IGNORED

Noble Plays For First Time In A Year

Ross Verbals

As we have a few days until the real deal begins, our English pre-season, I just thought I would let you all know that Nobes started Exeter's match against Clevedon last Thursday. Apologies if it had already been stated, I just was pleased to see it, as he is a player I personally will always hold dear. Not just for those two strikes versus Rotherham confirming our promotion, but for my favourite goal of all time - his wonder strike versus Warnock.

A review of the game can be found here - It appears he played behind the midfield, and as you can see from his picture, he is shaping up for future tough tackles in League One by growing a Tommy Doc/Paul Hartley/Insert scowling centre midfielder beard here.

Top man

Ross Verbals

As we have a few days until the real deal begins, our English pre-season, I just thought I would let you all know that Nobes started Exeter's match against Clevedon last Thursday. Apologies if it had already been stated, I just was pleased to see it, as he is a player I personally will always hold dear. Not just for those two strikes versus Rotherham confirming our promotion, but for my favourite goal of all time - his wonder strike versus Warnock.

A review of the game can be found here - It appears he played behind the midfield, and as you can see from his picture, he is shaping up for future tough tackles in League One by growing a Tommy Doc/Paul Hartley/Insert scowling centre midfielder beard here.

Top man

Ross Verbals

For me, David Noble could have been one of our best players in the last 10/20 years if things would had worked out differently for him here, he certainly had the talent. From personal experience with the lad, I know he enjoyed his social life a little to much.....whether this was the reason he never really got given the chance he wanted at City, or whether it was Johnsons stubborness to not pick creativity......we may never know.

Maybe 12 months out the game has matured the lad, its amazing how you only realise how good you got something, just about when you think you may lose it all together. To be named captain shows that Tisdale has massive faith in him......maybe thats what he needed

All the best to him I say

It could be the continental style holding role played by players such as Andrea Pirlo. They sit in front of the back four, collect the ball from them and spray the ball around.

i got a feeling if he stays fit this year and plays the way you say it could change his career around. good luck nobes

Glad to see him back!

Really enjoyed watching him play,he seemed to have a very creative mind when on the pitch always looking for that killer pass or something out of the norm.I would be happy if nobes was still here and 100% fit of course,not many players around like him.

Gl to ya nobes!

Top man

Ross Verbals

Well said Bro. He'll always be a legend to me as he wanted to play the right way.

Also good to say we've played on the same hallowed turf as him!!

Was always dissapointed he didn't play more for us and even though he had certain flaws I really do believe he was a fantastic creative player. Would've loved to see more of him, especially in the Championship, and to this day his goal against Palace is one of my favourite football memories, what a strike it was!

Good luck to you Nobes, and hopefully you'll achieve your potential when given a run of games.

Archived