IGNORED

Koumas And Scotland?

Mclovin BS14

After seeing the news that hartley is likely to be on his way, i thought what about jason koumas as his replacement he is 30 now so i doubt he would be wanted by a prem club but i would think he would a job in the championship. And i thought of a partner for maynard who i think would do a great job with nicky and it shows he can't cut it in the prem but also shown he can do it in the championship so worth a look at i think????

there just suggestions guys

cheers Mc.

After seeing the news that hartley is likely to be on his way, i thought what about jason koumas as his replacement he is 30 now so i doubt he would be wanted by a prem club but i would think he would a job in the championship. And i thought of a partner for maynard who i think would do a great job with nicky and it shows he can't cut it in the prem but also shown he can do it in the championship so worth a look at i think????

there just suggestions guys

cheers Mc.

I personally think Koumas is a class player, wages might be pretty high though!

Koumas is a lazy show pony who IMO is never up for a battle. Great when things are going well, not great when backs are to the wall. Wouldn't have thought he's a 'Coppell Player' either

Just wondering what you base that assumption on not that i disagree but we had this situation before with GJ people would name a potential signing and someone would say oh he is this or that and GJ doesnt have those sort of players. From what i have seen of Coppells teams previously he tends to lean towards open play keeping it on the deck and passing and moving so how can we say what is or isnt a "Coppell Player" considering he hasnt managed a competitive game for us as yet. Not being obtuse but i just dont understand where these comments come from

Just wondering what you base that assumption on not that i disagree but we had this situation before with GJ people would name a potential signing and someone would say oh he is this or that and GJ doesnt have those sort of players. From what i have seen of Coppells teams previously he tends to lean towards open play keeping it on the deck and passing and moving so how can we say what is or isnt a "Coppell Player" considering he hasnt managed a competitive game for us as yet. Not being obtuse but i just dont understand where these comments come from

I do take your point, but Steve Coppell is associated with a certain style of play and as Koumas has neither the pace and directness to play as a winger in said style, nor the aggression to play in the middle, it stands to reason that he wouldn't be a target. To be honest, i also don't like Koumas as a player- i think he's lazy, self-important and has never been anywhere near as good as he thinks he is- so there is an element of hope that we don't sign him mixed in there as well

I do take your point, but Steve Coppell is associated with a certain style of play and as Koumas has neither the pace and directness to play as a winger in said style, nor the aggression to play in the middle, it stands to reason that he wouldn't be a target. To be honest, i also don't like Koumas as a player- i think he's lazy, self-important and has never been anywhere near as good as he thinks he is- so there is an element of hope that we don't sign him mixed in there as well

Fair response and i tend to agree about Koumas he has never set any stage on fire. With Coppell at the helm i think we can look forward to seeing some of the money spent on the acadamy coming to fruition and that we will invest well in good players that want to play for the manager. The other aspect is that should we start to do well in terms of league position it will help us to get some of the better younger players into our set up and i really believe that SC will blood youngsters and we will improve.

Koumas is a lazy show pony who IMO is never up for a battle. Great when things are going well, not great when backs are to the wall. Wouldn't have thought he's a 'Coppell Player' either

Harsh assessment. WBA's player of the season in the Prem 02/03, was in Championship team of the Year 05/06 and 06/07 and is a top quality player at this level. He lacks the physical presence and perhaps attitude to make it in the Prem, but he would be an absolute star in the Championship. Watched him play a fair amount for Wales too, and he often did very well in the midfield. Would absolutely love it if we got him, just because he can't get into Premier League sides, does not mean he would not be a fantastic signing for us, were it to happen

Archived