IGNORED

Are You Happy To Stay In The Championship?

Sniper

Ok this might sound like a daft question but are you?

Shall we just be happy where we are? and build a decent squad slowly?

Or do we try and get to the promised land ASAP?

Whenever we get linked with a QUALITY player whether the rumour is true or not people say we can't afford the fee or we can't afford the wages?

I'd love to see Kitson up front with Maynard for example but QUALITY COSTS.

Are we ever going to get to the Premier League without spending any BIG money?

(I Know I know, we were so so close and BLACKPOOL shows it can be done, but it is rare)

Obviously I don't want to see the club get into any financial trouble, and no you can't buy yourself to the Premier League

(well you might, lets see how Boro do this season!) but it does sure help the cause.

COME ON STEVE. PUSH THE BOAT OUT AND WITHOUT COMMITTING FINANCIAL SUICIDE buy us at least 1 or 2 REAL

QUALITY PLAYERS! It could be the difference between a top 6 (hopefully! top 2) and a midtable finish.

An extra couple of Million may get us 90 Million back?

Good philosophy, but unfortunately teams such as ours in our position have 2 problems:

1. We find it hard to attract top quality players to our neck of the woods (unless there are BIG cash lures)

2. We find it diffcult to hold on to good, developing players when they are head-hunted by Premier League teams

For me, the only way to be a top team is to get there first, THEN attract the best players and keep our developing ones - we'll have a better chance of doing that while in the top league.

I'd swap our place for Blackpool's any day.

Good philosophy, but unfortunately teams such as ours in our position have 2 problems:

1. We find it hard to attract top quality players to our neck of the woods (unless there are BIG cash lures)

2. We find it diffcult to hold on to good, developing players when they are head-hunted by Premier League teams

For me, the only way to be a top team is to get there first, THEN attract the best players and keep our developing ones - we'll have a better chance of doing that while in the top league.

I'd swap our place for Blackpool's any day.

Me too!! If you don't aspire to the pinnacle there's no point. It has to be achieved prudently however to protect the clubs long-term future. Burnley were sensible, ok, they have been relegated, but they are a club much, much better off for their season at the top and will be there or there abouts again. Small clubs going up and throwing their newly found wealth about are the architects of their own destruction imho.

The team that make make laugh are Hull, following the Bradford City model ( remember them paying Carbone a then ludicrous £40k per week!!!), and we can all see where Bradford have ended up.

Archived