IGNORED

Aldershot Away

I live in Aldershot what a s**t hole, It's a 5 minutes walk for me to see city. Can't wait. Aldershot FC have not started selling their tickets to home fans yet.

Also on the plus side Military Personnel recieve a discount upon showing ID.

i will be there ID in hand :dancing6:

Guest Parson St Station

Oh my. I remember Aldershot away in the Eighties (could be seventies)...Our boys went in and started a ruck, however there were a fair few Para's in the ground who could not believe their luck.

Dogs on the pitch, only one segregation fence (which meant if you walked all the way around the ground you would be in the oppositions 'end'!!).

Does enyone remember the Police Inspector between the City and Aldeshot fans being covered in spit as both sets of fans held him against the bars?

Took at least 4-5 mins for his subordinates to rescue him :innocent06:

Used to be a well hard Para crew down there. Not any more by the sounds of it

I live in Aldershot what a s**t hole, It's a 5 minutes walk for me to see city. Can't wait. Aldershot FC have not started selling their tickets to home fans yet.

Also on the plus side Military Personnel recieve a discount upon showing ID.

Oh Aldershot, that's a blast from the past was there '83-'84, St Omer bks (the one with the tower block) don't think it's there any more?. Happy days.......... :drunk2:

Its the only time anyone will ever catch me visiting that stadium. The best thing on a saturday is driving past the ground at 5 and watching the young chavs trying to cause trouble with grown men.

i live across the road from the stadium and we get loads of them tryin to hide in the estate but they dont bank on a load of squaddies being out and they tend to get caught.

Oh my. I remember Aldershot away in the Eighties (could be seventies)...Our boys went in and started a ruck, however there were a fair few Para's in the ground who could not believe their luck.

Dogs on the pitch, only one segregation fence (which meant if you walked all the way around the ground you would be in the oppositions 'end'!!).

Does enyone remember the Police Inspector between the City and Aldeshot fans being covered in spit as both sets of fans held him against the bars?

Took at least 4-5 mins for his subordinates to rescue him :innocent06:

Used to be a well hard Para crew down there. Not any more by the sounds of it

:innocent06:Remember it well I got hit by a flying shoe and my old man was hit by an empty 1/2 whisky bottle....Those were the days aaaaaghhhhh :innocent06:

Farnborough Airshow 2010 has its public days on Saturday and Sunday, and this will cause traffic problems.

Aldershot is about 3 miles south of the airfield.

Probably best to avoid all roads to the north of the ground, especially after the match.

you will be better off coming off of the M4 at the second reading juction the one you would use to get to the madjeski, and head through hartney witney and then down to fleet, once in the shot head through the military part on the dual carridge way, the stadium is on that same road at the bottom of the hill there is usually ample parking in the car park right next to the ground.

Archived