IGNORED

Jones To Fulham

SUMMAT OUTTA NOWT

Ok, just back from Glamorgan V Kent, 1 of the lads i go with is a big sc lad, said Jones is to be unveiled on monday as Fulham boss and that one booky has closed the book on him becoming next Fulham manager. Personally at this point I think its bollox and all chinese whispers at the moment, but there are a lot of rumours flying about that he is off :fingerscrossed: so something must be up!

Possibly, but Sven was odds on up until very recently and he has drifted out, whereas Jones was 6/7 Fav and is now second... or is it a more informed comment than you are letting on?!

I havent a clue about 'odds' and 'drifting', that's bookie talk, but Martin Jol has apparently been in talks with Fulham. Personally i cant for the life of me see why Dave Jones would be in with a chance, what has he ever achieved in the prem? Fulham were in the final of the europa cup last season, Cardiff lost the play off final to Blackpool!

I havent a clue about 'odds' and 'drifting', that's bookie talk, but Martin Jol has apparently been in talks with Fulham. Personally i cant for the life of me see why Dave Jones would be in with a chance, what has he ever achieved in the prem? Fulham were in the final of the europa cup last season, Cardiff lost the play off final to Blackpool!

I think Jones seems a good candidate to take over at Fulham.

To be fair Hodgson didn't have a glowing history in the Prem (only with Blackburn) previous to Fulham. At the time infact, Hodgson's appointment was a surprise to many, now look at him.

I wouldnt be surprised is Sven ends up there.

Is it confirmed that Jol is staying at Ajax? Because until thats confirmed I would still consider him the favourite as Im sure Al Fayed will keep trying to get him.

On another note, I see down the list Iain Dowie is being mentioned again. Why oh why does he seem to always get considered for these jobs?? Apart from a few successful months at Oldham, he has seen nothing but failure in my eyes and yet I see his name again and again. He is either a very good manager and just unlucky and chairmen see this and want to give him another shot hoping that one day it will all come good or he is the best blagger in the world when it comes to talking himself into work!

I wouldnt be surprised is Sven ends up there.

Is it confirmed that Jol is staying at Ajax? Because until thats confirmed I would still consider him the favourite as Im sure Al Fayed will keep trying to get him.

On another note, I see down the list Iain Dowie is being mentioned again. Why oh why does he seem to always get considered for these jobs?? Apart from a few successful months at Oldham, he has seen nothing but failure in my eyes and yet I see his name again and again. He is either a very good manager and just unlucky and chairmen see this and want to give him another shot hoping that one day it will all come good or he is the best blagger in the world when it comes to talking himself into work!

Totally agree about Dowie. John Gregory was the same, kept getting jobs despite his abysmal managerial record.

Totally agree about Dowie. John Gregory was the same, kept getting jobs despite his abysmal managerial record.

There are many managers like that - some we're linked to city last time round - thank god we got coppell!

Looks like it will be Jol.

And people saying why would he change Ajax to Fulham, not really surprising. The dutch league is really really shite and he wants to manage in England. Good appointment, and good club for Jol.

It's not a good club for Jol at all, it's a good club for Jol's bank balance.

It's a career ender for him as he is on a hiding to nothing. Fulham punched massively above the weight their limited resources allows them under Hodgson and it is exceedingly unlikely Jol can replicate that.

He won't get them into Europe and will probably be out on his ear in 18 months.

As a move, if he takes it, it smacks of a lack of ambition to me. He should be trying to win a title at Ajax and then looking for a career move to a club he can be seen as a success at - Fulham ain't it.

Still, he'll be well paid off.

Firstly Ajax are playing champions league football next season, so are already at a higher level than Fulham.... and last year should of been a championship winning season but for umberella fella. Historically, if you can be bothered to look, Ajax haven't really ever spent big because the majority of players come through what is easily the greatest academy in football, jol is a **** and another example of a greedy predator interested in a fat paycheque rather than proving himself at a club with enviable history and pride. Hup Joeden, hup Ajax the club will survive long after Jol, I'd like to see Van Gaal return, not likely but maybe in 2012?

Firstly Ajax are playing champions league football next season, so are already at a higher level than Fulham.... and last year should of been a championship winning season but for umberella fella. Historically, if you can be bothered to look, Ajax haven't really ever spent big because the majority of players come through what is easily the greatest academy in football, jol is a **** and another example of a greedy predator interested in a fat paycheque rather than proving himself at a club with enviable history and pride. Hup Joeden, hup Ajax the club will survive long after Jol, I'd like to see Van Gaal return, not likely but maybe in 2012?

Pantelic and Rommedahl have left, Suarez? Probably and Van de Wiel is not out of the gossip columns for long. The previous season they got beat by AZ, then last season McLarens Twente FFS! With Pantelic and Rommedahl gone (and perhaps 1 or 2 others) how long will Ajax be in the Champions League?

I totally agree with you about the academy but where are the real benefits on the pitch? The priorties seem to be different in some areas of the club. The presence of a world class academy that nurtures talent, provides silver ware and then a fat transfer fee should for all purposes allow a club to break even. Except it isn't!

Your words " jol is a **** and another example of a greedy predator interested in a fat paycheque rather than proving himself" - If true, Ajax should have had the managerial sense to pick up on this before hiring him. But then that explains the **** up with van Basten! When you hire 2 managers that don't deliver in a row, the problem is not on the bench.

The club is being poorly run and Jol knows it.

Archived