team.

Manager Gary Johnson revealed on BBC Somerset on 5th February 2010, that Basso was offered a contract with Exeter City on 5th February 2010 on a deal that would see him play regular first team football. Johnson revealed that Basso had turned this down as Basso didn't want to play games. On March 5th of the same year, Basso had his contract terminated, ending his five year stay at the club. [6]

Basso signed for Brazilian side Flamengo on March 12nd 2010. He was training with the B side but it expected to make first team appearances during the 2010-2011 campaign.

All the very best to him a true gentleman & great keeper in my opinion one of the very best keepers we ever had.

I remember both Gary and Steve saying as much, though the majority on here seemed to believe they were lying. I know everybody loves a good conspiracy theory but why would we do that? Did we hide from Marv the fact that Wolves had made a bid? Given we had Chris Weale I'm sure we would have listened to a substantial bid for Basso. It was also reported of course that his agent advised him to sign the contract on offer, which wouldn't suggest he was aware of any interest if so. In any event if Prem clubs were after him why did none of them snap him up when he was free? All now a bit of a non-story now surely? In which case why am I responding? :innocent06:

Been on the Flamengo site and looked at transfers in and out and Adriano Basso isn't on the list. I'm pretty sure he is still in England.

I can confirm that Basso is alive and kicking and still in Bristol, two friends of mine bumped into him in Broadmead a couple of Saturdays ago. He told them that a couple of clubs were interested in him but did not say which clubs. A thoroughly decent guy who still has time for the fans.Ooh Basso, Oh Basso.

I can confirm that Basso is alive and kicking and still in Bristol, two friends of mine bumped into him in Broadmead a couple of Saturdays ago. He told them that a couple of clubs were interested in him but did not say which clubs. A thoroughly decent guy who still has time for the fans.Ooh Basso, Oh Basso.

I can confirm that, see him in the Co-op in Long Ashton regularly as he lives near us - still in Bristol and has some interest from a number of clubs, he was fairly confident that he would be signing for someone soon! Always stops to have a chat as does his wife. Both thoroughly nice people.

I thought Basso was back with us.

Saw loads of photos of him taken at AG last week, but was confused as to why he had his face blacked up and was wearing an afro wig.

I can't understand why, i was always led to believe it was Johnson who he fell out with, and that he had a real passion for the club. With his options now apparently very limited you'd think he would bite citys hand off if we made an offer.

You mean after we've signed David James? :laugh:

He'd not get a look in probably and hence he wouldn't be interested.

Archived